Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:25:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Aliexpress - Deal or no Deal?  (Read 4474 times)
railzand (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:23:20 AM

Some of their stuff looks too good to be true. The rest is as overpriced as everywhere else.

Very few of the sellers have any feedback.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Perfect-200gh-s-bitcoin-miner/1606285868.html

What could go wrong if I ordered this?

I know there's a recent thread that turned out to be about aliexpress, but I'd like to invite more views, please.

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:31:13 AM

Some of their stuff looks too good to be true. The rest is as overpriced as everywhere else.

I know there's a recent thread that turned out to be about aliexpress, but I'd like to invite more views, please.

If it looks too good to be true, then .... of course it is Smiley
estebanrules

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 05:52:33 AM

What I will say is that I've bought over 50 items (boards, circuits, sensors, etc.) from aliexpress in the last year and the items have always arrived here (eventually...shipping is slow as hell) and the items all worked.

Having said that, I've bought over 50 items...and never spent more than $15 on a single item.  Do I trust them for cheap sensors, breakouts and boards?  Yes.  Would I buy a Miner from them?  Not a chance in hell.
machinationus

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:11:18 AM

I got one a week ago and it still working at 110 GH/s I still paid too much for it with shipping ~2800
I see he lowered the price since, the Antminers are there also, one was shipped in 3 days, still waiting..

You got to Really be careful that the wireless Spy's will email you wanting WU, and a fake sellers! At very low prices.
Not to worry as you should use a CC never WU. At least till trust is up.
They must have unprotected wireless networks.. I found at least 3 good sellers, Just check out the reviews like a investigator,
and look at the scam list sites, I found two fake sellers that way. And always use AliExpress for messages.
Be very careful, good luck. 

lithod02

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:16:54 AM

Got a friend that just oredered one of these. hrmm
lithod02

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:19:20 AM

oh and only 100 GH/s of the advertised 200 wtf? can it not be overclocked?
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:27:41 AM

hmmm you have a fair bit of protection.. alibaba, paypal / visa
just be a hassle an wait to have to get the money back if it doesnt go well.

i'd probs use paypal via visa.. i imagine visa will be more willing to help than paypal is, if alibaba said the vendor can keep $$ ??

rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:31:47 AM

Your friend only got 100g? Hope the others who bought get their 200g
lithod02

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:42:50 AM

he paid with a cc that has protection, hope he gets it. if it is legit i will order a few. if not he will be fighting for a return till this time next  year
vual

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:46:41 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 09:00:57 AM by vual

dont pay with moneygram or bitcoin, friendly warning now. All those venders are fake, only reputable source is SinoSigma.
this is how it will go down: You will pay moneygram or bitcoin , wait 5 days and get a box of empty Avalon boards.... why, because this happened to me.
Yep pritty fucken depressing to loose 2.5k with the snap of a finger, take my advice any only pay with paypal and escrow!

edit seems that is 500$ lol ofc its a scam, i paid 2.5k and had that stolen.... you think they will send you a miner for 500$?
railzand (OP)

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:15:43 AM

dont pay with moneygram or bitcoin, friendly warning now. All those venders are fake, only reputable source is SinoSigma.
this is how it will go down: You will pay moneygram or bitcoin , wait 5 days and get a box of empty Avalon boards.... why, because this happened to me.
Yep pritty fucken depressing to loose 2.5k with the snap of a finger, take my advice any only pay with paypal and escrow!

wow so some of his photos are exactly the same as the ones in your group buy. no one gets my bitcoin nowadays not ever, don't worry.

i didnt even notice they did paypal. i saw visa and low low prices and thought it's worth looking at closer. theres an escrow option too i think

@machinationus i love your idea of detective work. yes theres one seller with one russian stooge who gives 5 stars on all products and no other feedback

@rext yer there are 100g machines there too. there are cubes there from 80-1200 dollars too! some are silver whats that about?

thanks to everyone else for your replies

aliexpress looks like a real minefield, makes this forum seem safe, which of course it isnt. im must admit im still tempted...

must dash, but will pull on my deerstalker tonight and resume 'investigation'

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:03:02 PM

edit seems that is 500$ lol ofc its a scam, i paid 2.5k and had that stolen.... you think they will send you a miner for 500$?

Alternative to credit card / paypal is bitcoin with escrow of course Smiley
tommy87

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:59:42 PM

Seems really suspicious..
CobaltPH

Activity: 221
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 05:46:24 PM

Take in consideration that AliExpress "grants" itself an Escrow service for money (not btc, witch aren't even allowed as a medium of payment over there so paying in bitcoin equals to buying from someone in this forum without escrow, you would have no protection at all).

BTW i bought two cheap fake miners yesterday while drunk, then had a strong and logically motivated remorse and this morning i claimed mastercard asking for chargeback because of "mistakenly hitting the buy button" (it is in the list of allowed motivations for asking a chargeback)

miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:06:09 PM

BTW i bought two cheap fake miners yesterday while drunk, then had a strong and logically motivated remorse and this morning i claimed mastercard asking for chargeback because of "mistakenly hitting the buy button" (it is in the list of allowed motivations for asking a chargeback)

lol

imo - you have to do some DD... a lot of the "too good to be true" sellers have pictures watermarked from other people's stores... compare the "store number" on the pics to the actual store number of the user..

Some will even post fake pictures of feedback... if someone has zero feedback, that is a red flag.. esp if the price is super low.

I've also noticed sellers will also bump up the "weight" on a product to collect even more for "shipping and handling"...

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
railzand (OP)

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:30:37 PM

thanks eveyone for the input.

I heard that the guy in the op has been removed from aliexpress for improper trading

What I will say is that I've bought over 50 items (boards, circuits, sensors, etc.) from aliexpress in the last year and the items have always arrived here (eventually...shipping is slow as hell) and the items all worked.

Having said that, I've bought over 50 items...and never spent more than $15 on a single item.  Do I trust them for cheap sensors, breakouts and boards?  Yes.  Would I buy a Miner from them?  Not a chance in hell.

I think this is how I would roll now with aliexpress, it's a bit safe, but I'm mean anyway.

Let's just hope sushi comes back from China with something hot.

threaded

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:56:11 AM

Some on this forum go further than me and suggest there exists at least one proper seller on AliExpress.

Judging by the number of relatives and friends of friends that come to me with tales of woe about AliExpress I might suggest the forum posters are exaggerating the numbers somewhat.  Cheesy

If you want to get your money back it is at least 60 days and a scam seller is able to alter how much you can reclaim.  Hence the chances of getting all your money back are slim to non-existent.

(I stand to be corrected as to how one gets all ones money back.  I've not managed it yet when asked to help by numerous people.)
railzand (OP)

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:38:14 AM

Guilty as charged. I did briefly suggest there was one good seller. Then I was reminded rather hotly that some of their shipments had disappeared for two days in France then turned up replaced by bottles of water.

In future, I'm sticking with Unicron or that Essex girl, Rebecca.

newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 07:39:39 AM

don't bother, aliexpress is a waste of time.

All the miners listed with low prices are scams, seller will give you fake china post tracking #, hoping you don't file claim/chargeback within the 30 days before aliexperess give them fund.

The legit sellers sell them way overpriced.

No free lunch.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:24:04 AM

So, really, AliExpress is exactly the same as eBay then? 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: