Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:58:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SolidCoin 1.04 to be Released - Update as soon as possible  (Read 2350 times)
ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 12:00:29 PM

According to the following page, SolidCoin 1.04 is about to be released soon: https://scexchange.bitparking.com/main

SolidCoin 1.04 will be more solid than ever!

According to unauthorized sources, SolidCoin 1.04 will include the following features:
 - trading fees will be set by the user, exactly as in Bitcoin, since it was discovered that the fix provided in 1.03 is not sufficient to convince bitparking to reopen solidcoin withdrawing.
 - a larger average interval between blocks, of 9 minutes and 50 seconds; with this interval it was found that the network is much more resilient to various attacks.
 - despite the longer confirmation interval, unconfirmed transactions will be visible instantly.
 - a revisited difficulty (we don't know yet exactly what the changes will be, but it sounds exciting)
 - in order to foster the development of Solidcoin, more bounties will be added, with a new set of premined blocks. 1000 premined blocks will be inserted in the blockchain, from block 29,000 to block 29,999. Block 30,000 will resume using the nonce of block 29,000. New blocks will be recognized as valid by the updated nodes, using an "if then else statement" technology.
 - improved troll resilience

We are confident that with these improvements, SolidCoin will completely destroy Bitcoin. Bitcoin will collapse! Satoshi will die!

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 12:46:49 PM

According to the following page, SolidCoin 1.04 is about to be released soon: https://scexchange.bitparking.com/main

According to unauthorized sources, SolidCoin 1.04 will include the following features:
 - trading fees will be set by the user, exactly as in Bitcoin, since it was discovered that the fix provided in 1.03 is not sufficient to convince bitparking to reopen solidcoin withdrawing.
 - a larger average interval between blocks, of 9 minutes and 50 seconds; with this interval it was found that the network is much more resilient to various attacks.
 - despite the longer confirmation interval, unconfirmed transactions will be visible instantly.
 - a revisited difficulty (we don't know yet exactly what the changes will be, but it sounds exciting)
 - in order to foster the development of Solidcoin, more bounties will be added, with a new set of premined blocks. 1000 premined blocks will be inserted in the blockchain, from block 29,000 to block 29,999. Block 30,000 will resume using the nonce of block 29,000. New blocks will be recognized as valid by the updated nodes, using an "if then else statement" technology.

We are confident that with these improvements, SolidCoin will completely destroy Bitcoin. Bitcoin will collapse! Satoshi will die!
You forgot one very important thing:
The daily discovered bug is now official called a feature, as it forces all users to update daily! So ShitSolidCoin is now official bug free! Internationally awarded SolidCoin analysts estimate that such unexpected features will be found daily for at least a few month.
Of course it could be that you loose all your coins, but whenever that happens, it will be considered a feature too!
ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 12:52:39 PM

Of course it could be that you loose all your coins, but whenever that happens, it will be considered a feature too!

oh yes, I love that one because it will teach you how to detach yourself from material contingencies of this world, and how to raise your soul.

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 01:00:09 PM

Hmm - so 'backwards compatibility' isn't in the solidcoin lexicon, how about that.

Sounds like solidcoin should be renamed solidaritycoin - all for one and one for all.. no alternative implementations or backwards compatibility allowed - the one true dev shall guide us in homogenous adhocracy!

SolidCoin - *SOLID* like the DPRK is *DEMOCRATIC*
(and about as democratic too)

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 11:12:49 PM

I did a lot of research and reading about Solidcoin... It not bring any improvement to Bitcoin, it is just a clone of it... Plus a lot of Bitcoin defamations.

I prefer Bitcoin 100000 times than any other Shitcoin out there... Only if a new cryptocurrency brings a entire new code, new approaches, new interfaces, new markets, new miners, from scratch, I'll be interested about it... Any Bitcoin fork is just a SCAM for now...

Maybe, just maybe, in the future, a Bitcoin fork can be awesome! But not today. This is totally crap.

If you guys want to mining for Solidcoins, well, GO AHEAD!!

The Bitcoin can also be much more improved, much more safer against lose of mining power... We just do not need this feature right now...

I'm with the Bitcoin developers, even if they do not know me, but I'm here, investing in Bitcoins, as much as I can, to improve this currency as a hole, I'll pay for developers, etc... This is just the beginning...
ohforf

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

we are legion

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 11:25:35 PM

This is 100% Bullshit, nothing of that is true at all.
I'm running a 1.04 Solidcoin Program, so i should know.
Dont tell me about "unauthorized sources", in fact you pulled that out of your own ass.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀██████ EAT SLEEP DECENTRALIZE ██████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Detritus

Activity: 295
Merit: 98

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:14:39 AM

Dont tell me about "unauthorized sources", in fact you pulled that out of your own ass.

You should probably read this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
julz
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:23:36 AM

I have to admit, it was the 1000 premined blocks to be inserted in the blockchain that made me twig that it was a joke.
You'd think it would have been "improved troll resilience"!

Scary thing is - the SC dev comes across as so unbalanced that this release notice doesn't seem so 'out there' Tongue

itsagas

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:25:18 AM

[09:23] <@RealSolid> nearly 30000 blocks
[09:23] <@RealSolid> 960000 coins
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:30:28 AM

I have to admit, it was the 1000 premined blocks to be inserted in the blockchain that made me twig that it was a joke.

Scary thing is - the SC dev comes across as so unbalanced that this release notice doesn't seem so 'out there' Tongue

I guess inflating the currency is the only way out? Inserting 1000 blocks? wow!

EDIT: this is much worse than Thomas premining 580k ixcoins. Now after the fact coinhunter/realsolid is going to "premine" blocks and shove them into the block chain thus devaluing current holders of solidcoins? Who gets the 32000 solidcoins? Coinhunter? What's to stop him from dumping that on the exchange to cut his losses as this project spirals down to hell?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:33:44 AM

this is much worse than Thomas premining 580k ixcoins. Now after the fact coinhunter/realsolid is going to "premine" blocks and shove them into the block chain thus devaluing current holders of solidcoins? Who gets the 32000 solidcoins? Coinhunter? What's to stop him from dumping that on the exchange to cut his losses as this project spirals down to hell?

I'd say "the lack of an exchange" but not everyone with a website handling SolidCoins is as smart as doublec. Smiley

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:34:44 AM

I guess inflating the currency is the only way out? Inserting 1000 blocks? wow!

EDIT: this is much worse than Thomas premining 580k ixcoins. Now after the fact coinhunter/realsolid is going to "premine" blocks and shove them into the block chain thus devaluing current holders of solidcoins? Who gets the 32000 solidcoins? Coinhunter? What's to stop him from dumping that on the exchange to cut his losses as this project spirals down to hell?

This is what the future holds for solid coin: Constant updates and constant changes to the project initial design because of poor planning and foresight.

Anyone who decides to stay holding solidcoins after coinhunter shoves 30,000 newly minted coins into the block chain is asking for trouble. Just look at how he has handled himself. Do you still trust he will not be that way when it comes to those extra 30,000 solidcoins?

Think again...

EDIT: On second thought why just 1000 blocks? Why not 10,000 or 100,000 blocks? What is so special about having just another 32,000 solidcoins? Make it 320,000 or more! Since you dont have to mine them just add them into the block chain! WHAT AN IDEA! lol

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

itsagas

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:36:27 AM

960000 coins
Detritus

Activity: 295
Merit: 98

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:41:05 AM

Anyone who decides to stay holding solidcoins after coinhunter shoves 30,000 newly minted coins into the block chain is asking for trouble. Just look at how he has handled himself. Do you still trust he will not be that way when it comes to those extra 30,000 solidcoins?

Think again...

EDIT: On second thought why just 1000 blocks? Why not 10,000 or 100,000 blocks? What is so special about having just another 32,000 solidcoins? Make it 320,000 or more! Since you dont have to mine them just add them into the block chain! WHAT AN IDEA! lol

Which part of "This is fake joke release message" are you not getting?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:42:18 AM

Think again...

Guess it's not my day. LOL good joke!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

julz
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:42:24 AM

I think despite it not being about religion "Poe's law" applies here  Grin

johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:42:31 AM

Think again...

It's so hard to tell, it's written perfectly in CH's tone.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 09:24:45 AM

Sorry if it was not clear to everyone that this was a joke.
I posted this message before the release of 1.04, when Bitparking explained that they had to temporarily close their exchange, and that they were hoping that 1.04 would be released and fix things.

The features I described were a revert to Bitcoin's original design choices (well, the serious ones, of course)
"Satoshi will die!" is NOT a real CoinHunter quote.

wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:34:31 AM

I posted this message before the release of 1.04, when Bitparking explained that they had to temporarily close their exchange, and that they were hoping that 1.04 would be released and fix things.

The features I described were a revert to Bitcoin's original design choices (well, the serious ones, of course)

It was a very good joke, but I'll admit, I was laughing harder at the fact people made their opinions of CoinHunter very clear by completely missing that it was a joke!

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:36:24 AM

It was a very good joke, but I'll admit, I was laughing harder at the fact people made their opinions of CoinHunter very clear by completely missing that it was a joke!

Tongue lol u got me...damn.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: