Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:48:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Bitcoin pizza day!  (Read 724 times)
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:31:37 AM

Must people never heard of  Laszlo Hanyecz the guy who bought 2 🍕 pizza with 10k BTC  at Papa John's restaurant.
To these new to Crypto may see what this guy did as stupidity, but forgotten that, just as you're using your  bitcoin for daily needs, that's exactly how it is then.

Fact: Laszlo Hanyecz It’s one of the best-known cryptocurrency legends: The guy who bought two pizzas with 10,000 Bitcoin back in 2010 to prove the digital currency worked.
MxRizky22

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:32:48 AM

If a man watch this post, he will stressed caused bought a box of pizza by 10.000 bitcoins. How lucky the pizza seller, i don't know what will he doing with that bitcoin Huh Hehehe Happy Bitcoin pizza day ! Grin
Envasador

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 10:34:26 AM

wow amazing how time goes in
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:39:30 AM

Happy Bitcoin pizza day everyone !  Grin
Exactly seven years ago, on May 22nd 2010, a man paid 10000 BTC for a pizza First ever purchase with Bitcoin!  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
That was exactly 8 years ago if you don't mind counting. Anyway, this day is a very great day because we are being taught to hold our bitcoins even though we are in need of something specially pizza. I wonder what that man is doing now in his life or if he still remembers what he had done 8 years ago. To that end, let's keep on spreading happy pizza day!
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:45:10 AM

This day worth celebrating because this was among the first instance bitcoin was brought into limelight. Though some people always condemn that action. This can also be equated to people dumping due to panic.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
berrieswithwine

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:47:06 AM

Soon: 10000 pizzas for 2 BTC.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:58:03 AM

I'm just curious, what happened to the store who got that big amount of bitcoins? I wonder they are very rich now, a multi millionaire pizza store

It wasn't like that. It was a guy on this forum sending someone 10k BTC in exchange for them ordering him 2 pizzas with their credit card online from Papa Johns. So the question is whether the other guy on this forum kept them. Probably not, lol. You never know though!

That was a really important event though. That was from what I remember one of the first pieces of news that spread out around slashdot and such. The idea that someone actually purchased something with BTC was novel at the time.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 04:33:19 PM

Well, we should also mention the appreciation for the Pizza buyer as Bitcoin is valuable today just because the early adopters decided to spend it and use it as a payment system instead of focusing on holding and speculation. We should take this responsibility today to do the same and contribute to the growth of it. As of now, Bitcoin is highly used on the websites accepting cryptocurrencies but there are not many merchants in the offline markets accepting Bitcoin around the world.
kudil

Activity: 1092
Merit: 29

'Free as a bird'

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 04:00:25 AM

Eight years ago, on May 22, 2010, a programmer purchased two large Papa John’s pizzas for 10,000 bitcoins, worth about $30 at the time. It’s widely believed to be the first purchase of a product with bitcoin, proving the then-nascent cryptocurrency’s potential as a means of payment.
Bitcoin was less than two years old when Laszlo Hanyecz decided to spend some of the coins he had mined on some real-world goods. The coins were worth just a fraction of a cent at the time, and no merchant accepted them as a means of payment.

I want to know, what they do with 10,000 BTC? They still hodl or spend it for making pizzas? anyone knowing about it?  Grin Grin
Coinlover9

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:19:53 AM

Well the price's are going down but anyway happy pizza day to you too
anggada18

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:29:33 AM

Happy Bitcoin pizza day everyone !  Grin
Exactly seven years ago, on May 22nd 2010, a man paid 10000 BTC for a pizza First ever purchase with Bitcoin!  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
it's a national day for bitcoiners .. i did not know there was a story like that .. at that time bitcoin has no price at all and now surely people will regret having bought pizza with 1000 bitcoin .. Cheesy
neya

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:36:31 AM

Eight years ago, on May 22, 2010, a programmer purchased two large Papa John’s pizzas for 10,000 bitcoins, worth about $30 at the time. It’s widely believed to be the first purchase of a product with bitcoin, proving the then-nascent cryptocurrency’s potential as a means of payment.
Bitcoin was less than two years old when Laszlo Hanyecz decided to spend some of the coins he had mined on some real-world goods. The coins were worth just a fraction of a cent at the time, and no merchant accepted them as a means of payment.

I want to know, what they do with 10,000 BTC? They still hodl or spend it for making pizzas? anyone knowing about it?  Grin Grin
Or maybe they use it also to something that time because that time bitcoin not so popular so only people knows about it.but if they keep it they are so rich now.and many business started.

TRUEPLAY.io
TRANSPARENT AND HONEST GAMBLING PLATFORM ♣ PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018 ♠ 30% DISCOUNT
sitebounty ann thread  ♠ wallet
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 04:12:15 AM

the story begin when a progammer named Laszlo Hanyecz, offering 10,000 bitcoins to anyone who wanted to buy two pizzas.
at that time bitcoin prices are still in the USD 0008 figure, while now the price has reached USD 7900. imagine if the conversion with the current bitcoin price, the price of pizza as the first bitcoin using transactions in the world at that time was USD 79 million.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:28:26 AM

this is a historic moment, for the first time bitcoin is used as a legitimate transaction tool. but a bit unique and funny because it knows the fact that bitcoin was first used to buy a pizza, haha. 22 May will be a memorable date for crpyto industry especially bitcoin in the future. hopefully that person and the pizza company who received an award for their belief in bitcoin
HelenS

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:23:15 AM

I'm just curious, what happened to the store who got that big amount of bitcoins? I wonder they are very rich now, a multi millionaire pizza store

I think they weren't so prudent at that time. But who knows...
kiemponxs

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:34:53 AM

it is unthinkable what happens now with the person who buys a pizza with 10,000 btc, surely he will be very sorry to buy a pizza in 2010 with 10,000 btc, if he keeps it now he has become a millionaire.

oppasong

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:44:21 AM

a memory that has never been forgotten until now and this is a must to keep in mind every year especially if it will be in celebrate once again on behalf of all users bitcoin say good day pizza to bitcoin hopefully bitcoin will continue to be glorious and growing all over overseas.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:56:36 AM

I hope that pizza shop is a multi millionaire now. But the question is , did they save the private keys. Or else 10k BTC is lost forever.
I have often wondered why history and documentations are silent on the shop that purchase was made. And this is not fair to the guy who made that 10,000btc exchange if the spotlight is going to be on him alone. It will make many cast aspersions on the dude as being stupid and then believe the buyer is lucky and smarter for that exchange. We can't really be sure the shop still has the bitcoin intact. Researchers should find out what eventually happened. I am curious on this.

I feel lots of regret everytime I heard a story like this.
Why would you feel any pang of regret when the story told isn't even yours in the first place. Are you always that mushy mushy? I bet you aren't a trader. It takes an emotionless state of mind to place a trade.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
neerajimittal

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:58:49 AM

On this day in 2010, Florida-based programmer and early cryptocurrency enthusiast Laszlo Hanyecz enshrined his name in bitcoin lore by paying someone 10,000 bitcoins to order him two pizzas from his local Papa John’s restaurant. The purchase is believed to have been the first time that bitcoin was used in a real-world transaction. Today, those coins are worth nearly $82 million.
bauntyshark

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:17:56 AM

it will be a history unforgettable by all) Interesting, what happened to the store that received Bitcoin? Grin

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: