Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:13:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **IN HAND** BTCGarden hardware - U.S. distribution 0.023Btc/Gh/s  (Read 6184 times)
Ytterbium (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:57:16 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 04:35:12 AM by Ytterbium

02/16/2014 - Update: Price has been lowered to just 0.196 btc/blade, with no rebate, for as many as you like (Up to 24 or so, since that's all I have left).  Shipping is still free in the US as well.

So far, all of orders have shipped in less then 12 hours. We also have a 24 hour shipping guarantee. if your order doesn't ship in 24 hours, I'll ship it express, and if it doesn't ship in 48 hours you can request a full refund, in btc.

Order today from https://starfire-x.com!

Here's an independent review from Kushedout
Posting a quick review of my experience with ASIC blades I purchased from starfire-x.com

Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412945.0

Seller: Ytterbium

Site: https://starfire-x.com

Pros:
Purchase process was simple and secure.
Second day delivery.
Professional packaging.
Great communication and support from seller.
Setup was fast and easy, blades required no configuration.
Self explanatory, though instructions are available on the site.

Cons:
None.

Waiting for PCB spacers to arrive from Amazon so I can have a nicer setup, but here are some pics of the current Frankenstein I built. Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/xYgxY7O.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/Q7suNu2.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/WQ0ggk3.jpg?1

And here's hephaist0s's post on getting his hardware:
Got my blade yesterday, and it's currently hashing at ~11GH/s. Setup was easy, essentially the same as an AM Blade (which is in the background in the pic.)

This shipped as soon as I ordered it. In-stock counts for a lot. Thanks!

01/14/2014 - Update: Starfire-x has sold and shipped it's first order!  Placed at 12:45 AM on January 13th, the order shipped at 11:56:39 AM the same day. That makes the average time between ordering and shipping so far just 11 hours and 11 minutes! (with n=1, obviously)

Anyway, since everything worked I guess I can say the test is over.  However, I think I'll keep the rebate going to keep prices more competitive and encourage people to post when they order.

If we're not able to ship within 24 hours, we'll upgrade your shipping for free, so the delivery date won't slip. If we're not able to ship in 48 hours we'll give you a full refund (in btc) if you ask for one.

If you'd like to order a from europe, you can still get free shipping if you order six or more.  Otherwise you'll have to pay extra for shipping.

Hi everyone.

I have some BTCGarden hardware I'm selling here in US through the website I setup, starfire-x.com, if anyone's interested in buying some. These are self-contained mining rigs and don't require a USB connection to a host, just an Ethernet port.  When I tested a single one on eligius.st I got about 8.5Gh/s on average.

Price is now a flat 0.196 btc/blade.

I'm still working on the website, but payment processing works and I'd like to do a small test of 10-20 customers on Monday, so I'm currently offering an "instant rebate" of 0.132BTC on a base price of 0.396BTC.  

So, basically if you order one the price is  ฿0.264 if you order one,   ฿0.528 if you order two, and then 0.396 for each additional order. My goal is to get a lot of small customers rather then one big one buying a bunch. Once I've sold 10-20 I'll turn off the rebate. That comes to about 0.031btc/Gh/s, compared to 0.044 right now on cex.io.

To get the rebate, just post in this thread with your txid or the address you paid, or you can PM me.

I did some tweaking to the firmware to make it easier to setup and use, mostly turning on the LEDs and using them to signal when the card isn't able to get work, as well as fixing some issues that could make it difficult to access the configuration panel if it wasn't already configured properly and able to get work.  I also wrote a pretty detailed setup guide for anyone interested.

One nice thing about these is that you can get them for a couple hundred bucks, so you don't need to invest thousands of dollars or multiple bitcoins.  And of course, these are in hand and should ship Monday, January 12th if you order before noon or so.

Here's an a more recent pic of my setup with some dramatic lighting:

An older pic. I actually have more cards setup at the moment.

And a closeup showing off the LEDs.  

Here's what the board itself looks like

Let me know what you guys think!  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drifting

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:00:20 AM

Hey there,
I went to your website to check it out. But when I clicked on the store, it required me to create a user account just to look at it  Huh

I didn't create the account and didn't buy anything... You should change it so people can at least look at products in the store with logging in
Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 02:09:31 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 07:33:28 PM by Ytterbium

Hey there,
I went to your website to check it out. But when I clicked on the store, it required me to create a user account just to look at it  Huh

I didn't create the account and didn't buy anything... You should change it so people can at least look at products in the store with logging in

All you have to do to create an account is pick a username and password, that's it. There's nothing to see in the store that you can't see in this post or on the front page of the website, there's only one product you can buy. I'm still working on the website, but I wanted to start taking orders now instead of spending more time tweaking it and making it perfect while hardware sits idle.

miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 02:19:49 AM

I'd like to see what thermal material is between the heatsink and the asic chips, could you get me that information or a photo?

Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 02:39:37 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 02:56:21 AM by Ytterbium

I'd like to see what thermal material is between the heatsink and the asic chips, could you get me that information or a photo?

Just some thermal paste. I took the heatsink off of one of my early samples and took a picture a while ago:

The focus of the picture is actually the 50mhz oscillator in the middle there as I was trying to ID the components, but you can see the thermal paste on the chips.  There's not that much.  These things can be passively cooled pretty easily, I'm only using a fan because I was using 26mm spacers to desperate the ones on the left, basically stacking them on top of eachother (which saves space, but obviously doesn't allow for a lot of convection)

tekmunki

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:17:05 AM

What kind of power consumption are we looking at for each board?
Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 05:19:31 AM

I just checked a set of 8 of them running on a 750W 80 plus gold PSU (an EVGA NEX750G), with a Kill-a-watt, and it was reading 748W at the wall. That would be about 84W/card assuming 90% efficiency. So slightly less then one w/gh. They're not super-efficient but it'll take a while before they can't cover their own electrical costs.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:51:15 AM

I just checked a set of 8 of them running on a 750W 80 plus gold PSU (an EVGA NEX750G), with a Kill-a-watt, and it was reading 748W at the wall. That would be about 84W/card assuming 90% efficiency. So slightly less then one w/gh. They're not super-efficient but it'll take a while before they can't cover their own electrical costs.

you mean slightly less than 10W/GH -more than 10x as power hungry as other hardware options currently for sale at low prices

These should be 0.01BTC per 1GH - that would at least make it competitive

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:47:58 AM

I'll try one, with rebate please;
txid:90d18454956dbb17b5420f1fa798d5901a45737b08e9bc212fea1b96391237bc
address:1DM8pdm1KbTfAcChuoawkEEbwEqGVzmqQ4

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
Hechay

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:31:45 AM

It is 85GH/s per blade or 8.5GH/s per blade?
Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 11:18:24 AM

It is 85GH/s per blade or 8.5GH/s per blade?

Heh, it's 8.5.  If you want 85Gh/s you can buy 10.

I'll try one, with rebate please;
txid:90d18454956dbb17b5420f1fa798d5901a45737b08e9bc212fea1b96391237bc
address:1DM8pdm1KbTfAcChuoawkEEbwEqGVzmqQ4

Just sent your rebate! hopefully I should be able to get your box in the mail later today.

goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:09:23 PM

Will you send a sample card for review?

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:17:54 PM

If I recall - these things were all over taobao and aliexpress for awhile.. are these brand new or used?

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Jeffrey

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:39:19 PM

US only?
Don't you want to expand to Europe? Let's say, beautiful Holland? Smiley
Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 01:41:06 PM

If I recall - these things were all over taobao and aliexpress for awhile.. are these brand new or used?

I got them new. Also, I'm going to re-flash and test each one before shipping it out.

Will you send a sample card for review?

I'll think about it, I might be able to give you an additional discount if you agree to do a review, but I don't want to give out more free hardware at this point.

US only?
Don't you want to expand to Europe? Let's say, beautiful Holland? Smiley

I can ship to Europe but not for free.  If you PM me your address I can look up the shipping cost.

Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 05:02:12 PM

hephaist0s's blade is packed and ready to ship! it has a mailing label on it now, but I really feel like going through and blurring out all the address/barcode stuff. All I need to do now is drop it in a UPS drop box.  He should get it by the end of the day Friday.

I decided to go through and test/flash a bunch more cards so they'll all be ready to go if anyone else orders, it'll also save me time if I decide to start mining with them too.

miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 05:15:59 PM

Will you offer an unconditional BTC refund if you fail to ship within 24 hours of order receipt?

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:07:17 PM

Will you offer an unconditional BTC refund if you fail to ship within 24 hours of order receipt?

you've had a stick up your ass for days now about stupid technical lingo. These are a little more real then your unicornhashtothemoon nonsense

that said, prices are way out of whack for the power efficiency of the device. The stack shown in the first picture (obviously not new - they are wired and in use) is 40 wired up units - less than 360GHash and drawing roughly 3500W. You could replace that entire stack with a 2/3-filled bitfury system that draws 10% of the power and is the size of about 3 of these stacked blades

the bitfury also costs about 30% less

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

you've had a stick up your ass for days now about stupid technical lingo. These are a little more real then your unicornhashtothemoon nonsense

that said, prices are way out of whack for the power efficiency of the device. The stack shown in the first picture (obviously not new - they are wired and in use) is 40 wired up units - less than 360GHash and drawing roughly 3500W. You could replace that entire stack with a 2/3-filled bitfury system that draws 10% of the power and is the size of about 3 of these stacked blades

the bitfury also costs about 30% less

It's funny.  I offer an actual in stock priority mail shipping guaranteed ROI guaranteed refund device. -> no one wants it.

I offer live unicorns to hash bitcoins -> 4 orders

I am just curious if the OP is willing to stick by his statement or if he is following standard ASIC industry practices.  I am willing to buy miners that are guaranteed to ship or even better miners that offer my terms.  (Guaranteed to ship, guaranteed to beat a specific benchmark of BTC production, guaranteed to exist, guaranteed refund if the buyer is not satisfied)

As a potential customer of these power suckers (which doesn't bother me in the least) I would like to be able to make an informed decision.

miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:13:08 PM

One of the BE blades are cheaper and perform faster.. not sure on the power draw though

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: