Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:52:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FZ] Frozen | NoPremine | CPU-Mining | Rare | Fast Transactions  (Read 47831 times)
TheFourthSaint

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:45:15 AM

We're trying to get on cryptsy. I posted another, refreshed, request.

I'm going to see if we can get the coin on reddit via the altcointip bot. I think that would be good for exposure.
trenton81 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:20:21 PM

Hey all,

many thanks for the good words and thank you likewise for your commitment! I think the New Cryptsy Support Request is a good move! (Dear reader: please support Frozen here as well! And: don't miss the Frozen Haiku contest with rewards of 700 Fz!)

FYI, I've just completed the Frozen v1.1.0.8 binary releases with a 32-bit variant: Frozen-Wallet v1.1.0.8 for Linux 32bit.

Many greetings

trenton

FROZEN is coming! Block reward at ~ 7 FZ and quickly falling! - Enjoy the Frozen Poetry from the Haiku contest
trenton81 (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:16:14 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 09:45:11 PM by trenton81

Frozen digest #2

Changes of the initial post:

Other news:
  • coinmarketcap.com has adopted Frozen
  • Some rumors in China claimed that btc38 would adopt Frozen as the next coin. This seems to have boosted the Frozen demand (and price) for about a day, now it's back to normal
  • Beneziva's giveaway thread is closed now (lots of thanks for the sponsoring and maintenance!)
  • TheFourthSaint stocked up the Haiku Contest with 200 Fz from the donation pot, the rewards make now 700 Fz! Don't miss this three-line-poetry!
  • jaybeeuk continues his work on the Frozen Block Explorer
  • The market price is developing quite well, since the last digest Frozen is up about > 50% to about 0.00012 BTC (I ignore the mislead btc38 hype prices). Since QRK is priced at a similar level but with a coin supply of 32 times of Frozen I think it is reasonable to expect further growth

What you can do:

Older digests:

Thanks to all supporters for your committment! It's fun to work with you together!

PS: As I do tend to forget... If I forgot some credits or issues please give me a shout Smiley

FROZEN is coming! Block reward at ~ 7 FZ and quickly falling! - Enjoy the Frozen Poetry from the Haiku contest
KoningKaas

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:49:07 AM

Get free FZ from the Freezer Grin
1st Frozen Faucet!

freezer.kvvs.nl
TheFourthSaint

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:43:02 AM

Get free FZ from the Freezer Grin
1st Frozen Faucet!

freezer.kvvs.nl

Awesome work.

Donated 40 coins to keep the faucet running for a while.
cocoxxx

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:45:37 AM

good coin! good community!!  Kiss

ShareCoin:SV4bDxoaex4DoBxCMfAMbHyxV8hhuSXLBa
dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:45:52 AM

great coin!

Giodark

Activity: 142

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:24:24 AM

hi
sorry for the noob question, but in linux terminal if I digit

minerd -a quark

cpu miner doesn't start

I built it in this way

$ wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpuminer/files/pooler-cpuminer-2.3.2.tar.gz
$ tar xzf pooler-cpuminer-2.3.2.tar.gz
$ cd pooler-cpuminer-2.3.2.tar.gz
$ ./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
$ make

then trayed to start minerd for fz.mine-pool.net
with
./minerd -a quark -t 8 -o http://fz2.mine-pool.net:9372 -u <myFZWallet> -p xxx
but it doesn't work (it says Try `minerd --help' for more information), can you tell me where is the error?

thx
HencHMaN

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:31:21 AM

u need to build specific quarkminer like this
Code:
wget http://stonefoz.myfastmail.com/cpuminer-quark.zip
unzip cpuminer-quark.zip
CFLAGS="-O3 -msse3" ./configure
make
KoningKaas

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:21:28 AM

Check out my guide for help with mining, it's all copy&pasta for the most part:
blog.kvvs.nl/?p=13

And also thanks too everyone that donated too the freezer, this will keep the faucet going for a while!  Kiss

Still 0.1 ~ 0.5 payout for a while at the freezer!

freezer.kvvs.nl
Giodark

Activity: 142

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:10:14 AM

u need to build specific quarkminer like this
Code:
wget http://stonefoz.myfastmail.com/cpuminer-quark.zip
unzip cpuminer-quark.zip
CFLAGS="-O3 -msse3" ./configure
make

thank you very much sir
it works!
xsim27x

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:15:57 PM

Check out my guide for help with mining, it's all copy&pasta for the most part:
blog.kvvs.nl/?p=13

Thanks for that nice guide!
I'm a newbie in mining and wanted to test it when I saw your guide. I did all your steps and it seems that the mining is working. It is running about 4 hours now and I'm using the pool http://fz2.mine-pool.net:9372/static/ - but up to now I haven't received any Frozen when I have a look in my wallet.

Is that normal? How long does it take to get a payout?

Thanks for the help!  Smiley
trenton81 (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:10:09 PM

Hey xsim27x,

in short: I think 4 hours is long enough to expect some amounts in your wallet - please check the number of shares your miner found (see below) and the settings for your payout address.

more details: when a pool finds a valid block it must wait at least until the coin reward from this block is "mature". For Frozen this maturity takes 240 blocks. The average time to mine a block is set to 30 seconds, so the maturity of the coins should take about 2 hours. This would be the minimum waiting time (rule of thumb), depending on the pool it can take longer.

If your miner found some shares and submitted them successfully to the pool you will find log lines like "[2014-01-21 14:39:00] accepted: x/y (99.11%), zz khash/s (yay!!!)". Each of these 'yay!!!' indicates a share. The number of 'yay!!!'s makes an upper estimation for the number of shares for which you will be paid (some may be discarded from the pool because the related blocks were "orphaned").

I'm not really sure, but I think the pool you are using has two disadvantages: you don't see statistics about the number of your shares and you cannot "bundle" your share-payouts into bigger amounts. The latter is becoming quite important, because otherwise you will have to do the "bundling" yourself or can only send very small amounts.

Many greetings

trenton

... it seems that the mining is working. It is running about 4 hours now and I'm using the pool http://fz2.mine-pool.net:9372/static/ - but up to now I haven't received any Frozen when I have a look in my wallet.
Is that normal? How long does it take to get a payout?

xsim27x

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:18:52 PM

If your miner found some shares and submitted them successfully to the pool you will find log lines like "[2014-01-21 14:39:00] accepted: x/y (99.11%), zz khash/s (yay!!!)". Each of these 'yay!!!' indicates a share. The number of 'yay!!!'s makes an upper estimation for the number of shares for which you will be paid (some may be discarded from the pool because the related blocks were "orphaned").

I have checked that and there were several "yay!!"s so that means that I should get some Frozens but I still haven't got any.

My command is as follows:
./minerd -a quark -t 4 -o http://fz2.mine-pool.net:9372 -u <mywalletadress> -p xxx

I'm not really sure, but I think the pool you are using has two disadvantages: you don't see statistics about the number of your shares and you cannot "bundle" your share-payouts into bigger amounts. The latter is becoming quite important, because otherwise you will have to do the "bundling" yourself or can only send very small amounts.

I'm a newbie so I have just choosen the first pool I was able to find. So is there any bether pool to mine Frozen that you can recommend me? As I posted before I'm cloud mining them as KoningKaas describes it in his guide.
trenton81 (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:44:54 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 05:00:07 PM by trenton81

I have checked that and there were several "yay!!"s so that means that I should get some Frozens but I still haven't got any.
I hadn't checked the pools for a while... They developed asymmetrical, so that there is actually one pool dominating the others. This pool will snatch most of the blocks. Practically this means that most of your shares will be lost, because a different pool was winning the blocks for which you were contesting. I'm a bit unhappy to recommend you this biggest pool, because ideally there should be competition among the pools... But with little hash power you have not really an alternative to coinmine.pl. Please use this one and follow its instructions ("Getting started"):

http://www.coinmine.pl/fz/

Just to make it clear: the pool itself is very good and reliable, the user feeleep from bitcointalk has been supporting it very well (many thanks for that!). The source of my unhappyness is simply that I don't like the concentration of the main hash power in a single pool.

Many greetings and good mining!

trenton

PS: You *can* also stay at your or move to a different pool, there is also a benefit to it: *If* the pool finds a block, your share of the block reward will be bigger. You find less often a block and have less constant payouts, but the payouts are bigger.

xsim27x

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:43:54 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 06:09:10 PM by xsim27x

Thanks trenton for your help. So I switched to coinmine.pl now.

The mining is working but I'm not sure if I configured it correctly. My last command I typed in was:
./minerd -a quark -o stratum+tcp://mine2.coinmine.pl:4020 -u Weblogin.Worker -p Worker password

I got this command from the Getting started page at coinmine.pl
Is this the right command to mine Frozen? Or how does the mining process know that I want to mine Frozen? (Sorry if that's a newbie question)

Also in my coinmine.pl account under the section "workers" there is a dark X under "Active" of my worker. Shouldn't the worker be active when I'm using it during my mining process?

EDIT: OK never mind, it's working fine and I even got my first Frozen reward there  Smiley
TheFourthSaint

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:03:48 PM

I have my miners split between two pools. Using coinmine.pl as the main pool and sent some MH/s to smalltimeminers also.

Big pool definitely pays out all the time, but it's small amounts per share.
trenton81 (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:12:24 PM

Or how does the mining process know that I want to mine Frozen?
Hey xsim27x,

the "Getting started" page of coinmine.pl has the authority to say what's right Smiley so I guess it's ok. Frozen is using the hashing algorithms of "quark", that's how minerd knows it. The two main alternatives are "scrypt" for coins using LiteCoin algorithms and sha256 for coins using BitCoin algorithms. If your miner is delivering some shares you should see it in the stats after a while.

If you should have several cores to spend I deem it a good idea to split them amongst different pools, as TFS suggests.

Happy mining!

trenton

PS: the dark "X" at your worker list indicates that the worker is currently not sending shares. It takes a bit of time until the system recognizes it. (Just think of that the system cannot know if your miner is working until it sends 'yeah!!!' shares Smiley

TheFourthSaint

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:12:58 PM

Thanks trenton for your help. So I switched to coinmine.pl now.

The mining is working but I'm not sure if I configured it correctly. My last command I typed in was:
./minerd -a quark -o stratum+tcp://mine2.coinmine.pl:4020 -u Weblogin.Worker -p Worker password

I got this command from the Getting started page at coinmine.pl
Is this the right command to mine Frozen? Or how does the mining process know that I want to mine Frozen? (Sorry if that's a newbie question)

Also in my coinmine.pl account under the section "workers" there is a dark X under "Active" of my worker. Shouldn't the worker be active when I'm using it during my mining process?

-u Weblogin.Worker -p Worker password

Those should be YOUR workers. Under the worker tab, you can create worker names. I would do name my workers: 1, 2, 3, etc. with a password like x. so the string would look like:

./minerd -a quark -o stratum+tcp://mine2.coinmine.pl:4020 -u TheFourthSaint.1 -p x

Does that make sense?

Edit: Just saw you got it working. Ignore the above Smiley
ManOfKnight

Activity: 243

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:33:16 PM

Don't understand why this coin isn't more popular.  It had a great launch, no premine, and extremely limited on coins.  Right now it is extremely well priced .00013BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: