Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:51:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xtreme Miners and Advanced Mining Technology - TOFTT  (Read 3183 times)
eightcylinders (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:22:19 AM

There are several threads about each of these companies (Xtreme Miners and Advanced Mining Technology), with most folks concluding they are probably scams.

Well, I decided to take one for the team .. two actually.  I bought both quite possibly to my detriment.  Personally, I think AMT is probably legit.  Its 50/50 in my mind on Xtreme Miners.  This could set me back 12 months if both turn out to be frauds.. that would hurt.  Unfortunately I submitted my orders before reading everything on this forum.  Probably wouldn't have taken the risk if I had read all of the great investigative work others have done on these guys .. but I still think am hoping at least one of these is legit.

On order for delivery Jan 20: Tiger 5 Th/s ($10,000 paid in Bitcoin).  Xtreme confirmed via email my ship date 2 days ago at my request FWIW (not much, I know).

On order for delivery "late Jan or early Feb": 1.2 Th/s AMT1200 ($5,999 paid in Bitcoin).  No communication from AMT since my order was paid for.  Hmmm.

If/when I hear anything from either company I will post it here.   

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 05:24:11 AM

There are several threads about each of these companies (Xtreme Miners and Advanced Mining Technology), with most folks concluding they are probably scams.

Well, I decided to take one for the team .. two actually.  I bought both quite possibly to my detriment.  Personally, I think AMT is probably legit.  Its 50/50 in my mind on Xtreme Miners.  This could set me back 12 months if both turn out to be frauds.. that would hurt.  Unfortunately I submitted my orders before reading everything on this forum.  Probably wouldn't have taken the risk if I had read all of the great investigative work others have done on these guys .. but I still think am hoping at least one of these is legit.

On order for delivery Jan 20: Tiger 5 Th/s ($10,000 paid in Bitcoin).  Xtreme confirmed via email my ship date 2 days ago at my request FWIW (not much, I know).

On order for delivery "late Jan or early Feb": 1.2 Th/s AMT1200 ($5,999 paid in Bitcoin).  No communication from AMT since my order was paid for.  Hmmm.

Good Work!  Keep us up to date. 

Could you post links to the relevant threads you are talking about? 

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:58:05 AM

You sent $16,000 non-refundable to companies that have never delivered anything and most people have told you they are scams? ..... I'm completely lost for words
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:52:14 AM

You registered 4 days ago to tell us this?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:24:28 AM

tigers at 5ths is more fanciful than the unicornhasher. the effrontery to promise sth next week. xtreme should be lynched. unless the 0,00001% chance ... imagine all the gloating newbs/younsters/shills with serious firepower next effing week

amt will 80/20 deliver sth like that much too late to make profit. suggest u sell on ebay to recoup some losses

thanks for sharing, very brave

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:05:36 PM

tigers at 5ths is more fanciful than the unicornhasher. the effrontery to promise sth next week. xtreme should be lynched. unless the 0,00001% chance ... imagine all the gloating newbs/younsters/shills with serious firepower next effing week

amt will 80/20 deliver sth like that much too late to make profit. suggest u sell on ebay to recoup some losses

Well if people keep buying the scam stuff, people will keep "producing" it. The OP admitted it was probably a SCAM and still sent his money off. Who's to blame? The SCAMMER or the OP that bought knowing full well it was likely to be a SCAM. A fool and his money .....
eightcylinders (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:38:23 PM

For clarity, when I ordered these I had not seen the threads on this forum about these companies.  I saw those threads after I ordered.  Probably stupid still, but I need to get up in the multi-terahash range to make money and no one else is offering multi terahash units for delivery anytime sooner, so I bought on a bit of an impulse without doing enough research.  The next morning I felt a bit of buyers remorse and started doing research... I thought at least others who are thinking about these companies could see what happens with my orders and learn from my loss (or gain).

As far as pre-ordering goes ... I have been buying "in hand" equipment off of ebay for the past year and the profit margins are thin.. the only way to stay ahead in this is to buy pre-orders; which means paying up front.  Last time around, KnC delivered first and BFL was last (or never, depending on who you ask).  But does that mean the 20-30nm contest will be won by KnC again?  Maybe, maybe not.  There are a LOT more ASIC producers out there, a LOT more ASICs available that can be ordered by a small company... so FWIW I was betting that the 20-30nm race will be more of a "tie" this time around because ASIC producers all seem focused on that and the chips are more widely available than the 50-115nm chips were a year or so ago.  The "established" and "reputable" providers (KnC, Black Arrow) are asking too much, and have too long of a wait, for me to buy into their offerings at this time.  Difficulty is rising exponentially, and waiting till April is just not a good option at the prices they are asking.  So I took a chance.  We will see if it pays off.  With AMT at least, I think I will have good ROI if they delivery by the end of February (which seems possible).   With Xtreme, it is a huge gamble but they have had good communications and remain committed to the January delivery date in spite of the seeming impossibility of that.  Why wouldn't they have just pulled a BFL on me, and said that my date had slipped a month?  Why would they keep telling me the shipping date has not changed?  They are either complete and unabashed frauds, or the most incredibly unlikely dark horse in this race.

=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
athatisme2

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:47:48 PM

thanks eightcylinders, I tried to send email to Xtreme and making an appointment to visit their workplace and products.
I really get interest with it since even I found so many "Xtreme miner is scam" threads, but why it still there, and another batch is coming for these few months.
I make appointment around the last week Feb, hopefully it will have update news from them soon.
hi eightcylinders, hopefully PM with you for case sharing

some email conv between Xtreme and me:

Hello,
yes quite possibly, I will forward your request.

Kind Regards,

Team Xtreme Miners

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 9:49 PM, <my email address, i deleted>  wrote:
> Hi D/O,
> Would that available around 26 Feb 2014?
>
> Thanks
>
>
> Cheers,
> Ben
>
>> Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 02:10:14 +0000
>
>> Subject: Re: New message via your website, from <my email address, i deleted>
>> From: contact@xtrememiners.net
>> To: <my email address, i deleted>
>>
>> Hello,
>> sure we can schedule an appointment in february.
>> Which dates would be best for you?
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>>
>> Team Xtreme Miners
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 06:00:32 PM

Quoted In my OP!

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:33:27 AM

thanks eightcylinders, I tried to send email to Xtreme and making an appointment to visit their workplace and products.
I really get interest with it since even I found so many "Xtreme miner is scam" threads, but why it still there, and another batch is coming for these few months.
I make appointment around the last week Feb, hopefully it will have update news from them soon.
hi eightcylinders, hopefully PM with you for case sharing

some email conv between Xtreme and me:

Hello,
yes quite possibly, I will forward your request.

Kind Regards,

Team Xtreme Miners

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 9:49 PM, <my email address, i deleted>  wrote:
> Hi D/O,
> Would that available around 26 Feb 2014?
>
> Thanks
>
>
> Cheers,
> Ben
>
>> Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 02:10:14 +0000
>
>> Subject: Re: New message via your website, from <my email address, i deleted>
>> From: contact@xtrememiners.net
>> To: <my email address, i deleted>
>>
>> Hello,
>> sure we can schedule an appointment in february.
>> Which dates would be best for you?
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>>
>> Team Xtreme Miners

Classic SCAM tactics - delay, delay, delay
athatisme2

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:00:38 AM

[/quote]

Classic SCAM tactics - delay, delay, delay
[/quote]

Smiley really I am 50/50 to xtreme miner too.... that's why I make appointment at the end of Feb, I wait for their first batch~ see whether any comments on it.
Another thing I don't feeling good is payment method of them, I would really happy if they can accept bank account as well instead of only coinbase...really make me feel nervous for over 10BTC Roll Eyes
bartsi009

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:08:51 AM

http://www.xtrememiners.net/#!products/cngp

They have contact information:
http://www.xtrememiners.net/#!impressum/cvj3

Impressum
Owner: Mr Berg.
Adress: Eschersheimer Landstraße 19-21
                60322 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Finance Office: Frankfurt am Main IV
Phone: +49 152 169 418 29

Who easy to verify it?
empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:12:06 AM

http://www.xtrememiners.net/#!products/cngp

They have contact information:
http://www.xtrememiners.net/#!impressum/cvj3

Impressum
Owner: Mr Berg.
Adress: Eschersheimer Landstraße 19-21
                60322 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Finance Office: Frankfurt am Main IV
Phone: +49 152 169 418 29

Who easy to verify it?

"Mr Berg" doesn't sound great for a start. But even so, they may have an address, but unless they let you in to inspect their premises, you aren't really learning anything at all.
eightcylinders (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:25:59 PM

Everyone who bought from Xtreme miners should do 2 things immediately.

First, file a complaint with the FTC.  https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov.  The basis for the complaint is that Xtreme took our order, promised a specific date, and then did not meet that date.  Moreover, they have neither offered a substitute later date nor have they provided a refund as required under 16 CFR 425.  This is a $16,000 fine per violation so please file!  It is very easy.  Include in your complaint any emails you have, purchase information (proof of payment for example, transaction ID, etc.)

Second, send a complaint to Coinbase if you purchased through them.  They know who Xtreme Miners is.  They are a verified merchant, and Coinbase requires quite a bit of documentation to verify a merchant (one of the main reasons I took the pre-order).  According to an email I received from Xtreme miners, Coinbase is "holding" Xtreme miner's coins and preventing transfer (which is what Xtreme claims is the reasons for the delay).  Enough emails to Coinbase and that hold will become permanent pending FTC action.

Best regards,

Eightcylinders

P.S.  Very happy with AMT!  If it weren't for Black Arrow I would have made up my losses on the Xtreme Miner pre-order.

achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 05:34:32 AM

so they are a scam? I was thinking of ordering a couple through them
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 05:37:16 AM

any update?
Rock6.3

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:22:53 AM

so they are a scam? I was thinking of ordering a couple through them

I consider this company to be a scam.

Emails about current orders are not answered.
Emails about new orders are promptly provided a wallet address to send your btc to.
Ordering links to coinbase are not valid at coinbase.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: