Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:10:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Know Thy Enemy of the Bitcoin - Message from Somethingawful to everyone here  (Read 19663 times)
brocktice

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

Apparently I inspired this image.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 10:26:14 PM

Wow, that was some really good satire in the OP. If you couldn't figure it out otherwise, the pog thing is them throwing you a bone.

http://media.witcoin.com/p/1608/8----This-is-nuts

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

Like my post? Leave me a tip: 15Cgixqno9YzoKNEA2DRFyEAfMH5htssRg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 10:28:18 PM

Who gives a shit about SA  Huh

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 10:36:14 PM

Who gives a shit about SA  Huh

bitrebel apparently does given the number of threads he's started trying to prove a Freemasons/SA link.

I feel kinda sorry for this dude, if he really is this crazy goons will troll him into jumping off a cliff.

I doubt it.  Kevin Havens is still alive and he got trolled by SA almost as hard as 4 chan trolls Chris Chan.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
buttcoin1

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 10:44:56 PM

Actually, they are making fun of you, in particular. The Naive.

You don't think it's a bit naive that all of mankind has been searching out the fabled Illuminati/free masons/big foot for centuries and yet you have 'uncovered' them all on a forum made by a guy who used to prank people on AIM to get them to try to connect their toaster to a router?

I think you have replaced any chance Bruce, Atlas, or myself had ever had of being the nuttiest person on the forums. Congratulations. You're about to get famous.

+1 Bitrebel is bad for bitcoins.
PinkiePie

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 10:45:03 PM

Your cryptocurrency is at an end. There is no sacrificial lamb, just another fucked goat. We've done this before with eGold. with the Icelandic Kronur, and with the early 90's POG market. If you think our presence would be known before it was already too late for you, then you are sadly mistaken.

I've been trying to stay out of this because it is all very confusing and I don't know who to believe but, well, all I have to say is:  If this is real, please don't crash the My Little Pony toy market.  My collection of ponies is my favorite thing and I don't want to see them lose value.

If they do my father will make me sell them before the market bottoms out as part of my home schooling in economics.

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 10:47:32 PM

I've been watching bitrebel's antics, and all I can say is...

Invest in pharmaceuticals!

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
PinkiePie

Activity: 70

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 10:54:33 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2011, 11:08:29 PM by PinkiePie

Noooooo!

If I join something like this will you leave me alone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Order_of_the_Rainbow_for_Girls

The International Order of the Rainbow for Girls (IORG) is a Masonic youth service organization which teaches leadership training through community service. Girls (ages 11–20/21) learn about the value of charity and service through their work and involvement with their annual local and Grand (state or country) service projects.

Let ME control the global pony market and I will do whatever you want with it.  I promise I won't watch any more anime, My Little Pony and Avatar: The Last Airbender are the only anime I like.

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 11:07:24 PM

I've personally witnessed JeffK's true, reptilian form. Don't listen to a thing anyone says about him, he can't be trusted!

^_^
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 11:08:43 PM

I've personally witnessed JeffK's true, reptilian form. Don't listen to a thing anyone says about him, he can't be trusted!

This is dumb, I was clearly trolling, I am NOT a reptilian, a Mason, and do not currently have any ties to the Illuminati
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 11:22:16 PM

This is dumb, I was clearly trolling, I am NOT a reptilian, a Mason, and do not currently have any ties to the Illuminati

That's what the Illuminati wants you to believe.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Sekioh

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 11:24:04 PM

*hiss hiss*

?:U

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 11:40:14 PM

-1 for not reconizing the counter-troll.

funniest thread all week. ;p

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 11:49:27 PM

You know something... bitrebel is trolling them harder than anyone ever trolled them.

The truth is that bitrebel is playing them like puppets. Cheesy

...or not, and he really needs some medication.
Gerken

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 11:58:56 PM

If he's a troll he's dedicated, three months here, 750 posts, and this was one of his first posts

Hi everyone,
   I've been a conspiracy researcher for a long time, going on 20 years or so, way before the internet was ever popular. I hate to ever accuse people of things without evidence though, but when dealing with mysterious, shadowy people online, one has to consider all possibilities.
   The biggest threat to the bankers and global power structures are alternatives to the monetary system. Most of us know these things by now. Bitcoin can challenge that power, and bring it back into the hands of the people. If it succeeds.
   In the past, every effort possible has been made to keep banking power in place. Murdering Lincoln & Kennedy. Arresting and imprisoning Bernard Von Nothous on bullshit charges. That's just the tip of the iceberg. We also know the CIA works for the Bankers as well as all congressmen and senators and elected officials. The world works for the international bankers, and bitcoin is their biggest threat. The media working for the bankers will be used to destroy bitcoin, if possible. Propaganda will be used and put into place in the most extreme efforts imaginable to stop bitcoin from being a success. We are truly up against evil people and an evil empire.
-- --

Having said all that, I propose a possible situation that is taking place.
On June 1, approx. the Wired article came out causing bitcoin sales and value to explode, as it was reported that bitcoins were used for buying drugs online and money laundering. This could be perceived as an attempt to smash bitcoin, or it could be a sincere effort to spread the word to the underground. This is how I first learned about bitcoin. There was a thread on ATS.

Next, June 10 it was, if I remember correctly, that Black Friday happened, and bitcoins went from their gains of up to $30 each, and it was brought down to almost below $10 each. This makes bitcoin appear to be a speculative market and very volatile. Something you should not trust, according to the bankers, even though their own system is even more volatile with inflation and depression boom and bust cycles.
There was a huge selloff of hoards of bitcoins, and as they got bought up, the price rose back a bit, but the stories spread far and wide across the internet. Bitcoin Bubble Bursts!

Then just 2 days later, it's reported here and spread all over the internet, about the now famous $500,000 digital hacker heist by "AllinVain" -- -- lol, when I read this name, I had to laugh. Perfect Illuminati name. (All my work for bitcoins was in vain)

I tried to and wanted to believe him, but I smell a rat. My apologies to you "AllinVain" if I turn out to be wrong, but my intuition tells me, you work for the bankers, and the people who would like to destroy bitcoin in the long run.

AllinVain registered here in May 18, 2010, but did not post his first post, from what I can tell, until nearly a year later, just a couple months ago, on or around March 27, 2011. But, on May 19, 2010, he registered "Bitcoinexpress.com", according to his profile and the WHO is lookup. Then 3 months after his first post here, he posts that he was hacked and 25,000 bitcoins stolen.

I doubt there are many people who have 25,000 bitcoins anywhere. That's a lot! Where did they come from? Were they mined by him since the start? Could anyone mine 25,000 bitcoins if they started a year ago, with a good computer system or even several, and who, when bitcoins were worth very little, would invest a ton of money to mine many computers worth, without any indication it would pay off that well so soon? So, say they were his....or say they were bought by the CIA, secretly, either way.

Who has that many coins in one wallet? And who, immediately after realizing this, would go online to the bitcoin forum and announce to the world, they were hacked and their money is missing? That's a serious crime thta calls for serious action, not going online to a forum and telling the world, when you know full well, and most likely at least, that others out there are more interested in recovering the coins for themselves than they would be fixing this person's problem. More interesting to examine, is what effect it has had on the bitcoin community. It has send shock waves of fear through the community and that effect is what should be examined, not the theft itself. The fact that everyone is scared to death now, who know little about encryption and fear that bitcoins are not a safe way to store money. And who is the biggest proponent of this belief now?

Allinvain himself....

* First post reveals ....."Needles to say I feel like I have lost faith in bitcoin."
* second post reveals...."Early adopter my ass. God!"
* third post, same first day of supposed theft reveals ..."my slush's pool account got hacked into and someone changed the payout address" causing mining pool people to be scared as well.
*fourth post same day reveals fear mongering to windows users ..."not ever use windows for any security sensitive sites/systems."
*still in the same day reveals ..."I am almost 100% sure this was done via some security hole in windows, trojan, or something like that. So yeah most likely some pimply faced teenage hacker now has them. Ain't it wonderful? Free money for doing nothing. Who says crime doesn't pay."

Then, the wonderful banker child tells us how much he really believes in bitcoin as he reveals ...still in the first day, ....."I'm going to sell whatever bitcoins I have remaining, take it as a life lesson, and count this as a not so fun experimentation with cryptographic currency. I am then going to focus on making plain old paper dollars and store them in a bank where at least I'll have the full force of society or some central government insurance backing me up - not to mention some recourse to the law in case of any theft."

Now, I don't know about any of you, but that sounds to me like someone who had little faith in bitcoin to begin with, if they had such a mind change all in one day, spent babbling about losses online instead of doing something and taking legal action.

Next...same day ramblings....(I think this one takes the cake)...."Bitcoin is a double edged sword that is for sure. If I had all these funds in paypal I wouldn't be crying now lol..Oh god..."

I had to laugh at this, too ..."I'm looking into this as well. The thing is this happened at 12:00 in the afternoon when I was sleeping with all my doors locked. I would've noticed if someone physically had access to my computer. Also maybe someone stole the wallet earlier? I have to serious do some searching into who was at my place over the last month." -- Yeah, you should check yourself, AllinVain, i'll bet the coins are at CIA headquarters, in your proxy bitcoin wallet.

This is sad if it actually happened to AllinVain, and all his work was in vain. But if I look at it from a bankers attack perspective, it works prefect to help destroy bitcoin. Especially with all the bad press now on safety following the bad press on Black friday, following the bad press on drug sales and money laundering.....something is fishy to me. I smell a ratfish.

Well, i'll post more evidence here as I get it, but I felt since there are 5 threads already trying to help this guy, maybe someone should look out for the rest of the community.

I'm not attacking AllinVain, BTW, and I sincerely hope i'm wrong. Im simply pointing out another flaw or risk in the program. Our own gullibility.

I also welcome AllinVain to step forward and offer some real evidence, if possible, like the proof of a police report or screenshots from his logfiles. I don't really know what can be done to prove it, but that alone is suspicious to me.

Any thoughts, people?

The amount of crazy is apparent in his posts. 

TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 12:00:41 AM

What i have to say will probably be lost here, but i'll say it anyway 'cause i feel like it.

We have nothing to gain by antagonizing them; even in the hypothesis they can't harm us, we still have nothing to gain. My advice, leave them be and move on.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
skilo

Activity: 321

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 12:02:04 AM

This is madness!
TiagoTiago

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 12:03:22 AM

Nope, haven't you heard? This is Sparta.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
DiaperedDynamo

Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 12:44:10 AM

Nope, haven't you heard? This is Sparta.
Old meme is old.
TiagoTiago

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 12:47:19 AM

Good memes never die

Do you like mmmBananas?!
DiaperedDynamo

Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 12:49:34 AM

Good memes never die
They get rabies and have to be taken back behind the woodshed. Much like the rest of your posting.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: