Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:14:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which vendors of mining hardware are 100% not scammers?  (Read 998 times)
DanielVG (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:33:20 PM

Hi Bitcointalk,

I'm planning about buying a miner but i see alot of threads on the forum about scammers.
I want to make a serious investment and if possible could someone make a list which companies are confirmed that they have a legitimate business.

I have bought from BFL before and i had to wait 6 months for delivery.
They allready disappointed me and i will avoid.

what about KNC?

anything else?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chuckscap

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:30:18 PM

From one experience with BFL and one with KNC, I would say KNC is a stand up company.  Maybe we got lucky but we got our Jupiter one month after ordering and everything that they told us you could bank on.   Our Jupiter has been trouble free and running at 650 GHs for a month.  As far as the Neptune goes they're moving on to 20 nm technology so I would expect any delivery dates to be vague.   Their competitors are still trying to get 28nm technology out of the door.   Let's face it's all a gamble.

Regards,

Chuck
willids

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:43:00 PM

I am using this guy off the forum and I have also visited their shop. The service is excellent and they are always willing to help

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=370260.280

Royal Engineers Association (Hull) - All Donations Accepted
Help your VETERANS as they have helped us - 1Muz52UE54VqrKXRANQUSh8iBA6hWbEzVs - http://www.HullREA.co.uk
Skype - willidsbiz
railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:50:36 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=403459.0

DanielVG (OP)

Activity: 266

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:18:20 PM

thanks for the info guys, exactly what i needed.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:20:40 PM

I wouldn't say BFL is a scammer. They ran into problems building their systems and I can understand why after working on the units.

A real definition of "scammer" would be the numerous companies that promised stuff, took money, then either vanished, or returned 50 cents on the dollar. BFL may have been late, but they did deliver exactly what was promised. In my case, way way way more than what was promised (a 5gh unit that could be easily expanded to 30gh).

C
chuckscap

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:48:28 PM

I wouldn't say BFL is a scammer. They ran into problems building their systems and I can understand why after working on the units.

A real definition of "scammer" would be the numerous companies that promised stuff, took money, then either vanished, or returned 50 cents on the dollar. BFL may have been late, but they did deliver exactly what was promised. In my case, way way way more than what was promised (a 5gh unit that could be easily expanded to 30gh).

C

We got our two Jallys and they are both running at 8 GHs,  we ordered late, got them late, not their fault.   Still KNC is way ahead of them technologically and delivery wise in my opinion.

Regards,

Chuck
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:40:28 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 04:52:50 AM by Bicknellski

C

Some / Many would beg to differ.

Lies about shipping dates alone should give anyone pause to deal with them ever again. There are plenty of choices others than BFL and that is where you start looking. Do not buy from BFL. Go to the link below and see why someone took them to court and won.

BFL has now failed to respond to their loss of the suit and we are looking for ways to collect via lien, direct bank account deduction, etc. In addition we will be shortly expanding a second lawsuit based upon the proof of fraud whereby our bitcoins will be returned to us via a court procedure known as 'recession' [where the court orders that you are returned to the same position today that existed before the fraud occurred] and will seek to secure our bitcoins by way of a replevin order.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=394015.0

We alleged that 1) BFL violated Kansas Consumer Protection Act 50-623 in part; 2) BFL knowingly made false representations; and 3) BFL engaged in breach of contract, all of which caused injury. We were prepared at trial to present documentation and evidence, and are convinced that our preponderance was greater than anything BFL could produce to the contrary. All attempts to communicate with BFL prior to filing were exhausted, so we had no choice.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1u4v0o/i_sued_bfl_in_kansas_jurisdiction_and_won/

BFL denied refunds that they had a legal responsibility to give. They are also just a generally shitty company with a co-founder who was indicted for fraud. But mostly, the refunds-issue. The FTC rules on refunds state that ambiguous wording makes a projected shipping date invalid and the default replacement for that is 30 days. BFL used "2 months or more" and due to the usage of "or more", the date becomes ambiguous and, even at the maximum of 90 days from the time of ordering if combining the 2 months and the FTC's default of 30, they should have given refunds when requested, as well as sending out a notice after 90 days offering a refund or to have the delivery date delayed by 30 days, and then continued to send that notice out every 30 days.

Instead, BFL gave one notice in April that refunds would no longer be allowed and asked everyone to agree with that. Which isn't allowed. BFL isn't showing up in court because they won't win.

So it's far more likely that all of the profits have been embezzled and the Monarchs will never appear.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 04:47:36 AM

Just PM gar1ta$ to hear about the promises and failures of literally every asic company advertising on the forums.

BFL 13 months
Avalon I don't even remember
KnC over 30 days late
HashFast Proly bankrupt in a month
BFL again over 6 months
CoinTerra?  Still nothing.
Etc.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:14:34 AM

Just PM gar1ta$ to hear about the promises and failures of literally every asic company advertising on the forums.

BFL 13 months
KnC over 30 days late
BFL again over 6 months
CoinTerra?  Still nothing.
Etc.

Antminer - Shipping in stock still? https://minersource.net/products/bitmain-s1-dual-blade-180gh-400w-asic-miner

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 05:22:36 AM

BFL 13 months
KnC over 30 days late
BFL again over 6 months
CoinTerra?  Still nothing.
Etc.

Antminer - Shipping in stock still? https://minersource.net/products/bitmain-s1-dual-blade-180gh-400w-asic-miner

Do an ROI calc on that with free power 0% pool fee and 30% diff jumps.

I could print the BTC to a paper wallet and burn it instead of buying those.

Same ROI.  Burn BTC vs Buy an ASIC.

Put a few 100K into an ROI calc at whatever you are comfortable with for Diff, Power, Etc and let me know if you see a chance for profit.  I'd love to be proved wrong.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: