Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:45:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Andreas M. Antonopoulos - LA Bitcoin Meetup Video  (Read 1466 times)
pmelt (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 02:58:31 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 06:35:13 PM by pmelt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTPQKyAq-DM

I recorded the following at a talk by Andreas M. Antonopoulos to the Los Angeles Bitcoin Meetup on January 9, 2014 at CoLoft in Santa Monica.

Thanks to everyone in attendance, and CoLoft for hosting the event.

The audio for this session will be on the podcast feed at www.coinsiderthis.com! Please subscribe on iTunes if you enjoy this content.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:17:20 AM

Are you talking in the intro?

Always love hearing Andreas... he's freaking smart

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:06:31 AM

Are you talking in the intro?

Always love hearing Andreas... he's freaking smart

He's not just smart, he actually knows what Bitcoin is and is not. That puts him ahead of about 70% of the people on this forum, business operators included.

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:19:04 AM

Andreas is the voice of Bitcoin.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 01:37:51 PM

thanks. like it!

2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 01:39:50 PM

Maybe he is Satoshi!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
cryptozark

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrency is my new obsession

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

I was there and it was a really amazing talk.  He had just recently given talks in Argentina (where Bitcoin is more revolutionary in terms of the political and economic freedom it can provide) and Las Vegas (where most people were more business-minded and wanting to know more about how bitcoin can be co-opted by the government and fit into regulatory frameworks) so it was great to hear the energy in his talk.  It seemed as though his two wildly-divergent recent experiences made him emphasize just how important it is that North Americans really understand that Bitcoin is so much more than just a currency.

It was also my first Bitcoin meetup and I recommend that everyone attend local events.  It was reinvigorating and inspirational to be surrounded by people who not only "get it," but are making moves in terms of spreading Bitcoin adoption.  Plus, sharing knowledge over the internet is fun and all, but so much more enjoyable over a few drinks  Grin

Current loving EAC: ejSN43uVk4Rw4u4Etcw4RvR8mN3Rn2LPfm
michellj

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:02:43 PM

Absolutely amazing video - thanks for posting.

I'm giving a Bitcoin presentation in UK on 25th and lead in with this stuff.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:57:10 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 01:15:31 AM by TheButterZone

All OPs links are stripped out now, ABP and RequestPolicy are disabled.

Alt topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412403.0

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Alonzo Ewing
Legendary

Activity: 1040
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:48:53 AM

Good talk, but the part about Western Union and the like being "evil" and "stealing" people's money is ludicrous.
pmelt (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 06:36:59 PM

Can someone please explain why you've stripped out my links and it's ok to make another thread where someone else links to the video that I produced and posted? I'm lost with the rules here. I posted a T-Shirt contest where I'm giving away 1BTC and someone moved it to "Gambling".

I want to be a part of this community and to keep bringing content here but it's frustrating to keep getting slapped on the hand and then having moderation imposed on me without it being explained at all.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:56:16 PM

Can someone please explain why you've stripped out my links and it's ok to make another thread where someone else links to the video that I produced and posted? I'm lost with the rules here. I posted a T-Shirt contest where I'm giving away 1BTC and someone moved it to "Gambling".

I want to be a part of this community and to keep bringing content here but it's frustrating to keep getting slapped on the hand and then having moderation imposed on me without it being explained at all.

Oh, don't feel bad. This community has a rich history of ridiculing and abusing newcomers. It doesn't matter if you're 45 years old with three advanced degrees when you come here. Once you register at this forum you're an infant again and will be treated as such.

sebdude420

Activity: 397
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 08:41:59 PM

Good video enjoying watching it now.

OG Bitcoin Miner turned Proof of Stake Validator.
Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
pmelt (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 09:00:45 PM

Oh, don't feel bad. This community has a rich history of ridiculing and abusing newcomers. It doesn't matter if you're 45 years old with three advanced degrees when you come here. Once you register at this forum you're an infant again and will be treated as such.

It sucks. I'm just trying to provide the community with resources.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:08:36 PM

I know. Don't let that discourage you. Many good people have been chased away from this forum by the self righteous fraternity elitist mentality. It's too bad that there are a few mods that fit into that category. There are still many of us that read posts and take them at face value.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:47:01 PM

Personally after reading this
... Please subscribe on iTunes if you enjoy this content. ...
after moderation, I must say that I am not surprised at all why your post was moderated. Apple has a long history of censoring Bitcoin and at a very fundamental level Apple's business model for IOS is fundamentally incompatible with Bitcoin. Personally I would not allow a single satoshi that I own anywhere near an iPhone, iPad or other IOS device; however there are other members of this community that use IOS with their Bticoins. 

By the way I really enjoyed the Andreas M. Antonopoulos  - LA Bitcoin Meetup Video on GNU/Linux (Ubuntu).

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 10:30:09 PM

thanks for that Smiley

Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:29:15 AM

This is not the right sub for that. Please post all of your complaints in the meta sub
It will be investigated closely by defendants of liberty to express, there.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
pmelt (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 06:21:43 PM

Oh really? So if you mention Apple, your post gets censored here? Real logical.

I am posting a new 2 hour q&a with Andrea on youtube/my podcast feed in minutes if anyone cares. Andreas visited my studio last week, and we took calls and questions from reddit. God knows the thread I make about it here will be deleted or edited.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:06:02 PM

Oh really? So if you mention Apple, your post gets censored here? Real logical.

I am posting a new 2 hour q&a with Andrea on youtube/my podcast feed in minutes if anyone cares. Andreas visited my studio last week, and we took calls and questions from reddit. God knows the thread I make about it here will be deleted or edited.

Yeah, the mentality is childish. Major corporations that don't accept Bitcoin as their lord and savior are banished from this forum. These people would have us all close our bank accounts because they don't accept btc for direct deposit.

Can you link to the reddit thread and your youtube/my podcast feed here. Just in case you stop posting here for some reason I'd like to know where to get the updates.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: