Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 05:15:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why some people treat BTC as ponzi scheme?  (Read 1228 times)
Pemburu dollar

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:02:51 PM

you cant really blame people who sees it as a scam because it happened to me too at first before i had a change of mentality this is due to the fact that lots of people as been scammed by cyber scammers and fraudsters, so people are being  not to be scammed. now people are beginning to see bitcoin as an investment but not a ponzi scheme.

I think some people base their comments on what they have read or heard to others who also have the wrong information. They easily judge anything without enough knowledge of what they are talking about.
That's because they do not fully understand what is Bitcoin and how it works and they do not know the definition of ponzi schemes. How can they call it a ponzi scheme if no company operates it, so who will cheat people, is not there right? ponzi schemes also offer high payouts, so who offers it in Bitcoin? no, because absolutely no one is obliged to pay you when you invest.
evfrosini

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:32:27 PM

This is cause they are too lazy to understand it. Just ignore those people as they make no difference.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:39:15 PM

People just don't care enough to do their own research and understand subject.
It's much more easy to hear a few news or read a few articles and get own, wrong and simple idea about something new, unknown and revolutionary.
They don't understand crypto and see it as some kind of ponzi scheme, not like real market where price depends on supply and demand.
Such people I don't listen because they are losers and never make any success in life.
Why?
Because they are not willing to make any effort and they are scared to try anything new.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:40:25 PM

The people treating Bitcoin as a ponzi scheme are doing so cause they aren't able to grasp how a currency can gain so much value in such a short time. Also how a currency can have so much volatility, they relate this volatility with ponzi characteristics. Also some people hate the fact that they weren't able to get in early into bitcoin so just call it a ponzi scheme to make themselves feel better.
muravevat

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:56:07 PM

They treat it as a Ponzi scheme because they have done no research about it. They call it ponzi as it such huge returns and everything is online only.
taeewo

Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:05:01 PM

I think its lack of making proper research about it and many that are already in ponzi scheme knows how the system work where you can gain or loose and btc too its volatile in nature which makes them believe its ponzi
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:32:33 PM

I think its lack of making proper research about it and many that are already in ponzi scheme knows how the system work where you can gain or loose and btc too its volatile in nature which makes them believe its ponzi
That is right, they are easily getting discourage of what they are hearing from the news and from everywhere, they don't exert much effort of investigating about it or knowing the real one if they really want this to have in their life, they are the kind of person that are just happy go lucky.
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:34:46 PM

A similar tone was also pronounced by DBS Singapore group technology director David Gledhill, one of the largest banks in Asia, deeming that the currency of cryptocurrency bitcoin is a financial fraud scheme. The Ponzi scheme is an illegal investment mode that gives investors an advantage of their own money or money paid by the next investor. Profits aren't obtained from individuals or organizations that carry out investment activities.
The Ponzi scheme usually persuades new investors, by offering higher profits, than any other investment in the short term, with a very high rate of return. The continuity of such high returns requires an ever-increasing flow of money from new investors to keep this scheme going. However I don't think so, IMO Bitcoin's a Digital Asset not a Ponzi scheme and not a fraud. Those who say so usually people who are altogether, have never been in the world of cryptocurrency, so they don't understand how Bitcoin works.

dutchkay

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:36:26 PM

Probably because it's not yet backed by the government. Some people believes that so far the government is against it then it's ponzi and there is no two wah about it. Many have not been able to wrap their hands around and it's complicated nature keeps confusing them. Besides the media FUD helps to make it confusing the more. So I don't blame anyone believing it's ponzi.
SamsonFlores

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:24:53 AM

Its only natural for those who believe it's ponzy scheme, maybe they have being involved in one before.  It's sad to hear that kind of accusation towards bitcoin because personally bitcoin is overly legit to all networking companies or any profit organizations out there.
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:14:15 AM

Probably because it's not yet backed by the government. Some people believes that so far the government is against it then it's ponzi and there is no two wah about it. Many have not been able to wrap their hands around and it's complicated nature keeps confusing them. Besides the media FUD helps to make it confusing the more. So I don't blame anyone believing it's ponzi.

Government regulation can reduce issue about bitcoin. With government regulation, investor in cryptocurrency will more confident. But many peoples dont understand about bitcoin and cryptocurrency, so its natural if they think crypto is ponzi scheme.
zhanyiguai261315

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:41:24 AM

Because they are completely ignorant of bitcoin technology, they only pay attention to BTC’s high profits in the short term!
The best one

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:28:04 AM

As for me I disagree about it because some people know that in the case of Ponzi-schemed investments, whose profits seem so fantastic, potential investors are usually approached by trusted people. Coupled with a proposal that promises huge returns from a previously unknown investment model so there are some people treated BTC as Ponzi scheme.
jirene21

Activity: 140

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:19:20 AM

I really wonder to some people who think bitcoin is a ponzi scheme. It has made so many people rich and doing better till now.
But I don't understand the reason behind this type of thought?
I think it is because that they are lack of knowledge how bitcoin works, what bitcoin really is. We can say that today there are lots of people that joining the bitcoin community to get rich, in that sense they are joining the bitcoin community without knowing the whole truth, in fact, people just want to get rich, period.

blue_id69

Activity: 266
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:36:17 PM

Bitcoin is a digital asset, not a ponzi scheme and not a fraud. People may think that it is a ponzi because they do not know what it is all about. I never believe that Bitcoin real till a friend of mine that is into it explained to me; what it is and how i can invest there and make money. Now, i am the one spreading the news of it. They did not understand the blockade and the crypto currency and are angry when others make money on it, but they do not.
popelene1

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:27:34 AM

Its not ponzi scheme, its those people that has loss much on ponzi that also see bitcoin as ponzi... Bitcoin is a real digital currency
blingow

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:34:45 AM

Long gone are the days when Bitcoin was treated as a ponzi scheme, the coin has proven its worth over a period time and earned a number of people good returns overtime, those who still think BTC is a ponzi are misinformed and has missed quite a lot and will miss a lot if they dont  change the persppective
rolerVX

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:45:42 AM

Because of successful testimonies of the people. But whether we like it or not even we think this is ponzi still we have something in us that we believe in bitcoin and having our hope that it will recover as soon as possible.
Itcher

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:17:23 PM

people are used to associate large earnings with Ponzi, because they can not explain this growth for other reasons. all just because of ignorance
violet catona

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:50:01 PM

i think people tell bitcoin as a ponzi because many website offering fast ROI if investing their money using bitcoin, and also because of bitconnect exit scam last year make people assuming bitcoin is a ponzi scheme  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: