Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:36:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do projects after a successful ICO lower the price of their tokens?  (Read 302 times)
snaper14

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:05:59 PM

I guess when they collect too much money they become lazy as they have already win the money and to work for more in a short period seems too much and the investors lose money.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:13:20 PM

Do you think if the project collects a lot of money for the ICO, why does its token fall in price, immediately after ICO, and investors lose money?

Just do not say that, the bounty hunters lower the price of the token-it's a fairy tale Grin, the normal project always keeps track of the price of its token and buys it without letting it fall to the bottom.
In the market, the price is less dependent on developers. There everything depends on the popularity of the coin.

Yalovtsev

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:16:46 PM

It is not they who reduce the price, but the market, and in particular people by their actions, reduce the price and very much sometimes, so it has become more common now, some tokens are bought on the exchange after ISO, there the price is more delicious

aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:18:37 PM

Do you think if the project collects a lot of money for the ICO, why does its token fall in price, immediately after ICO, and investors lose money?

Just do not say that, the bounty hunters lower the price of the token-it's a fairy tale Grin, the normal project always keeps track of the price of its token and buys it without letting it fall to the bottom.

It’s all about speculation. People buy the ICO tokens hoping that they will be the next big thing. Some may do well while others may crash. The best thing to do is research the project before buying any token or coin regardless of whether it’s an ICO or not. I’ve have a few ICO tokens but I think they are good ones. Currently I hold EOS and IOST which are both in the ICO phase.
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:33:10 PM

Yes, you are right and your question is a very good one.  The team of every project has a lot of work to do when their coin has been listed. I have seen situations where the prices of some coins are maintained within a good range, while some dump so drastically  that it makes it difficult to quickly recover. No matter how traders try to dump any coin, the team of the project can still maintain the price.
indriasyifa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:43:09 PM

in my opinion, the fall in ICO prices in the resulting sales of bounty from the campaign, so that investors are harmed. to keep prices stable. I think every dev ico should predict and support the investor by holding tokens to the bounty hunter. so the price of ico does not fall, so the payment is gradually given to the bounty hunter.

BITWINGS - Guaranteed worth $0.20
Minephone - First smartphone that produces up to 2 ETH/month (http://minephone.bitwings.org)
jawatulen

Activity: 398

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:43:46 PM

i think at the beginning the dev didn't think about the price after the project listed on exchange
but, they focused to develop the project, so the price is down
just my personal opinion my friend
tolobua

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:13:56 AM

A good project may not be a project that raises the most money. And it seems that if all bounty hunters sell their tokens, it will not affect the whole situation. As you said, a good project will find a way to survive.
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:37:51 AM

Maybe listing it on an exchange with lower price initially is one reason, but fear not for in months time, when the project is on their launch period and most people has and have grasped what the project looks like, investors would automatically be lured in and therefore the market value of it will rise again, you just gotta hold it for now.
4garret

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:47:44 AM

Yes those who buy tokens without research and just look at the rating, will panic when the price drops 5% from the time of release. And when they sell it for the same reason as when they buy it, they start blaming bounty hunter.
evok3d

Activity: 534
Merit: 250

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:49:07 AM

Because many try to sell a coin as soon as it is flooded on the stock exchange. And indirectly it speaks about the popularity of the project

M E   D I   A
P  R -    ▄▄███████▄▄   
  ▄██████▀██████▄ 
 ███████   ███████
▐██████     ██████▌
██████▌     ▐██████
▐██████     ██████▌
 ▀██████▄ ▄██████▀
   ▀███████████▀  
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
- T  O  C - O - L
MEDIA Protocol in Action
              ▄▄██████▄▄
            ▄████████████▄
           █████▌ ▀▀███████
   ▄████▄▄██████     ▀█████▌
 ▄███▀ ▀████████      ▐█████
▐███▌   ▐████████      ████▌
▐███    ██████████▄▄  ▐████
 ▀███▄▄████▀▀████████████▀
   ▀▀███▀▀     ▀▀████▀▀
   ▄▄▄████████████████▄▄▄    
 ████████████████████████▄  
▐███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌ 
████████████▀▀▀        █████ 
█████████▀             █████ 
███████              ▐█████ 
█████▀               ██████ 
███▌              ▄██████ 
█████             ▄█████████ 
████▌          ▄▄██████████ 
▐████▄▄▄▄██████████████████▌ 
 ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀▀███████████████████▀    
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:51:16 AM

Maybe when the team feels that bounty hunters are done dumping their tokens, that would be the time the team will use some of the money raised to buy their tokens back to maintain a good price not lower than the ICO price.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
quality89

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:51:59 AM

I think by the influence of the market. Actually, it is not clear why, we need to find out more from the forum or from experts in the field
solovalley

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:40:25 AM

It may be that some bounty hunters will sell their tokens, but if a project is really promising, some investors will also buy from them even before the token goes in exchange.
sergiom

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:35:54 AM

It is obvious at my sight. Hunters are recieving their tokens and begin to dump the price drasticaly right after ICO
Cryptokeke

Activity: 136
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:43:22 AM

We have the same question, im also wondering why is the token in the dip price when the ICO is succesful. Im thinking maybe they just dump the price so that the investors will earn a big amount of profit when the tokens came from the bounty already sold after they raise the tokens value.
johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:42:05 PM

In good projects, such sharp decreases occur rarely. If the team doesn't consist of incompetent people, then the price of a normal prospective project will be all right.
1. You need to gradually unlock coins. Initially, a small investor, then a month or two average, well, six months later, when the market is stabilized - large whales.
2. Do not sell a large number of coins in one hand. Prevent any possibility of participating in ICO (whitelist) multiple accounts.
3. Engage in the development of the project, and not sit and count the money that was collected during sales.
It's my opinion.

erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:48:32 PM

Some of the reasons I know why a price of a certain coin or token rapidly drops is because there are lots of dumpers after the ICO. Most them are bounty hunters while some are thise doing a short term trading. Another factor is because of the price in the market. Almost all of the coins are affected if Bitcoin price drops.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:50:20 PM

As far as I know when the token sale is over and if the project fails to secure an early listing on a big exchange...this leads to decentralized exchanges taking advantage of this delay which allows whales to set prices below ico price and if sellers respond then the price is set.

Another reason for lower prices is massive bonus tokens given by these projects which allows investors to sell below initial price, and not the excuses that go around that bounty hunters are responsible.

so true having bounty hunters isnt an excuse!
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:55:20 PM

It is not a fairy tale that bounty hunters will dump their bounty rewards after ICO. Some hunters actually sell immediately the moment they're given the chance.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: