Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:11:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt full feature clients - progress tracking thread  (Read 12377 times)
fmiboy

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:43:58 PM

No way to assess a client, no matter how advanced and full functional it might be, unless it is OPEN SOURCED!

That ~48K prize should be awarded to a client the open source code of which has been audited prior to deadline. So I ask all the client developers who already released their clients, even an initial version, to present the code resource, so it could be verified before any serious using..

While I already paid 100K to wesleigh and 100K to nexern for their effort, but if their coming client also support Windows OS as well, they can also be considered for that 48K prize competition.

But again, only open sourced clients gentlemen, no way to risk 1M of Nxt balance by using a closed source one!

ClieNxt is an open-source and one can download full project https://bitbucket.org/fmiboy/clienxt/src and add their ideas to it... It is fairly simple, GUI runs NRS and all other actions performed with API calls, nothing is saved locally (only account numbers and latest balances from table in Unlock window)

Need more testers from different OS (Windows - works, Mac/Linux - fixed some bugs in latest update, need more feedback)
marcus03

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:22:03 PM

Hello client guys,
I am sorry for this rude question, but just for the printed marketing reasons,

Q:

When would my mum (ok, maybe dad) be able to (download,) install and use Nxt (with your client) without me telling her anything? +- 3 weeks? Cheesy

- in one month?
- in 2 months?
- in 3 months?

thank you Smiley

2 months.
marcus03

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:25:37 PM

No way to assess a client, no matter how advanced and full functional it might be, unless it is OPEN SOURCED!

That ~48K prize should be awarded to a client the open source code of which has been audited prior to deadline. So I ask all the client developers who already released their clients, even an initial version, to present the code resource, so it could be verified before any serious using..

While I already paid 100K to wesleigh and 100K to nexern for their previous efforts, but if their coming clients support Windows OS as well, they can also be considered for that 48K prize competition.

But again, only open sourced clients gentlemen, no way to risk 1M of Nxt balance by using a closed source one!

Nothing good is gained by putting time pressure on devs.

I prefer publishing a stable and good client and miss the bounty deadline.
bybitcoin

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:18:42 PM

While I already paid 100K to wesleigh and 100K to nexern for their previous efforts, but if their coming clients support Windows OS as well, they can also be considered for that 48K prize competition.

Okay you can go that way, I didn't know asking for open source is putting pressure!
marcus03

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:35:51 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 07:05:58 AM by marcus03

Okay you can go that way, I didn't know asking for open source is putting pressure!

Oh, the open source part was crystal clear already. I meant throwing in the additional requirement that the auditing had to be finished before the deadline. (How would you want to measure that anyway?)

Have a little trust in devs and the community. Any open-source client that will have a significant adoption will have its code reviewed sooner or later.

EDIT: IMHO, it would be better for the overall outcome (client quality, number of entries) to stick to the initial requirement of open source client as of March 1st and simply not transfer the money to the winner until the code was reviewed.
bybitcoin

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:41:04 PM

Oh, the open source part was crystal clear already. I meant throwing in the additional requirement that the auditing had to be finished before the deadline. (How would you want to measure that anyway?)

Have a little trust in devs and the community. Any open-source client that will have a significant adoption will have its code reviewed sooner or later.

EDIT: IMHO, it would be better for the overall outcome (client quality, number of entries) to stick to the initial requirement of open source client as of March 1st and simply not transfer the money to the winner until the code was reviewed.
I said to publish the open source of each released version, no matter how initial it is. But yes you are right, maybe I put the deadline stuff wrongly near the auditing term. A code can be reviewed several times and in between could be changed and then become reviewed again and again..
But you are wrong, no way to distrust you wonderful dev guys, all I say is that having the codes published make one feel safer to use the client (maybe it is a myth but already a part of the open source culture).
I ask again all the devs to publish the codes of each of their release versions as soon as it is available to use (or max. a week later than that in most cases).
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:38:03 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 02:34:50 PM by l8orre

Hey DEVs and NXT'ers - I have a few thoughts and topics about my NRS API implementation.

Needed to sort and structure my thoughts, and thought this might be nice to ask for some input.  

As of now, I have an industrial-strength implementation of the nxt client-side API.
In fact, I have been busting my ass and putting in insane hours over the last couple of weeks.

This may have the potential to become the standard nxt api client side -
but I am a bit at a loss on the modalities of how to release or market it.

I'll just drop some detail:

- uses python3
- needs libs: PyQt4, requests, json, pyqtgraph, (scipy for the algo class)
- window widget layouts are made with qtdesigner  
- uses multiple windows - more can easliy be added.
- uses PyQt4 signals and slots to bounce around signals
- there is a nxtApiSigs class, that does the actual communication with the NRS, but should not be accessed from the client windows (although no one is stopping you from doing so - pythonic!)
- there is a nxtApiBroker class, that implements the clients use case logic by composing the compound api requests.
  The nxtApiBroker then send the requests to the nxtApiSigs class. The nxtApiBroker also receives the replies that the nxtApiSigs class fetches from the NRS backend.
- the nxtApiBroker has signals that it can send to any number of widgets on multiple windows.
- feeding a widget with a signal from the backend is done in the windowcontrol.
- a signal that returns from the api can be fed into as many widgets as desired - e.g. the 'getBalance' can be sent to multipe widgets simultaneously, also on multiple windows.
- so far pretty standard MVC stuff - only that PyQT4 Sigs&Slots are brutally versatile
- NRS polling can be done with adjustable QTimers - but: it can also be hooked up to external events like a listener that listens to messages from elsewhere and then takes action
- There is a plugin for an 'Algo' class that can be used to analyze data and issue action signals (e.g. buy/sell)
- it uses scipy. scipy is THE scientific computation library. everything alse is ashes. mat***, MAT***, R, math***, MAP***,  - dust.
  Honestly: it seems totally inconceivable to me how anything remotely concerned with any kind of data analysis could with a straight face NOT use a scientific library with some kind of an array class!
- adding new API calls is a piece of cake: when 'getAccount' was added, I had it plugged in in less than one hour.
- python can also control a jvm, i.e. NRS can be included in the client!
My problem: This seems to be a carrier class api implementation I have there - alas, it is too unwieldy to become a 'full feature' client quickly, let alone being foolproof.

I think I will be able to produce a 'thin feature client' within the next two weeks, but I am hesitant to compete in the arena of 'full feature clients', because my perspective and focus are different.
I could spend the next four weeks putting on pink gloss and eyecandy - but I am not experirenced in this, and I don't have the time. And also - why waste effort by trying to put a third full feautre client in line with the already existing projects (nexern and marcus03')?  

On the other hand: The community can pick this up and develop client functionality - because it is not fucking C# or Delphi, but plain python, that anyone can pick up and amend extremely quickly.

What can I do?

- quickly put on a skeleton functionality to convince the community of the scalability and performance of the api. - Or will this be trollbait for the usual gollumssessesses ?
- hold it back and try to implement DACs and SMS gateway
- 'InsideBitcoin' will be in Berlin in two weeks. I'll work hard to get a demonstrator ready to show around there.
- guess I'll put in threading for upcoming increase in MSGs ...

BTW: under what licence are we supposed to publish our things Huh MIT licence? Just paste it on top of every file and it is done???  Or rather GPLv3?

update: got the mechanism for threaded NRS requets implemented.

Got into a really nasty catfight with QThreading and the Documentation.
Did you know: It is a total bitch, hopefully the Qt people keep working on this!

Zahlen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:21:21 PM

Hey guys  Smiley Just a suggestion about password security. In addition to whatever safeguards you guys are including in the clients, you might also wish to put a link to our wiki's How to Generate a Strong Password page. Maybe next to the form fields where users first determine their PW.

l8orre
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:44:38 PM

apiBroker_catches_getState_and_peels_out_single_data_entries

apiBroker_catches_sigs_from_windows_and_sends_down_to_api

apiBroker_catches_the_sigs_returning_fromthe_Api_backend

apiCall_Slots_to_Threads

apiCtrl

slots_and_sig_register_in_api_backend

thread_andThreadPool

windowControl_APIACCESS_has_a_button_for_each_API_call

I would call the status an early beta - the Backend is rock solid, powerful facilities for  client logic are built into the nxtApiBroker class. So slapping some use case functionality onto it will be easier part of it.
Another important point of course is that it is 100% opensource..

In terms of AE on Feb7 - I cannot make any promises, but we'll see. Actually, I'd be more comfortable to start the AE tesing on the 9th

What license is it supposed to be released under? GPLv3 Huh Can somebody post me a link??

marcus03

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:50:48 PM

Here is version 1.6 of my Windows NXT client "NXT Solaris". Still closed-source, but I am getting at it... :-)

The future open-source client is still missing the market graphs and all data grids show raw data only. I still need to finish the GUI design here.

Changelog
Changed for v1.6:
-Two versions are now included: closed and (future) open source version (open source code to be released until February 16th, 2014)
-Starter application lets you choose between open and closed source version
-NRS and JRE are now bundled with NXT Solaris. One download to get up and running.
-Updated Vircurex API address
-Removed NxtChg.com exchange
-Random secrets are now 25 characters long to make the keypass password quality display happy (it doesn’t know the size of the alphabet)
-A couple of bug fixes

Download
64-bit Version: NXTSolaris-v1.6-64bit.zip (132 MB) – Download here
SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris-v1.6-64bit.zip: F509E1EABD75A579E5C1238A64C32C0240FB3AC6DD933488F501E3949F6DAF6A

32-bit Version: NXTSolaris-v1.6-32bit.zip (128 MB) – Download here
SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris-v1.6-32bit.zip: 3ADD9268CECD5EF9479E26BDD35C9EDC002AFA785A646F5BA44E3D77E3993BB3

For screenshots and everything else please visit: http://nxtsolaris.wordpress.com/

Installation
Simply unzip the archive and run the NXTSolarisStarter.exe file.

The current version 1.6 is not compatible with previous versions, so please delete any existing NXT Solaris files before updating to 1.6.

Roadmap
1.) Move current version of my code to XE5 and release closed source 32-bit and 64-bit versions for Windows. [DONE]
2.) Refactor code to a MVC architecture, so that I can create separate GUIs while using the same version of the business logic code. [DONE]
3.) Create new GUIs for Windows and OS X using the same business logic, but based on the cross-platform Firemonkey libraries. [90% DONE]
4.) Release Windows version (32 and 64 bit) based on FireMonkey. [DONE]
5.) Release source-code for FireMonkey Windows version (February 16th, 2014 latest)
6.) Implement new features from the TODO list
7.) OSX compatibility changes
8.) Release OSX version based on FireMonkey.
9.) Release source code for FireMonkey OSX version.

TODO list
-OS version: Design all data grids
-OS version: Market graph
-Offer a simple and advanced GUI, with the simple GUI targeted at new users
-Implement client side Curve25519 encryption/signing
-Arbitrary message encryption

Donations
I hope you like my client and I’d be extremely happy to see some donations for the future of this project!

NXT: 1758531264253431177
l8orre
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:16:54 PM

nxTrader - I am quite happy, this is a real app now!

looks bare metal, and still is - but getting more functionality in is getting much easier now

fmiboy

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:37:17 PM

UPDATE: ClieNXT gui

Changelog: 0.0.4 [codename] easy click

* 1-Click usage, simple download https://bitbucket.org/fmiboy/clienxt/downloads/clienxt_004.zip and unzip, double click clienxt.jar
   (gui now downloads and unzips latest 0.6.1 version of NRS, detects if you placed nxt in lib folder if not, it will offer easy download and unzip. working to automate this to get latest update when available)

* added context menu for console (restart/stop server, remove/rename *.nxt files)
  (when get errors, simple restart, or rename blocks and transactions with back up)

* simple search of aliases, assets

* RUSSIAN language (non native speaker)
  (Russian speaking guys can now use gui easily, nb: Asset Exchange is not yet released)

* designed and implemented available APIs of Asset Exchange

-------------
Request features and report the bugs here, please: https://bitbucket.org/fmiboy/clienxt/issues?status=new&status=open

any support is appreciated! welcoming translators...

edit: after 0.7.0 rename/remove *.nxt files feature will be removed

some screenshots:

bybitcoin

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:21:02 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 12:36:29 AM by bybitcoin

Any update about nexern's client?
marcus03

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:32:17 PM

Here is version 1.7 of my Windows NXT client "NXT Solaris".

The (future) open-source version now has the everything implemented that the closed-source version has (except for the blockchain explorer which won't be available in the open-source version).

Changelog
Changed for v1.7
-OS version: Designed data grids
-OS version: Added market graphs
-OS version: Added visual styles (not persistent between application starts yet)
-NRS 0.7.2 is now included

Download
64-bit Version: NXTSolaris-v1.7-64bit.zip (108 MB) – Download here
SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris-v1.7-64bit.zip: F85AB521CD5A00C40BDC6280A6DF943DC5A0DD930D48F610DE44970ADA8BB62F

32-bit Version: NXTSolaris-v1.7-32bit.zip (104 MB) – Download here
SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris-v1.7-32bit.zip: 480F90CBCFE3FA3FE8FA68FC9087FAF817BDAF637C23544881BEAE6490600F66

Screenshot
In the open-source version you can now select different visual styles, so the personal account management now can look like this:

The visual styles available still need a bit of tweaking.

For more screenshots and everything else please visit: http://nxtsolaris.wordpress.com/

Installation

The current version 1.7 is compatible with the previous version 1.6, but not compatible with version 1.5 and before.

If you are updating from version 1.6 simply replace all files with the files in the version 1.7 zip archive.

Roadmap
1.) Move current version of my code to XE5 and release closed source 32-bit and 64-bit versions for Windows. [DONE]
2.) Refactor code to a MVC architecture, so that I can create separate GUIs while using the same version of the business logic code. [DONE]
3.) Create new GUIs for Windows and OS X using the same business logic, but based on the cross-platform Firemonkey libraries. [DONE]
5.) Implement new features from the TODO list
6.) Release source-code for FireMonkey Windows version (February 16th, 2014 latest)
7.) Implement new features from the TODO list
8.) OSX compatibility changes
9.) Release OSX version based on FireMonkey.
10.) Release source code for FireMonkey OSX version.

TODO list
-Asset exchange support

Donations
I hope you like my client and I’d be extremely happy to see some donations for the future of this project!

Zahlen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:49:50 AM

That looks really sexy Marcus! +1 for having simple and advanced GUIs.

fmiboy

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:32:20 PM

update of Clienxt GUI...

UPDATE: ClieNXT GUI

version 0.0.5 [code name] AE testnet

* this version solely works with testnet server http://holms.cloudapp.net:6874/
* Asset Exchange window has major features

------
Download
------
https://bitbucket.org/fmiboy/clienxt/downloads/clienxt_005.zip

------
Usage
------

* Windows users unzip the archive and run Clienxt.jar file
* Linux users unzip the archive and run in terminal ./clienxt.run
* Mac users unzip the archive and run in terminal ./clienxt.run (not tested, working on creating *.app file or *.pkg installer)

* Languages English, Russian only Asset Exchange window translations are missing.

NB: don't use your own accounts on "testnet"

click Unlock button to open new or existing accounts on "testnet" (unlock and watch if you have more accounts)
go to Asset Exchange window and start Trading

------
Screenshots
------
All available Assets

Issue Asset (fill all fields and Issue Asset, min. fee 1000)

Transfer Asset (select account that is added in Unlock window, it will detect all available Assets with their amount, fill rest fields and Transfer Asset)

My orders (all Ask and Bid orders for selected account)

Context menu (select any Asset and right click)

View Open orders (for selected Asset)

Place Order (ask or bid order for selected Asset, enter price 100 that will be considered 1, minimum price is 100)

Cancel Order (in My orders, you can select your order and right click to cancel order)

Cancel order window (requires only secret Phrase of account that placed same order)

Trade history (history of all trades for selected Asset)

Please report bugs or feature request here: https://bitbucket.org/fmiboy/clienxt/issues?status=new&status=open
Once client is tested, we can use it tomorrow without an issue!
Translators are very much welcome! The more languages we have the more people test Asset Exchange tomorrow.

Translators can find word list in Bundle.Properties (everything right side of "=" needs translation) here: https://bitbucket.org/fmiboy/clienxt/src/0a35a05b7786b2c3cf1e69ca16c0bbd48d8f953c/src/clienxt/Bundle.properties?at=master

If you like my work, donate nxt 13792774143018875909 and thank you very much for all supports.
l8orre
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:09:01 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 04:39:07 PM by l8orre

ANNOUNCEMENT:

nxtFreeRider is available at:

www.quicknxt.com/FreeRider

sha256: 0b04c63911c877ba8dfb88bed1618c63590eeeb82cec42263c0452082f21402d  nxtFreeRider01.zip

please note: in terms of User Experience, this is an extremely rough release.
However, the implementation of the API backend is complete, robust and multithreaded.
The intention is to release a fully open sourced pythonic API, that can be directly inspected and extended by anybody capable of writing python code.

fmiboy

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:36:04 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 10:21:25 PM by fmiboy

Update ClieNXT

version 0.0.5e AE testnet

changelog:

* added Update table context menu for main Assets table.
* added better search for Asset Exchange
* added output label front progress bar (now no need to close all windows to see console outputs, last output will be displayed right front of progress bar in Status bar of main window)
* removed plain text sending from AM
* fixed various reported bugs, please report bugs if you experience
* well, created easy to use version for all 3 major platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux)

----
downloads
----

Windows: https://bitbucket.org/fmiboy/clienxt/downloads/clienxt_005e_Windows.zip 927.4 KB
Mac: https://bitbucket.org/fmiboy/clienxt/downloads/clienxt_005e_Linux.zip 1.8 MB
Linux: https://bitbucket.org/fmiboy/clienxt/downloads/clienxt_005e_Linux.zip 927.6 KB

nb: mac version is same as Linux, ./clienxt.run & on terminal.

----
Report bugs/features
----
https://bitbucket.org/fmiboy/clienxt/issues?status=new&status=open
please update if issue still persist.

any support is appreciated, translators, donators 13792774143018875909  

edit: removed peers and blocks update that most likely cause lagging, but there is still waiting time, when we have more and more issued assets. thinking how to optimize this to get better performance.

thanks
marcus03

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:35:47 PM

Here is version 1.8 of my Windows NXT client "NXT Solaris". (Source code will be released until Sunday.)

This version adds support for the asset exchange.

If you want to try the asset exchange on the NXT testnet, do the following:

-Extract the zip archive to a new folder (do not try to use one installation for real NXT and testnet).
-Start the open-source version of NXT Solaris.
-Quickly after startup, unpress the "Synchronize with NRS" button at the top left of the main window.
-Check "Connect to fixed URL" and enter http://holms.cloudapp.net:6874 in the URL field.
-Press the "Synchronize with NRS"  and wait until all blocks are fetched. On the asset exchange tab you should now see the available assets.

Changelog
-OS version: Asset exchange support
-Orphan cleanup is now only down on first update and then every hour, so the GUI feels a bit slicker
-Workaround for a Vircurex API bug which resulted in missing trades
-More refactoring and restructuring for the planned source code release
-A bunch of other tweaks and fixes

Download
64-bit Version: NXTSolaris-v1.8-64bit.zip (108 MB) – Download here
SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris-v1.8-64bit.zip: 486DB32881BA7F299C12C464F1419B1D576DBB9190DEF9B7FAAEE3606BA31126

32-bit Version: NXTSolaris-v1.8-32bit.zip (101 MB) – Download here
SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris-v1.8-32bit.zip: 5211C58A5A74CF582E6B59021FF9F52CCC86E067271D7B74DAB07C8451E3674B

For more screenshots and everything else please visit: http://nxtsolaris.wordpress.com/

Installation

The current version 1.8 is compatible with the previous versions 1.6 and 1.7.

If you are updating from version 1.6 or 1.7 simply replace all files with the files in the version 1.8 zip archive.

Roadmap
3.) Create new GUIs for Windows and OS X using the same business logic, but based on the cross-platform Firemonkey libraries. [DONE]
5.) Implement new features from the TODO list
6.) Release source-code for FireMonkey Windows version (February 16th, 2014 latest)
7.) Implement new features from the TODO list
8.) OSX compatibility changes
9.) Release OSX version based on FireMonkey.
10.) Release source code for FireMonkey OSX version.

TODO list

Donations

wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:03:19 PM

Here's my Nxt client, feel free to add a short description to the original starter post:

Still in development, you may find some bugs, but wanted to show off this version:

(Btw, totally untested in IE, better use a different browser if you find UI quirks there).

http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/

As you'll see it's a web client. It is my hope that this might one day replace the official NRS web client now seen at http://localhost:7874 but that is up to Jean-Luc and CFB to decide.

I chose HTML/JS as the programming language because it has a few advantages:

- Source is just a click away (right click the page > view source)
- It's easy - lots of people know javascript and HTML - this means multiple people can work on this together.
- It's cross compatible and runs on any device.

I will be making a 1 click installer for linux/windows/mac later on as well.

For now it runs on my server, since it connects to the test network, there is no worry concerning passwords. Do not use your real account password.

I hope you appreciate this effort, if you do - my Nxt id is: 8189784314684138350

Here are some screenshots:

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: