Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:19:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is btc dead??  (Read 2542 times)
MoneyGod

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:25:12 PM

Yeah it's dead, give me yours
Yeah. Give to us
all peoples believe bitcoin is dead please start a giveaway and put this dead in alive wallets waiting for reply thanks  Cheesy

GhanaGamboy

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

Dadice Fixed Rate.

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:32:40 PM

to me btc personally is an investment but whatfor invest in something if the price aint going up??

+ you need 1000% yearly, and steady increase.

Maybe you should sell now end enjoy flawless dollars instead
jonluk

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:50:45 PM

Given most investments are returning way less than 10% at the mo, btc is still a good investment IMO. And it will get better if the big investment funds get involved.
Dead, hmm, I don't think so.
ReBoRn

Activity: 392

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:25:08 PM

Given most investments are returning way less than 10% at the mo, btc is still a good investment IMO. And it will get better if the big investment funds get involved.
yes currently some big whales thinking about this but its take time and as this happen its give some more good profit to investors

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:31:40 PM

Some people just aren’t happy with 10 or 20% profit they want 67x profit or whatever. It's just greed. As long as you haven’t lost any money what matters, and if you have lost, well that's investments for you. they don't always work out.
jonanon

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:34:35 PM

Some people just aren’t happy with 10 or 20% profit they want 67x profit or whatever. It's just greed. As long as you haven’t lost any money what matters, and if you have lost, well that's investments for you. they don't always work out.

I'd go along with this, I'd be very happy if some of my non BTC investments generated 7.5% annual return - even this is not guaranteed  Smiley
watchtheskies

Activity: 137

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:38:18 PM

whats up with bitcoin??
everyone is talking about them now but the price stays steadily between 8 to 900 on btc-e

whats up with that, are daytraders happy to make a few bucks a day now so that they buy at 800 and sell at 850 therefore the price is held down artificially.

serious BTC is a complete waste if the value doesnt increase cause except of overstock and Silkroad you cant use BTC for shit, ok maybe money laundeering works fine with BTC but anything else??

to me btc personally is an investment but whatfor invest in something if the price aint going up??

In the last 12 months the value of BTC has gone up about 1000%.

Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

Currently staking TEK and HYPER
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:43:28 PM

whats up with bitcoin??
everyone is talking about them now but the price stays steadily between 8 to 900 on btc-e

whats up with that, are daytraders happy to make a few bucks a day now so that they buy at 800 and sell at 850 therefore the price is held down artificially.

serious BTC is a complete waste if the value doesnt increase cause except of overstock and Silkroad you cant use BTC for shit, ok maybe money laundeering works fine with BTC but anything else??

I was up nearly 1000% when Bitcoin was at its peak.
yntro

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:44:26 PM

buying for 800$ selling for 850$ and you see no profit... 1 cent if a fuking profit.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
watchtheskies

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:51:12 PM

whats up with bitcoin??

This is true - sorry now it's only up about 900% which is obviously very poor compared to conventional investments Wink

Seriously though, of course bitcoin is very high risk and no one should invest more than they can afford to lose - although myself I am very bullish.

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:25:19 PM

whats up with bitcoin??

This is true - sorry now it's only up about 900% which is obviously very poor compared to conventional investments Wink

Obviously I am now devastated and feel foolish for ever putting my money into Bitcoin. WHY AM I NOT A MILLIONAIRE YET?
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:26:48 PM

whats up with bitcoin??

Obviously I am now devastated and feel foolish for ever putting my money into Bitcoin. WHY AM I NOT A MILLIONAIRE YET?

I was told I could afford a Lamborghini if I bought Bitcoins. I'm still waiting Sad
MoneyGod

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:03:05 PM

whats up with bitcoin??

I was told I could afford a Lamborghini if I bought Bitcoins. I'm still waiting Sad
all dreams never fulfill you have to wait for your Lamborghini and others also for become Millionaire because its still have potential to give these thing to us

Purple

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:08:56 PM

Why should BTC be rising so much? It's a currency. It's like asking why the USD hasn't risen a ton today (USD might be a bad example...).

In my opinion, I am happy that the price has been around $820 USD for the past two weeks or so. Stability is what Bitcoin needs if it really wants to go mainstream. The more stable Bitcoin is, the easier it will be to adapt and be taken seriously.

Also, if you're just in BTC to make a quick buck, then go for it. But I think your investment expectations are too high. Making a few dollars per share (in the stock market) is actually a decent profit. The massive increase in BTC price has warped your expectation in investments. 
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:38:52 PM

Why should BTC be rising so much? It's a currency. It's like asking why the USD hasn't risen a ton today (USD might be a bad example...).

In my opinion, I am happy that the price has been around $820 USD for the past two weeks or so. Stability is what Bitcoin needs if it really wants to go mainstream. The more stable Bitcoin is, the easier it will be to adapt and be taken seriously.

Also, if you're just in BTC to make a quick buck, then go for it. But I think your investment expectations are too high. Making a few dollars per share (in the stock market) is actually a decent profit. The massive increase in BTC price has warped your expectation in investments. 

It is a currency, but people are treating it like an investment. These people are going to cry rivers of tears if it collapses and stabilises at a lower value. Investment y u no make me money? Gamble at your own risk.
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:53:10 PM

It is a currency, but people are treating it like an investment.

Its both really I reckon - just the same as fiat currency is in practice (forex). Btc's value is being buoyed at the minute by investors/speculators - but tbh I can't help but think that this is good because it is at least giving Btc some kind of value.
   Of course whats happening is that Btc is being given a stay of execution - by that I mean that it is being given time to prove its worth/utility.

And I do believe that there a lot of people (a lot cleverer than me) out there who are working very hard to show to the world Btc's utility by developing code.

Its a very exciting time - I wish I could be more a central part of it (thru code/programming) but unfortunately I can only support it by the limited amount of dollar I can put into it and by my mouth (as in word of mouth)
watchtheskies

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:01:26 PM

The OP convinced me - bitcoin is dead - I'm selling everything  Cheesy

UberNifty

Activity: 168

AltcoinWarrior.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 09:02:09 PM

Yeah it's dead, give me yours

+1

"Remember, the blockchain is truth..."
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:11:03 PM

whats up with bitcoin??

Is BTC dead as a cryptocurrency? Nope, it is still early days and leads the way as the flagship crypto.
As a technology? Not at all, in fact this is one of the most promising aspects of Bitcoin.
As a means of making a quick buck? Nope - there are slow times, of course, but the investment in Bitcoin is subject to supply and demand that will be influenced by speculation around the media and such.

If in doubt, hoard what you can afford and not a satoshi more.

MoneyGod

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:23:02 PM

please start a giveaway for all and give these all dead to us and you do some in live is this better tip  Wink

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: