Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:36:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GUI miner INVISIBLE!  (Read 56477 times)
celcoid (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 03:57:33 AM

Ok guiminer shows up on my taskbar and has a icon but there is no window..... help?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 04:02:05 AM

Do you have a gfx card that is using a dummy plug or using 11.7-11.8 driver w/ a card that has no monitor or dummy plug hooked up to it?

If so, the app might be popping up on that virtual monitor that you cannot see. Duplicate all monitors through CCC or screen resolution, and guiminer should pop up.

Edit:
I've been seeing a lot of these happenings popping up.
celcoid (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 04:04:13 AM

no I have two 6870's in CFX one monitor, no dummy plug
celcoid (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 04:14:32 AM

HELP! I cant mine until I resolve this I have tried uninstalling CCC and removing GUIminer
celcoid (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 04:21:07 AM

FOUND FIX

Open up a folder (Documents, Libraries, whatever) and click elsewhere to lose focus (we're doing this to simulate your missing GUIminer window)
In the taskbar, left-click once on the folder icon so it gains focus
Now, press "ALT-Space" (you will see a menu appear on the folder)
Press "M" to choose the Move option (your cursor will now turn into four arrow points).
Press any of the cursor keys once (this will move your folder on the screen and it will be captured by the mouse)
Move your mouse about and you will see the folder moving with it
Left-Click to "drop" the folder onto your desktop
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 04:55:52 PM

FOUND FIX

Open up a folder (Documents, Libraries, whatever) and click elsewhere to lose focus (we're doing this to simulate your missing GUIminer window)
In the taskbar, left-click once on the folder icon so it gains focus
Now, press "ALT-Space" (you will see a menu appear on the folder)
Press "M" to choose the Move option (your cursor will now turn into four arrow points).
Press any of the cursor keys once (this will move your folder on the screen and it will be captured by the mouse)
Move your mouse about and you will see the folder moving with it
Left-Click to "drop" the folder onto your desktop

I have no idea how you figured that out, but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. That's flipping wonderful!

Do you have a btc address I can tip? I was about to reinstall windows to fix the problem. :/

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 05:14:53 PM

Could this be stickied?

As I have seen many threads with this same problem.

Maybe OP could edit title and add [Solved with solution].
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 09:43:24 PM

For anyone who doesn't understand what "cursor keys" means (it took me more than once), it's the up down left and right arrows on the keyboard.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
322i0n

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2011, 10:00:10 PM

Aw man, i had this problem a couple of days ago. Only solution i could find was vga cable connecting my card to monitor. all mycards poiint to the same monitor. but that works for me.

this fix might help when i have another card and no more ports on my monitor.

Supporting The Global Insurrection Against Banker Occupation
BTC: 1C1w6t1dMkEXeCntURxDiBiWsTbdJbvTr9
NMC: N6uNpVPAdpTur4Hwr8Sqgd6kxcKPto4S2T
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 01:51:45 AM

Sounds like a driver bug.

pitabread

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 03:04:54 AM

I had this happen and it happens as follows:

1) make changes in guiminer without saving
2) clicking X so it hides in the tray
3) reboot clicking save

Another option to the fix if you are using windows 7.  Click the Guiminer on the taskbar and hold down the window key and push left cursor until it shows up.
Isepick

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 12:14:02 AM

For Windows 7 also try going to: C:\users\<your user name>\appdata\roaming\poclbm\poclbm.ini     open that file, go to the end of it and you will find an area called 'window position' that gives x & y coordinates. Try adjusting the first number I believe, which should be the x coordinate. Good luck
Maniac479

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:02:38 PM

I am having the same problem and I don't understand these "fixes".
NestEggNessy

Activity: 94

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:23:10 PM

EASIEST FIX FOR INVISIBLE GUI MINER

1. Make sure the guiminer is NOT on your taskbar.

2. Open guiminer.

3. When you see that it IS IN FACT on your taskbar, left-click once on your desktop background. (click anywhere as long as it isnt a folder or anything)

4. Go over the guiminer file on your task bar and LEFT CLICK IT ONLY ONCE.

5. After left clicking it, only press ALT+SPACE and youll see a menu pop up with the minimize, maximize, bla bla bla selection. Just press the "X" key on your keyboard.

6. After you do that the window should appear fullscreen for you, to avoid losing it again DONT DO ANYTHING except dragging the client by the top bar and it will shrink back to normal size.

7. Huh?

8. PROFIT!

Send tips/spare change/payment for crazy videos over here 1FCFaPA6XESaQnJNVYYy458HLa44N3Lxth
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:20:34 PM

necroing a 1year old thread. wow

vitruvio

Activity: 850
Merit: 331

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 09:19:01 PM

Thank you for recovering this post, now I've fix it Cheesy

Regards
GernMiester

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 01:38:53 AM

Sounds like LEARN TO SEARCH is missing.
kevinm

Activity: 228

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:50:44 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2013, 05:57:33 AM by kevinm

I got the same thing just happen to me after the first successful trial launch and mining session with 1 card.
I closed it all down to add a second card, re booted then tried to launch guiminer.exe but the window did not appear, just the icon in the taskbar.
you gotta laugh havent you?

I will now try the fixes given above, thanks a lot, you guys rock   Smiley

UPDATE

Left click on background,
hover over icon in task bar and left click once,
press Alt + space
after drop down menu
press x
drag window from top to minimize

Worked a treat.
Thanks very much.

dont have any coins to donate yet but I wont forget  Smiley

Kev.
sLide.

Activity: 170

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:51:55 PM

I searched and searched on the forums to find this. 

directions are clear.  Thanks!

Aim - Slide.0
1J6UeiXtBYXmpA6uajRs3aJpUD1Tsj1CF3 - Tips?
Tamis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:57:05 PM

I had this problem too, the alt+space and move fixe worked !

Thanks Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: