Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:41:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why some people treat BTC as ponzi scheme?  (Read 1228 times)
Slipingbed

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:21:47 PM

Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme to those who weren't able to get in early into bitcoin. Now they are just spewing their hate on Bitcoin due to them not gaining the huge returns that everyone else who got in early earned. You shouldn't really think about or care about these kind of people as they wont be able to harm bitcoin.
taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:23:23 PM

Its because of the volatility nature of it and that how ponzi scheme work which you can loose or gain..
mrtryonebiggums

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:27:11 PM

Because they don't understand the technology and look at the fact that early investors are getting richer as more people join. Yes that is an aspect of ponzi schemes but you also have to look at what the technology is offering. If Bitcoin gave money to previous investors with new investors money then yes that is a ponzi scheme, but it is radically different from this and anybody with a basic understanding of Bitcoin knows that.

gaurav82

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:54:28 PM

I think people using traditional type of currency. And this is new type of currency so its hard to believe on it.
It multiple the money of investors. Any currency never do it. So it treat like bubble which growth till a rate and after it will rip up. There are many scheme has come in market. Which given good return and after it was fraud. People treat Bitcoin also cheat like other schemes.
komisan

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:43:02 AM

Probably those people think bitcoin is not an investment you can see as one if the characteristics of ponzi scheme.
They think the money of those that are just joining the investment are used to pay outrageous fees to the older investors.
However, with these and other reasons, these people do not understand the technology behind bitcoin.  They have forgotten that it is not being controlled by anybody unlike ponzi where some people will be somewhere and swindle people. Bitcoin is entirely different from ponzi scheme
Swanh

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:56:44 AM

I really wonder to some people who think bitcoin is a ponzi scheme. It has made so many people rich and doing better till now.
But I don't understand the reason behind this type of thought?
It is because some people they don't understand what is bitcoin and definition of ponzi scheme  and some are basing their comments on what they have read or heard to other people that also  have wrong information.They easily judge anything without having enough knowledge what they are talking about.
paruru123

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:58:53 AM

People who think of Bitcoin as a Ponzi scheme simply don't understand how it works.
goldenmistletoes

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:01:08 AM

Because they dont really know what it is. A lot of people have a very limited knowledge about bitcoin. They dont really know its true nature and how it works thats why they think of it as a ponzi scheme.
shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:07:34 AM

I really wonder to some people who think bitcoin is a ponzi scheme. It has made so many people rich and doing better till now.

Bitcoin is opposite of Ponzi/pyramid scheme, Ponzi scheme generates its income from new investors and it is a fraudulent investing scam that promises a high rate of returns. Some people believe Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme because they don't have enough information and knowledge about both Bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.
Heopu

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:32:19 AM

Some people who think bitcoin is a ponzi scheme probably do not know much about bitcoin and not yet enriched from bitcoin. If they learn and invest profitably from bitcoin they will probably have other thoughts.
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:33:51 AM

they just read from the media media, then they improvised to incite the humans not to participate in the community cryptocurrency
this is usually the act of a central bank that does not want its position in place of technology

Sampson7

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:40:02 AM

As a result of pyramiding plans that utilizations Bitcoin as an enlistment strategy. In our nation, when you say Bitcoin a few people will think Bitcoin as a trick. These mafias ruins the notoriety of digital money all in all.

Beside pyramiding, some mafia's are doing terrible by misleading individuals through their phony ICO.
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:51:58 AM

The high rate of return of BTC is easy to cause misunderstanding!

Those who know nothing about the BTC will use the ponzi scheme to explain the high profit of BTC!

When you understand the technology behind bitcoin and why it was invented, it's actually the opposite of a ponzi scheme.
Taronet-division

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:35:29 AM

initially many beginners come to bitcoin to invest without knowing other bitcoin functions, so many people who take advantage of it without being responsible
elachious123

Activity: 198

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:38:54 AM

I think is a wrong assumptions that bitcoin is a ponzi, bitcoin exist on a decentralized platform while ponzi is controlled by some individuals
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:47:20 AM

A ponzi scheme has a intricate system and Bitcoin clearly stated that it uses blockchain technology and is a digital currency. Maybe some crossed their minds that Bitcoin "can" be a ponzi scheme but I think if you know about Bitcoin and how it works, you won't think it that way. Bitcoin is very far from being a ponzi scheme.
ambisyon

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:20:23 PM

I believe in btc as much as every member of this community and regarding to the thread, I guess these people are not very familiar about bitcoin and just making conclusions without proper research. I personally believe btc is not a ponzi scheme as this cryptocurrency has already proven it's worth in the crypto market wherein it had even reached it's highest price value reaching nearly $20K USD in the last Q4 of 2017.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:32:40 PM

international news and television media plays an important role in errors that deliberately spread by agency agencies in each country. and it's very effective. a lot of proof, as you say is one proof why many people think that bitcoin is a ponzi scheme.
kulikovar

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:34:16 PM

This is because they do not give time to do research about bitcoins. They simply make conclusions based on the past experiences where people got ruined with such ponzi schemes.
francesyrus

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:35:18 PM

Some people think bitcoin as a Ponzi Scheme because of some scammer that make use of bitcoin as instrument to scam others through investment. There are also some websites that promises to double your bitcoin, yes they double your bitcoin at first but suddenly when more people invest especially huge amount it will disappear.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: