Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:12:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 2014 - Top 10 Predictions  (Read 1764 times)
quarkyplum (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:11:17 PM

Top 10 predictions for Bitcoin 2014.

1. More than $100M of venture capital will flow into Bitcoin start-ups.

2. Mining ‘will not’ be dead

3. There will be less than 5 alt-coins (out of the 50+ in existence) that will survive 2014

4. Bitcoin community will solve problems including that of ‘anonymity’

5. US, China and other global forces will not be at the forefront of Bitcoin adoption

6. Indian ecosystem will be slow to evolve; limited to speculators and mining pools

7. The use of Bitcoin will evolve beyond ‘store of value’ or ‘transactions’

8. The ‘browser’ of Bitcoin will come this year

9. The price of Bitcoin is likely to range between $4000-5000 by the end of 2014

10. Last but not the least – Satoshi nakamoto will be Time’s Person of the Year 2014.

Bitcoin 2014 - Top 10 Predictions
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:44:50 PM

3. There will be less than 5 alt-coins (out of the 50+ in existence) that will survive 2014

10. Last but not the least – Satoshi nakamoto will be Time’s Person of the Year 2014.

50 alt coins in existence? There's at least double that already and numerous ones coming out almost daily. http://www.wheretomine.com/

And I think Satoshi has a good chance of winning this year.
bitzbank

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:24:25 PM

A $4000-$5000 BTC in 2014?  I don't think so IMO.
I expect that in 3-5 years.
I think (and hope) there will be steady avg 5% growth per month for BTC.

The most exciting prospect for me in 2014 will be WDC (WorldCoin).
kylekartan

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:28:19 PM

I think we're going to start seeing more and more retailers (big and small) start accepting BTC.

The more that people know about it (mass media), the more that we'll start to see it come up. Once some major retailers start accepting it (looking at you Amazon/Overstock), the general masses will start to see a use for it, thus gain popularity etc etc.

It would be nice to see the altcoins get trimmed down a bit though....
Elroban

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:42:26 PM

Lets hope we see more and more retailers accept the bitcoin and lets hope we don't see anymore banning of anything that has to do with BTC.
I'm also very curious about any new next-gen coins that might even be better. Although those will have a really hard time trying to establish something while bitcoin grows larger and larger.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:50:19 PM

Lets hope we see more and more retailers accept the bitcoin and lets hope we don't see anymore banning of anything that has to do with BTC.
I'm also very curious about any new next-gen coins that might even be better. Although those will have a really hard time trying to establish something while bitcoin grows larger and larger.

IF they were truly next gen or revolutionary then they will be adopted, but not if they're just clones of other coins that offer nothing new.
sniksen

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:57:35 PM

I think we're going to start seeing more and more retailers (big and small) start accepting BTC.

The more that people know about it (mass media), the more that we'll start to see it come up. Once some major retailers start accepting it (looking at you Amazon/Overstock), the general masses will start to see a use for it, thus gain popularity etc etc.

It would be nice to see the altcoins get trimmed down a bit though....

Especially small retailers. When you can't reverse a transaction all sales are final Smiley It's a safe, problem free way of selling to everyone
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:11:37 PM

Maybe you havent been paying attention, but with Bitcoin the relationship between price and difficulty is strong, this has to do with the investment people make in mining hardware, and the difficulty isnt going anywhere but straight UP in 2014. It may begin to plateau in 2015-2016 as ASICs reach the limits of current manufacturing tech like 20nm and below, gains in efficiency will become increasingly smaller and many small players get squeezed out of the mining game if they havent already.
getbackers

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:14:38 PM

great for BTC
quarkyplum (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:05:47 AM

50 alt coins in existence? There's at least double that already and numerous ones coming out almost daily. http://www.wheretomine.com/

yeah, looks like that guy was off on the cryptocurrencies out there at the moment, but does seem reasonable to see them all die off
ilostmyface

Activity: 167

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:17:29 AM

I think (and hope) there will be steady avg 5% growth per month for BTC.

The most exciting prospect for me in 2014 will be WDC (WorldCoin).

BTC will have a crazy ride this year, but will be up for the year.

I am also very excited for WDC this year. Will be the first alt-coin out to implement an US based USD-WDC exchange. Very exciting!
zaloultra

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:06:27 AM

BTC up 100% at the end of 2014.
UberNifty

Activity: 168

AltcoinWarrior.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 03:03:15 AM

9. The price of Bitcoin is likely to range between $4000-5000 by the end of 2014

I'm with the positive majority on this one:

http://www.coindesk.com/56-of-bitcoiners-believe-bitcoin-will-reach-10000-in-2014/

"Remember, the blockchain is truth..."
dnaanders

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:36:58 AM

While the price has proven to be extremely volatile in the past, the adoption of mass services (Zynga, Overstock etc), will stabilize it in the long run.  It's only January 13th right now, and as I watch CNBC almost daily, the media coverage seems to be increasing at a very fast rate.  I think that since there are many ways to easily explain how Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general work, people who can barely operate a computer on their own are going to start getting involved in it.  That might be a negative though to a lot of people, as many don't realize the actual point of why many people use cryptos, and then the price might inflate merely off of speculation, which would obviously be horrible for the entire market.  We wouldn't want to see a bubble in this, I really want it to succeed.  But hopefully that won't happen, and the price will steadily continue to rise!  Feeling optimistic overall. 
stonerson

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:48:00 AM

hello
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:16:30 AM

yeah, looks like that guy was off on the cryptocurrencies out there at the moment, but does seem reasonable to see them all die off

He probably just had a quick look at cryptomarketcap.com and assumed that must've been them all.
BlockChainLottery

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

AwesomeDice.net

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 11:53:42 AM

I'm curious how much longer the alt coin clones will continue. Isn't it kind of obvious that those are doomed to fail? I know as long as money can be made from it, people will try to get a piece of the pie. But for all the people that profit from it, there are also people who lose money. BTW, I'm not talking about the alt coins that are offering other functionality or work differently, I'm talking about clones here. IMO they're just a wasted of time.

Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:11:51 PM

1: Chickenfeed, bet we did that in 2013 easily.
2: Of course not, if mining is dead, bitcoin is dead. The question is, will the little guy face a huge barrier to entry.
3: Define survive... I think we'll still have a lively altcoin ecosystem.. some may die.
4: Bitcoin community is solving problems 24/7 so where's the prediction???
5: All it will take is one country to open it's doors to bitcoin definitively and it will gain a huge amount of business, Switzerland is looking favorite right now.
6: Ditto, Indias current stance will leave it eating somewhere else's dust.
7: It already is, where's the prediction???
8: Meaning the "killer app"? Or just idiotproof wallets? Hopefully progress in both.
9: Yes I think that may be a "trading range" for a good portion of the year, may spike higher of course.
10: It'll be a really dull year in the real world if he has no competition.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:22:58 PM

I'm curious how much longer the alt coin clones will continue. Isn't it kind of obvious that those are doomed to fail? I know as long as money can be made from it, people will try to get a piece of the pie. But for all the people that profit from it, there are also people who lose money. BTW, I'm not talking about the alt coins that are offering other functionality or work differently, I'm talking about clones here. IMO they're just a wasted of time.

They'll keep going as long as people keep mining them. The keep coming out because there’s a bit of money to be made by pumping and dumping them.
Matni

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:26:18 PM

I'm just hoping for some more stability in value. It's great making a few $'s here and then just playing the up's and down's but it would be better to be more stable, especially LTC.

https://twitter.com/CryptoMatni
"I am Lindsey Lohannnnnnnn"
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: