Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:54:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why some people treat BTC as ponzi scheme?  (Read 1227 times)
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:37:10 PM

I really wonder to some people who think bitcoin is a ponzi scheme. It has made so many people rich and doing better till now.
But I don't understand the reason behind this type of thought?

To explain this simply see the movie X men there's a scene where one of the X men asks why are we feared, we're not doing any harm, we're humans to, and the answer is that people will always be afraid of what they don't understand. Same rule is applied for bitcoins people treat it as ponzi as they fail to understand it, and the negative media and fud only assist this notion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ngano ba

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:08:29 PM

Some other people treat BTC as ponzi scheme, 
P but they are mistaken, because in ponzi scheme, the older investor are given the profits from which it is get from the new investors, the management of ponzi thus make some fabricated reports about the scheme, but bitcoin is different when you invest, you are the one who will manage your account on how you grow your investments.
fernando48

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:48:03 PM

These people do not take into account such a process as mining. Bitcoin can not be considered a ponzi scheme because it requires huge resources for its production
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 08:08:51 PM

I really wonder to some people who think bitcoin is a ponzi scheme. It has made so many people rich and doing better till now.

It is all because of their fear of losing their investment or fear of losing their coins. There are mmany schemes out right their in the market but to predict which one is good and which one is bad is the real deal and many people get stuck in some scam and because of this bad experience they used to fear investing in BTC and other altcoins and treat each and every coin as ponzi scheme. Even some of my friends used to tell me that BTC and crypto are ponzi schemes but i neven heard their sayings.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
bakekang

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:35:20 PM

Because they thought bitcoin is a bubble. Anytime bitcoin will instantly fall and will vanish. But believe in yourself, trust your actions, then if you in bitcoin then go.  Dont believe it is a ponzi scheme.
You also said many paople made them rich, but there is some people too lost their money in investing in bitcoin.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
apolonio

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:30:04 PM

Some people treat bitcoin  a ponzi scheme because they dont know about bitcoin. They regret not knowing it earlier and they cant believe that its value will become this high thats why some people think it was not true and bitcoin will die anytime.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:34:25 PM

people who doesnt have any knowledge about bitcoin and its technology those are just telling btc ponji and after they realize what is bitcoin.they say bitcoin is real and an asset.

eloymjb

Activity: 247

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:07:04 PM

people who treat bitcoin is a ponzi scheme, is those people who doesnt have any knowledge about bitcoin and doesnt believe. and aside of doesnt have any knowledge, i think those people who treat btc as a ponzi scheme is those people who have fear by losing money.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM TWITTER INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 04:27:14 AM

I think it’s because people have a hard time understanding how Bitcoin gets its value. It’s hard to grasp since it is not a tangible thing like gold and not backed by a government.

I like to compare Bitcoin to something like PayPal. PayPal is also not a tangible thing but it has a purpose and we are willing to pay for its services. The same is true for Western Union. The bottom line is that Bitcoin provides a service that gives it value.

Most of the time people are scared of something about investments. Specially, cryptocurrencies are not endorsed by the government in some countries and in others they even ban the usage and right to own.

Anonther reason is the false and half true advertisement of bitcoin and other cryprocurrencies. There are people that are keep telling that if they buy bitcoin their money would get doubled noy knowing the risk they are entering because they are promised yo wait until sometime it will grow. Its just like any other ponzi schemes.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:56:54 AM

People are using bitcoin's fame to scam people and the victims will think that bitcoin is scam when the fact the people behind it are the one. So when you don't really know bitcoin you'll get afraid to invest and you'll regretting for thinking that way and not taking the opportunity to invest.

jonaire99

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:01:25 AM

Those people who believe that bitcoin is also ponzi scheme need to educate themselves to understand what cryptocurrency is all about. Bitcoin is often used by some individual or groups to lure people in their online investment schemes which later turns to scam. People should always make their own research before making a conclusion or before joining any investment schemes to avoid being scammed in the future.

━━ ━     Whitepaper     ━ ━━ ━     E M J A C     ━ ━━ ━     One Pager     ━ ━━
●     ●         ●     The World’s 1st Green Renewable Energy DLT Project     ●         ●     ●
━ ━━━ ━      IEO on  Exmarkets & p2pb2b      ━ ━━━ ━      Telegram      ━ ━━━ ━
ngacengan

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:12:37 AM

yes you are right ponzi schemes can indeed make you become rich but in my opinion it is a way to make money that is not good because ponzi scheme is detrimental to the longest person enter and benefit first person enter.
fly99

Activity: 421
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:48:14 AM

They do not understand Bitcoin. They always see the media's negative reports on Bitcoin. They are blinded by those negative reports.
There is a famous saying that truth is always in the hands of a few people! Wink

jcarlo

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:25:26 AM

Maybe they just dont know how bitcoin work. They think bitcoin is ponzi scheme because bitcoin dont have back up from government or any authorities. Bitcoin is not ponzi scheme because right now many financial institution start to involve in cryptomarket
befriendmywater

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:28:32 AM

People consider the BTC to be a ponzi scheme because it is a business that attracts money from investors and hidden business strategies. At the bank, they will send interest to the investors and make them support the bank longer.
Bitcoin is completely different, investors are buying Bitcoin and not receiving dividends! So people think this is a ponzi scheme. Grin

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
IndigoRed

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:26:56 AM

Those who think bitcoin is a ponzi scheme are clearly misinformed. A Ponzi scheme is defined as a fraudulent investing scam that promises high rates of return with little risk to investors. That definition alone differentiates bitcoin. Bitcoin is a software. It does not generate returns. Bitcoin is fueled by scarcity  and demand. This demand is not forced on others. And also, those who are new to bitcoin don’t need to make payments to the older users with their new money.
Perhaps they’re connecting the two, because people can get rich from both.

bigblackdeck45

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:31:30 AM

People who think bitcoin is a whole scheme or a big scam are either misinformed or have little understanding how bitcoin works. Thanks to fake news and rumors people immediately judge and conclude that bitcoin is a scam without even bothering checking it. But it is their loss not ours, while we enjoy all the perks bitcoin has given us they are just out there hating without any credible reason.
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:31:45 AM

This is wrong opinion. Bitcoin is not ponzi.
Many people think it because they don't know basic of cryptocurrency market.
Arkham Knight

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:48:43 AM

A ponzi is where  a perpetrator lie to investors that they could get a huge amount of profit easily. And bitcoin is very different from that because it's a technology and also a specualtive investment but it was clear that there is risk there where you can go rich or go broke.
thirdkiller

Activity: 301

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:47:40 PM

people do not know how to and do not want to wait, they want everything at once, and this does not happen, it's life in a cruel world
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: