Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:02:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin part of the coming mark of the beast?  (Read 7454 times)
BitcoinSteve (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:11:52 PM

Right hand or forehead?  BTC symbol?

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:12:38 PM

This is the bitcoin discussion forum, not the fantasy forum.

BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:23:32 PM

This is the bitcoin discussion forum, not the fantasy forum.

I am discussing bitcoin..

Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 11:42:24 PM

I'm sorry, Steve - you must have thought this is the Bronze Age Cult forum. Check to make sure didn't mix up your bookmarks.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 11:50:23 PM

Wrong forum

LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 11:51:43 PM

I'm sorry, Steve - you must have thought this is the Bronze Age Cult forum. Check to make sure didn't mix up your bookmarks.

Ah, not so fast there..................................................

I do not care if it rains or freezes:

https://myspace.com/thefishheads/music/song/plastic-jesus-22696809-22497994

Better to be safe than sorry!

Turn up your speakers!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:01:05 AM

See here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211865.0

already discussed.

Also fantasy and Sci-Fi belongs into Off-Topic

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:18:12 AM

already discussed.

Thanks but the Bible is the most sold NONFICTION book ever, wow with all the haters maybe I am on to something.. weird..

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:19:42 AM

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 01:19:45 AM

lmfao I read that in the special doge voice and sarcastic voice. it cracked me up.
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:27:14 AM

Perhaps.  I think that because of the anonymity of BTC governments may run into problems taxing the use of it and therefore some ruler (aka anti-christ) will come up with the brilliant "solution" and require all people on earth to have a tattoo on their hand or forehead so that the buying and selling of all goods can be traced and taxed.  I guess some will say that the good news is that there will finally be a "flat tax" in place! The bad news is that this ruler, as the Bible foretells, will say he is all for "peace" and the good of humanity but he will wage a war on Christians.  Of course much of the world will rejoice in this, as they already do when Christians are "put in their place."  It is just the spirit of the anti-christ that is already at work among us.

As a Christian I am not afraid of BTC and think it is wise to have to have some.  Of course I will never take a mark on my hand to buy and sell.  They will have to kill me first.  But I do value the anonymity.  It could be valuable someday.

Also, I am pretty sure it will be a bar-code.  Almost all nations already have scanners in place that can read bar codes.  All bar-codes have a "666" hidden in them in that there are identical lines in the front, middle and end without a "number" on them but they coincide with what a "6" looks like.  Just google bar-code 666 and you can research this.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:29:38 AM

Children's fairy tales should be in "off topic"

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:37:17 AM

Children's fairy tales should be in "off topic"
People are willing to die for this "fairy tale" as you call it. 

This true story of a persecuted girl really humbled me:

16 years old, Asia 1970s – The Communist soldiers had discovered their illegal bible study. As the Pastor was reading from the bible, men with guns suddenly broke into the home, terrorizing the believers who had gathered to worship. They shouted insults and threatened to kill the Christians. The leading officer pointed his gun at the pastor’s head. “Hand me your bible” he demanded. Reluctantly the pastor handed over his bible, his prized possession. With a sneer on his face, the guard threw the bible to the floor. He glared at the small congregation. “We will let you go” he growled, “but first you must spit on this book of lies. Anyone who refuses will be shot.” The believers had no choice but to obey the officer’s order. A soldier pointed his gun at one of the men. “You first”. The man slowly got up and knelt down by the Bible. Reluctantly, he spat on it, praying, “Father, please forgive me.” He stood up and walked to the door. The soldiers stood back and allowed him to leave. “Okay, you!” the soldier said, nudging a woman forward. In tears, she could barely do what he demanded. She spat only a little, but it was enough. She too was allowed to leave. Quietly a young girl came forward. Overcome with love for her Lord, she knelt down and picked up the bible. She wiped off the spit with her dress. “What have they done to your Word? Please forgive them,” she prayed. The Communist soldier put his pistol to her head and pulled the trigger

If the Bible is not true why would anyone be willing to give their life up because of it!?  See: http://www.historymakers.info/inspirational-christians/jesus-freaks.html

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:45:33 AM

already discussed.

Thanks but the Bible is the most sold NONFICTION book ever, wow with all the haters maybe I am on to something.. weird..

Uh... No.

The most sold (factual) book ever is a Chinese dictionary, not the Bible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_books

The Bible, the Qur'an and Quotations from Chairman Mao are widely reported as some of the most printed and also some of the most distributed books worldwide, with hundreds of millions of copies of each of them believed to be in existence. Exact print figures for some such books may also be missing or unreliable since these kinds of books may be produced by many different and unrelated publishers, in some cases over many centuries.

(...)

So, please, next time think before to post anything in this section. This is not a place to discuss your religion of choice.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:58:16 AM

Also, I am pretty sure it will be a bar-code.  Almost all nations already have scanners in place that can read bar codes.  All bar-codes have a "666" hidden in them in that there are identical lines in the front, middle and end without a "number" on them but they coincide with what a "6" looks like.  Just google bar-code 666 and you can research this.

Nope, there is no hidden numbers in a bar code. Stop the spread of misinformation, please.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:09:22 AM

If the Bible is not true why would anyone be willing to give their life up because of it!?  See: http://www.historymakers.info/inspirational-christians/jesus-freaks.html

What happened to the girl is of course horrible, a crime, a war crime. The tapestry of human history is soaked in blood and there are countless examples of such events. Yet, none of that history is relevant here.

Also, I am pretty sure it will be a bar-code.  Almost all nations already have scanners in place that can read bar codes.  All bar-codes have a "666" hidden in them in that there are identical lines in the front, middle and end without a "number" on them but they coincide with what a "6" looks like.  Just google bar-code 666 and you can research this.

Nope, there is no hidden numbers in a bar code. Stop the spread of misinformation, please.

Likewise. BitChick, I share your enthusiasm about Bitcoin, but please stop with such interpretations.

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 03:39:37 AM

BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:50:12 AM

Perhaps.  I think that because of the anonymity of BTC governments may run into problems taxing the use of it and therefore some ruler (aka anti-christ) will come up with the brilliant "solution" and require all people on earth to have a tattoo on their hand or forehead so that the buying and selling of all goods can be traced and taxed.  I guess some will say that the good news is that there will finally be a "flat tax" in place! The bad news is that this ruler, as the Bible foretells, will say he is all for "peace" and the good of humanity but he will wage a war on Christians.  Of course much of the world will rejoice in this, as they already do when Christians are "put in their place."  It is just the spirit of the anti-christ that is already at work among us.

As a Christian I am not afraid of BTC and think it is wise to have to have some.  Of course I will never take a mark on my hand to buy and sell.  They will have to kill me first.  But I do value the anonymity.  It could be valuable someday.

You are awesome! AMEN!

Frost000

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:56:40 AM

already discussed.

I hate to be the anti-religious ass around here, but I had to snicker at that comment.

In any case, if Bitcoin interferes with your religious views, your best bet is to stay away from it.
Interized

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Coolness: ∞

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:57:12 AM

Also, I am pretty sure it will be a bar-code.  Almost all nations already have scanners in place that can read bar codes.  All bar-codes have a "666" hidden in them in that there are identical lines in the front, middle and end without a "number" on them but they coincide with what a "6" looks like.  Just google bar-code 666 and you can research this.

You are awesome! AMEN!

Bitcoin isn't anonymous.

Governments WILL force Bitcoin users to "register" the Bitcoin addresses they use.

Any Bitcoin addresses not registered will be monitored and probably traced to the source.

You can call it mark of the beast, I call it security.

Also, the bible has been translated too many times for it to have ANY credibility what so ever.

Anyone who "believes in" stuff in the bible hasn't done any proper research on how it came into existence.

Gold isn't the answer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: