Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:23:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone recommend a "bitcoin friendly" web hosting service ?  (Read 1369 times)
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 08:57:48 AM

I am planning to move the multibit.org website to something with a bit more oomph.

Can anyone recommend a web hosting service that is "bitcoin friendly" ?   By this I mean somewhere where they know what bitcoin is and will be amenable to running a bitcoin daemon and (for bitcoinj) a Java virtual machine on their backend.

Any good (or bad!) experiences that you have had with hosting providers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
322i0n

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 09:24:04 AM

multibits looks good. great work. is there a thread for the multibits project?

Supporting The Global Insurrection Against Banker Occupation
BTC: 1C1w6t1dMkEXeCntURxDiBiWsTbdJbvTr9
NMC: N6uNpVPAdpTur4Hwr8Sqgd6kxcKPto4S2T
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 09:45:42 AM

Hi - thanks !

I am 'feature complete' on the first proper release of MultiBit (it has been living in prototype form on the bitcoinj mailing list for a month or so).   I will start a dedicated thread for it in the "Alternative clients" sub-forum once I iron out the remaining bugs and it is of good enough quality for general release.   That should be about a week or so away.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 05:15:18 PM

I've registered a few domains with Cinfu.com using Bitcoin. Was very happy with the ease of service. You can pay for all hosting, etc with bitcoins so I'd assume they can accommodate your needs.
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 02:54:23 PM

Thanks - will give cinfu.com a try.

deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 03:15:54 PM

Bitcoin Web host might also be able to meet your needs and is with looking at as well

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
semyazza

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 11:15:38 AM

Rackspace Cloud.  They don't accept Bitcoin for payment though.
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 03:01:57 PM

Thanks for your suggestions. Will have a look.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: