Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:20:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how can we solve this problem that a very small people control most of Bitcoin  (Read 945 times)
chinacoinbase (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:26:24 AM

HI,
 please access this website http://bitcoinrichlist.com/top100   , we know 947 Bitcoin addresses control 50% bitcoins so far. it is too weird for Bitcoin business development. how to fix this problem? Does any one have any fresh idea on that? thanks
advtechbg

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:43:36 AM

Wow , this is amazing  Shocked
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 08:58:05 AM

Not sure I understand your problem.  What is the problem again?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
YourMine.org

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 09:01:24 AM

Im curiose as to why anyone would provide such info.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 09:03:25 AM

Im curiose as to why anyone would provide such info.
I think it is so cool that the #1 account listed is the FBI.

Nice site BTW.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Neb

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:11:04 AM

He is talking about the overwhelming control of the larger percentile of bitcoin. More pointedly the fact that 30 (28.9 to be exact) percent is controlled by only 47 addresses, and then the next 20% is controlled by another 900 addresses. This has created the 1% problem that we see with banks, and I believe he was asking if anything could be done about it. Though from a free market base there is no real way to legitimately slove this, unless they spend/donate/transfer this bitcoin, it will stay that way.

linuxnewbie

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:15:54 AM

It's better just to accept the fact that inequality exists and look for opportunities to profit from it. I think any effort to create a mass movement to redistribute BTC is bound to fail. In the absence of a central authority, you need a consensus to change the rules, but there can be no consensus.

Look at real life examples. Ask 100 people what they think the minimum wage should be. Some will say zero, and the other answers will vary widely.
Neb

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:17:52 AM

It's better just to accept the fact that inequality exists and look for opportunities to profit from it. I think any effort to create a mass movement to redistribute BTC is bound to fail. In the absence of a central authority, you need a consensus to change the rules, but there can be no consensus.

Look at real life examples. Ask 100 people what they think the minimum wage should be. Some will say zero, and the other answers will vary widely.

Well stated.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:56:46 AM

I think he's worried about a small number of people holding most of the wealth like what happens with fiat. I think this kind of thing is only natural really. People will always rise to the top whilst others languish at the bottom and then there's everybody in between.
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:18:28 AM

We could set up a luxury food store for bitcoin, then very large people would control bitcoin...

No thanks required I feel obliged to share my great genius for the good of all... Wink

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:46:48 PM

fork the blockchain

Deal with it.
BlockChainLottery

Activity: 332

AwesomeDice.net

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 01:01:02 PM

Why fix it? They (probably) got it fair and square. I am, however, very interested if the Bitcoins presumably attributed to Satochi Nakamoto's ever going to be used. That would have a great impact onto the ecosystem.

jzcjca00

Activity: 263

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:14:50 PM

We could set up a luxury food store for bitcoin, then very large people would control bitcoin...

No thanks required I feel obliged to share my great genius for the good of all... Wink

How small are we talking?  Hobbit small or Borrower small?

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
tommy87

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:19:05 PM

That's not a problem. It's natural.
over1977v

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:23:21 PM

HI,
 please access this website http://bitcoinrichlist.com/top100   , we know 947 Bitcoin addresses control 50% bitcoins so far. it is too weird for Bitcoin business development. how to fix this problem?

Hopefully as the Bitcoin price rise these big holders spend more coins so the coins are distributed more evenly. And about 40% of Bitcoins still has to be mined, so you can expect these 40% to be distributed to much more people.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 01:25:41 PM

That's not a problem. It's natural.
Just like in the real world

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 04:01:18 PM

I have a solution for you:

Convince everyone you know and everyone you come in contact with to buy as many BTC as they can afford and to accept BTC as payment for their goods and services.  You personally should buy as many BTC as you can afford and accept BTC for whatever good or service you provide.

All these horrible evil richer than you mother fucking problem people will sell and spend their BTC.

Problem solved.

solarstone88

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:03:39 PM

They deserve it for actually believing in BTC from the start
jzcjca00

Activity: 263

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:32:30 PM

They deserve it for actually believing in BTC from the start

+1

They took the risks and worked to get us where we are today.  By comparison, what have you done for bitcoin over the past five years?

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: