Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:20:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Luck in cryptoeconomics is a myth?  (Read 1659 times)
shiningstar

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:43:28 AM

Well luck do exist but it's not something that you can depends on, it's the same as my friend who knows nothing about trading, he bought iota and ride the wave back then in the december, but after that he lost almost all the profit he got with several other bad trades. He has luck in the beginning but if he knows how to trade then he won't lose that much money.

oscarrsm

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:19:07 AM

I also think that the key to successful investment is a symbiosis of mathematical calculations and good luck.
Hardly you will be successful enough only thanks to luck. Without certain knowledge, it is better not to start investing at all.
You don't invest your money in any bank that you met only for luck. You choose the most reliable bank.
The same situation with investing.
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:22:06 AM

I think that luck does not exist, the more in a sphere such as cryptoeconomics. In order to enter a profitable project, you need to analyze all the risks, and then again analyze everything.

I think there is an element of luck involved because it is impossible to predict what happens in the future. Did anyone know that bytecoin would get listed in binance and then rise up X%! Unless you have a link to someone working there for insider trading i would say luck is a big part of it
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:13:30 AM

In reality even if you analyze the potential projects and re-analyze the tokens in exchanges luck still plays a good role in having higher profits. As we know even if we have the indicators of a potential moon of different cryptos not all of it will give you higher profits and it is good luck thatt will land you to a token that will give you high profits.
Yara1996

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:20:12 AM

You say everything right, but I'm so that even the best project fails, believe me here too, you have to have a good luck!

farland7

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:21:27 PM

This is a rather difficult question. I think that it will be difficult to answer for sure. I was not particularly lucky in crypt, but I think that as a whole we can’t be here without it ..
Mr.Noda

Activity: 1344

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:40:42 PM

I would say investing in coins by playing roulette! In fact, it is! You will be lucky so in any case you should invest only those funds that are ready to lose...

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MEGABSC ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  HYBRID DEFI ON BINANCE SMART CHAIN  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
frediiii

Activity: 335

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:11:26 AM

I think that if a trader is not experienced, then he basically hopes for luck because he does not understand much about the crypt. Some people are really lucky.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:21:48 AM

Well sometimes with only luck you can make money, who knows the coin that you bought can be suddenly pump by other people, but in trading or investing may not only rely on luck, but you need skill, luck can only make you earn profit sometimes not all the times, so you can't rely on your luck to make profit but you can rely on your skill to make profit
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:24:15 AM

I think that luck does not exist, the more in a sphere such as cryptoeconomics. In order to enter a profitable project, you need to analyze all the risks, and then again analyze everything.

I think that luck has to play a role. Even with all the knowledge in the world, you can't predict price movements with 100% accuracy - therefore luck has to play at least a small part. The only exception I can think of is if you're enough of a whale that you can rig the market for a certain coin.
kruzer200

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

= DINNGO = https://dinngo.co

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 05:26:09 AM

It seems to me that experienced traders in the crypt rely on knowledge, experience and technical analysis, so there is no luck, only calculation..

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■⚫●●     DINNGO     ●●⚫■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
████████  ⚫●●     THE MOBILE DIGITAL CURRENCY EXCHANGE     ●●⚫  ████████
White Paper  ●  Telegram   Facebook   Twitter   Medium   Reddit   Youtube  ●  ANN Thread
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:33:29 AM

As a small time investor, there is some luck in play. You can do all the research you want and make an educated decision on what you invest in, but you can’t control what a whale is going to do. If they want to pump it or dump it, you have no control over it. Then, you have no control over the rest of the market’s reaction to that move. Long term I would say there is less luck involved, but day to day move are so unpredictable that you have to have a little luck on your side.

Crypto currency investment profits or gain in not a luck, there is no luck in investment, the reality is you may lost or gain some from crypto trading market. the amount you are investing in, is just the same amount of risk that you are facing in every investment into crypto currency coin. if you were able to invest in crypto coin when the market value is low, then after a period of time the said coin appreciate or increase its price value into the market, that i would say, a very good timing of investment.as expert say's" Buy low and Sell high"
dimon01

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:29:17 PM

Given the fact that in the crypt you can not completely take everything into account, there is always a risk and unforeseen circumstances, then I would say that some of luck is present.
kingnony

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:46:50 PM

I do believe that in everything in life, there is always an element of luck in all we do. Though some of us are not always lucky. In cryptocurrency, luck still plays a role atimes. Example is you logging into your exchange account and sold your coin some minutes before market goes red. If you are to say one can't relay 100% on luck when making investment decision, I will go with that, because one needs to do an in-depth study of what he/she is putting his/her money into.
Weirdwas

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:19:17 PM

I wouldn't completely call it a myth. You do need to have good timing and knowing when the best time is to buy or sell, but thanks to not knowing when values will increase or decrease, luck would be a factor. You could time selling a certain amount only to find it increase even more, or you could wait just a little to longer only for a drop to happen. Once it starts dropping you could sell or hold just to find it continue to drop so I would say luck definitely plays a factor but doesn't determine everything, the rest is all you.
fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:26:10 PM

I know that we are here full effort, working day and night to analyze and complete the tasks to get more profits. very second is valuable to watch the graphics on the market. ALl efforts, time, and energy are spent for earning more profits. But, sometimes, we are unlucky and we got lost. But, sometimes, we are so lucky and everything nice. Despite your beliefe, I really believe that luck is not a myth. That is what many people hope the lucks after their big efforts to come.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
maichimoto

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:27:08 PM

Well it's about questioning the term luck in general then I guess. How would you call it if someone just joins the airdrop and then gets the token that grows a lot? For someone it might be luck, but you can also say they he joined the airdrop, so it was not lucky...
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:35:30 PM

Investment in crypto currency should not be relied on luck. Just like you said, in order to be profitable with crypto investment, We need to do our own research and our own analysis on that matter. We should also have our own strategies and goals and take only the advice applicable to your risk profile. Being able to take profit once you have achieved your own target price, and triggering your stop loss a few ticks below your entry point needs both discipline and patience.
vike

Activity: 411