Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 07:04:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 min left in Bitcoin Painting Auction! CoinDesk calls it #1 Bitcoin Art Piece  (Read 11223 times)
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:28:55 PM

cool, thanks for getting back  Smiley and best of luck with auction whomever buys

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4538

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:43:08 PM

in january i rplied about the project of th OP going from nothing to a house using only bitcoin. i quotd that he failed to use only fiat. and this recent update of a painting that is sold on ebay for dollars is again not a bitcoin project at all, its just a get a free house project..

so who will be first to get this topic sent to the trashcan as its not promoting bitcoin as first envisioned..

i dis-like failed bitcoin projects, especially when those involved dont even put the effort in, to actually try to stick with bitcoins. it seems his eye is more on the house then the bitcoin concept... utter fail in my book

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bitcoincito (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:05:09 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 02:26:03 PM by bitcoincito

franky1, your comment is emblematic of a sub-culture in the bitcoin community that limits innovation, brings the community down, and turns newcomers away. The lack of ANY coherence or logic in your comment is troubling. I will address your reply, not for your sake but for the sake of others in the community who deserve clarity in the face of your nonsense. Please don't de facto edit it:

"in january i rplied about the project of th OP going from nothing to a house using only bitcoin. i quotd that he failed to use only fiat."
--> You are correct in that I failed to use fiat. Every transaction has and will be in bitcoin.

"and this recent update of a painting that is sold on eBay for dollars is again not a bitcoin project at all, its just a get a free house project.."
--> You didn't read the terms of the auction. I can help you, as it's spelled out in the description of the auction: "Any bids will be in dollars [because eBay doesn't allow bids in bitcoin], but the winner must pay in the equivalent amount in bitc0in as per the terms of the project." http://www.ebay.com/itm/Last-Bitc0in-Supper-Huge-Original-Masterpiece-French-Artist-Youl-/231280050208

"so who will be first to get this topic sent to the trashcan as its not promoting bitcoin as first envisioned.."
--> There's really nothing to say here. You make two false statements and call for the pitchforks. [insert rolling eyes]

"i dis-like failed bitcoin projects,"
--> If this is true, franky1, it means you also dislike innovation. Things fail, people fail. But we pick ourselves up and keep trying. Many of the people who history reflects as the greatest successes only got to those points because of massive failures.

"especially when those involved dont even put the effort in, to actually try to stick with bitcoins."
--> Again, your words are not founded in fact or reality.

"it seems his eye is more on the house then the bitcoin concept... utter fail in my book"
--> For the record, a house would be nice... I wouldn't have created this project if that wasn't true. But it will only happen if I am able to make contributions to the community with each transaction in this project. My deepest intention is to be of service to a bitcoin community that I love in a small way. If I am rewarded and others are rewarded in the process, that is AWESOME. That won't happen if each and every transaction doesn't highlight the possibility, excitement, and creativity of MANY members of the bitcoin community. Not all members, as you've demonstrated, but many!

in january i rplied about the project of th OP going from nothing to a house using only bitcoin. i quotd that he failed to use only fiat. and this recent update of a painting that is sold on ebay for dollars is again not a bitcoin project at all, its just a get a free house project..

so who will be first to get this topic sent to the trashcan as its not promoting bitcoin as first envisioned..

i dis-like failed bitcoin projects, especially when those involved dont even put the effort in, to actually try to stick with bitcoins. it seems his eye is more on the house then the bitcoin concept... utter fail in my book
bitcoincito (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:27:36 AM

cool, thanks for getting back  Smiley and best of luck with auction whomever buys

Thanks Guido! Really appreciate your support. It's been an exciting first day of the auction.

What I know is that whoever buys is a lucky person. I got to see the creation of the painting over 2 months. I know the thought, care, love, long nights, and sheer expertise that went into its creation. Also... it's meaning and significance goes deep, at least for me as I've gotten to know a bitcoin community that in its totality reflects the whole of humanity!

Warmest,
Bitcoincito
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4538

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:26:40 AM

im sorry that im ruining your chances of getting your house by mentioning that you are doing FIAT trades, yet under pretense that your doing a bitcoin project. (purely for PR reasons to get people to hand you FIAT, not to get bitcoin recognized)

next time stick to bitcoin auction sites such as https://cryptothrift.com and i would not have any problems with your 'plan'

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bitcoincito (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:16:03 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 12:44:07 PM by bitcoincito

im sorry that im ruining your chances of getting your house by mentioning that you are doing FIAT trades, yet under pretense that your doing a bitcoin project. (purely for PR reasons to get people to hand you FIAT, not to get bitcoin recognized)

Franky1, It's clear you are a troll. I feel a bit special because a troll cares enough to troll Smiley

If you insist, feel free to continue making strange accusations that have literally nothing to do with reality because, in a sense, they add to the story. Each time you tell me I'm doing "fiat trades" when in fact ALL transactions including this one have and will be transacted in bitcoin, it's as absurd as someone saying, "you live in Tokyo" when the reality is your life and house is in New York. People can say whatever they want... it doesn't have to make sense.

When I began Project Bitcoin, I wondered who would come out of the woodwork, and what their agendas would be. What amazed me is that I've had the opportunity to meet and talk with the most amazing people - from Casascius in Utah (transaction #3) to Daniel in Austria, one of Namecoin's archtects (#6) to Phinnaeus Gage who created a bitcoin charity (#2, the wallet maker) to Eduardo in Brazil, who runs a bitcoin oriented podcast. (#3, purchaser of the wallets). Those are just a few of the amazing people with important contributions to bitcoin that I've felt humbled to meet and know. Anyway... the point is, it makes sense I'd find a troll somewhere down the line!

The point is, welcome to the family. I'm not afraid of people who spout crazy shit out of jealously, mental-emotional problems, or hunger for social interaction. I have compassion for you, and I hope you're fulfilled in life.

As you know, in the interim I have a beautiful painting on auction for Project Bitcoin's 9th transaction. It isn't just any bitcoin painting, it's the Last (Bitcoin) Supper - which already has 18 bids, and will be selling in... you got it... bitcoin. Almost anything I say about it won't do it justice, but what's particularly interesting is that it goes through pains to include archetypes that represent most of the people in the bitcoin world at that take. If you look closely enough, you might see yourself in one of the people sitting around the table!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231280050208

Warmest,
Bitcoincito

bitcoincito (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:06:41 PM

UPDATE: After 2.5 days, Last Supper bitcoin painting has gone from .0015 btc to 1 btc in 2 days!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Last-Bitc0in-Supper-Huge-Original-Masterpiece-French-Artist-Youl-/231280050208
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 02:29:12 PM

i guess this was alot of work so i hope he gets a good price.  Smiley

Fragan

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:12:55 PM

Great idea , wanna contact u soon

Win Bitcoins at https://bitcoin-scratchticket.com
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:33:50 PM

Wow - that painting really is impressive! Interesting idea and great accomplishment.

It definitely has the potential to gain in value. Could become a true classic....
sugarfree

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:52:20 PM

I can identify some of the archetypes and the blog cleared up what the artist was attempting to do with the blockchain, but not many of the others. So roll call time.... From left to right, who are they all supposed to be from the Bitcoin world?
bitcoincito (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:00:02 AM

Wow - that painting really is impressive! Interesting idea and great accomplishment.

It definitely has the potential to gain in value. Could become a true classic....

Great idea , wanna contact u soon

i guess this was alot of work so i hope he gets a good price.  Smiley

--> just wanted to say thank you to those above for your kind words!

This has been a really crazy and meaningful day. Thousands of people - literally thousands - have visited that auction page, and there have been 37 bidders. More importantly, so many people see the brilliance of the work of the artist, Youl, and the deeper metaphor of a painting that is both spectacular and reflective of the bitcoin community that continues to grow into itself.  

I'm really excited to see where this auction goes, to make this next transaction with an amazing person in our bitcoin community, and to continue on the trek of Project Bitcoin... what a story, and what a community!
bitcoincito (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:13:29 PM

Quick update: 37 Hours left in the auction, 42 bids, up to 2.19 btc!

BTCfan668

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:40:13 PM

Quick update: 37 Hours left in the auction, 42 bids, up to 2.19 btc!

This is really awesome!

I love seeing something in the bitcoin economy flourish.
dompsairs

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:59:52 PM

Man this paiting is awesome, i wish i had some spare btc
bitcoincito (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:41:17 PM

Man this paiting is awesome, i wish i had some spare btc
This is really awesome!
I love seeing something in the bitcoin economy flourish.

First, just wanted to thank you guys and about 100 other people for your kind words. This is a truly one of a kind painting and opportunity, and I feel so grateful to have been a part of it and to get to tell it's story!

Second, here's the big last or second to last update on the painting: There are 14 hours left in the auction, and the price is up from .0024 btc to 4.56 btc. I will be so excited to get it in the hands of whoever the right person is. Remember, this is transaction #9 for Project Bitcoin (all information is below), and the artist gets half of whatever the final price is!

Warmest,
Bitcoincito

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:02:56 PM

great painting ill buy it for half a bitcoin if it isn't sold

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Catmoonglow

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:59:53 PM

I like it. Will probably not stay on $1.75!
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:10:50 PM

I like it. Will probably not stay on $1.75!

does that mean im about to win the auction  Smiley

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
bitcoincito (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:43:53 AM

Last ten minutes of the auction!

CoinDesk has already called it the #1 piece of bitcoin art out of many amazing pieces.

Currently at 4.64 btc and worth so much more. So excited to see what person will own this timeless and amazing piece of bitcoin art, and also join me for the 9th transaction of Project Bitcoin!

Whatever the final price, it's perfect, and so excited to be close to having a very successful 9th transaction as part of Project Bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: