Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:40:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you still support Ethereum, if Vitalik left it?  (Read 3063 times)
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 07:32:24 PM

The recent news about Vitalik Buterin considering to leave ETH for Google made me think about the potential aftermath of such situation. Of course, no one takes it seriously now, and neither do I. But what if something like this could really happen? Of course, we can be safe that it will not happen right now, and all of us understand it. But what if one day he really left the team of Ethereum, then would you personally continue supporting this coin? Or you think that ETH will just die without its creator?

Don't think Ethereum project would be still as powerful and famous in case Vitalik's gone. It's based mainly on his personality and obviously such a loss will cause a dramatic popularity decrease. Nobody will show his photo to friends, talk about young genius phenomenon and laugh at some funny gifs with him Smiley

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hirokazu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 07:58:37 PM

Of course I would, Ethereum now is bigger than just Vitalik Buterin alone, I know he's influence in the ethereum community cannot be undermined, But Bitcoin still does exist and is doing pretty great with the absence of Satoshi, even though is presence would have obviously made Bitcoin better. Vitalik absence will be duly felt but, that doesn't mean the project can't continue in his absence.
You're pretty right. Not only bitcoin, but doge also like that. From there we should be able to think, not always when the founder leaves, a platform will fall. Support from the community really can make dogecoin continue to live until today, especially with ethereum which has a community greater than dogecoin.
criket

Activity: 896
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:02:22 PM

You're pretty right. Not only bitcoin, but doge also like that. From there we should be able to think, not always when the founder leaves, a platform will fall. Support from the community really can make dogecoin continue to live until today, especially with ethereum which has a community greater than dogecoin.
if the community remains strong. of course it will keep eth on the market. the most important thing is, the community does not release their assets. as long as there is support from a very strong community, it will be a big step in supporting ethereum in the market.
kristensoto

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:08:39 PM

as an investors i will invest in ETH only when i see it still have potential to become stronger, so a founder like Vitalik wont be problem even if he left ETH, as long as ETH is well developed, it will stay strong for every long time, but if it can not hold any longer, i will use another altcoin.

nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 05:36:54 AM

I don't think the mainstream Ethereum token will lose its value for personal reasons. Unless the project token is still in its infancy, it will definitely die halfway along with the CEO's departure.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 05:51:27 AM

That's not going to happen ,vitalik is the kind of guy that knows what's doing ,I'm a huge fan of ethereum and its smart contracts idea ,the next coming upgrade has more surprises under its sleeve ,I'm sure whatever the guy decides for ethereum is the best choice for it ,the guy is very talented

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
bp124

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 06:05:08 AM

Viktalik is the founder & core member  of ETH netowrk , when he leaves ,  investor who are holding ETH will panic so its going have allot of effect on ETH price , Right Now people believe even  if satoshi reveal him self bitcoin will attract new investor on board , As a crypto enthusiast Viktalik leaving ETH will cause fear and panic which will not attract me to hold ETH ..

Tukang Becak

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:08:22 AM

Of course, ethereum is the second coin after bitcoin so we are most worthy of support, I am sure that when the market recovers it will have a major impact on the increase in ethereum prices, this is because ethereum is used as a transaction fee of more than 100 ethereum based tokens.
nlaara12

Activity: 238
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 06:08:43 AM

No disrespect to Vitalik,but the truth is that,if he should leave today,live will surely continue with or without Vitalik.Bitcoin has come to stay.

imusify  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
DiscordProduct DemoO3 Wallet :: Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper  ❰  ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN  ❱  Explainer Video
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:17:27 AM

In many respects will depend on for what reason and how Buterin will leave his project. If this happens with dignity and does not cast a shadow of doubt on the ethereum coin itself, then this should not have a negative impact on the prospects of the ethereum project. The main thing is that this project develops and a good team continues to work in it.
Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 06:30:57 AM

In many respects will depend on for what reason and how Buterin will leave his project. If this happens with dignity and does not cast a shadow of doubt on the ethereum coin itself, then this should not have a negative impact on the prospects of the ethereum project. The main thing is that this project develops and a good team continues to work in it.
Even though, I'm not sure about the future of Ethereum if Vitalik abandoned the Ethereum project. Good or bad Vitalik reasons, this can cause electability of the Ethereum coin will decrease.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 06:36:49 AM

The recent news about Vitalik Buterin considering to leave ETH for Google made me think about the potential aftermath of such situation. Of course, no one takes it seriously now, and neither do I. But what if something like this could really happen? Of course, we can be safe that it will not happen right now, and all of us understand it. But what if one day he really left the team of Ethereum, then would you personally continue supporting this coin? Or you think that ETH will just die without its creator?
I will still support Ethereum platform of course. Bitcoin and Ethereum are the most popular platforms used and adopted by cryptocurrency community so I think even if Vitalik will leave as a team Ethereum will still be a great platform and will still earn respect and support from the community. Traders, investors and developers use Ethereum most of the time so I think it won't die.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Igor.J

Activity: 350

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:51:42 AM

Ether, although it has no development, but demand and capitalization do their work. And about the founder, he no longer thinks about the ether, on the one hand it will continue to develop correctly, but you need to be responsible to all the products he created.

innocentone
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:56:05 AM

Of course I will still support the ethereum becase Vitalik said it himself that ethereum is self sustainable now and it now can work on its own. Yes, Vitalik's job for ethereum is done but ofcourse he can still innovate his idea and create new and fresh one but ethereum is built already and I will support it until the end.

killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 07:17:11 AM

Ethereum does not stay in one single person, no matter if this is Vitalik or someone else.

Behind eth there is an entire team that will continue to improve eth with or without Vitalik.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Abosede

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 07:29:53 AM

It is normal to have a developer for every project but that dies not mean that project cannot survive without the developer,as long as the community at large is still in support of of any project, the project will surely strive.Ethereum has become the coin of the community and also the survival of my project is also attach to ethereum, so even if vitalik leave I will continue to support ethereum as long ethereum is still enjoying the support of the community.
sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 07:43:41 AM

I think a big no to your suspicion that ethereum will die if Vitalik leaves. Another better person would replace him in case of his departure. It maybe his departure would affect the project a bit. But it is unlikely that the project would die. Though a good team is crucial for a project, the project is not necessarily dependent on one member of the team. There is a system in a team, and the project will run on that system regardless of a member leaving. But good news is that Vitalik is not leaving.     

Grechkatx

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 07:53:38 AM

He wanted stability for Ethereum and low price, so if he leaves the project, then everyone can exhale with relief, especially since the team consists of more than one person
sixexgames

Activity: 406

One Social Network

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 07:55:14 AM

Easy question. Yes. I wasn't interested in Ethereum because of him. I mean I like Vitalik but he's not the end all be all of Ethereum. And at some point it's inevitable that he will no longer be working on Ethereum.

Summation

Activity: 210
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 07:57:03 AM

Vitalik is just one of the members of the Ethereum development team. Maybe he is the most important person, but he doesn't mean all. In other words, if Ethereum left Vitalik still alive and will not die.
Now there is one of the best case is Bitcoin. After the creation of Bitcoin, Nakamoto Satoshi has disappeared, but Bitcoin has not died because of the departure of Nakamoto Satoshi. On the contrary, Bitcoin is now alive.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: