Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:50:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you still support Ethereum, if Vitalik left it?  (Read 3072 times)
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:57:02 AM

Even if vitalik decided to leave the ethereum project, i would still remain a part of it because ethereum has managed to grow to a point where it can stand on its own just like bitcoin did and there is no telling what would happen of he left, it might affect the price and the price might fall down for a while but there would not be a lot of negative effect on it and it would bounce back
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:01:59 AM

Lolz. Vitlik will never leave the crypto or ETH for the purpose of joining the google. Do you really think that Vitalik a co-foudner of the ETHERUM will leave it as it is and go to work under some other manager? Come on google might offer a job but they might give him? CEO post!  Roll Eyes

I dont think so. He is having his own potential project that can someday take over many automised stuff and thus ETH makes something bigger part of Vitalik.

But lets just consider if Vitalik left then also ETH will work just fine because there is huge demand for it and it is still being fulfilled by the project thus making it far more visible than other projects. This makes sense why it is on the top too.
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 10:04:48 AM

The recent news about Vitalik Buterin considering to leave ETH for Google made me think about the potential aftermath of such situation. Of course, no one takes it seriously now, and neither do I. But what if something like this could really happen? Of course, we can be safe that it will not happen right now, and all of us understand it. But what if one day he really left the team of Ethereum, then would you personally continue supporting this coin? Or you think that ETH will just die without its creator?
Ethereum is a platform, perhaps, today the best of those that have been presented. Vitalik is its Creator, it is his child. Even if he sees great prospects in Google and leaves the project, I do not think that will break all relations with the team, and will continue to work on the project, but in a different role. Now behind the platform there are a lot of people and even after losing Vitalik, the platform will continue to exist and lead the market.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
Cult

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 01:23:57 PM

That would depend on who he would be replaced by and how transition is conducted. Of course, such an event would drop ETH price dramatically for a while.

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
CrimsonGT

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:31:08 PM

I would watch after the market and it trends if Vitalik left Etherium. But I still think it is a good strong alt who can still survive without his creator as it has strong technologies and is involved in many projects
Drachmadev

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:48:28 PM

The rest of ETH team would keep it going
Why would people stop supporting ETH is he left

ETH is a coin not one person
Gras

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:11:55 PM

The recent news about Vitalik Buterin considering to leave ETH for Google made me think about the potential aftermath of such situation. Of course, no one takes it seriously now, and neither do I. But what if something like this could really happen? Of course, we can be safe that it will not happen right now, and all of us understand it. But what if one day he really left the team of Ethereum, then would you personally continue supporting this coin? Or you think that ETH will just die without its creator?

I think that the project should not be based on one person. I am sure that over time the Ethereum Will become such a powerful platform that it will not depend on one person. Although at the moment the value of Vitalik Buterin for Ethereum is huge. In my opinion, as the Ethereum develops, its importance will be lower.

https://www.INTEGRITY.one/
[    JOIN THE WHITELIST!    ]
The Blockchain Platform that Empowers Small Business & Entrepreneurs to WIN[/center
singpolyma

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:14:02 PM

This is an unexpected question because I have not heard before that he is going to leave the campaign. I think it's worth spending some time observing the company's policies, and then making a decision.
fraufreiheit

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:32:35 PM

Lolz. Vitlik will never leave the crypto or ETH for the purpose of joining the google. Do you really think that Vitalik a co-foudner of the ETHERUM will leave it as it is and go to work under some other manager? Come on google might offer a job but they might give him? CEO post!  Roll Eyes

Read the first post more attentively. No one never stated that he will really leave crypto, it is mentioned that the topic starter knows for sure it will not happen at least now and probably any time soon. The question is about what we support more - the creator or the creation. So many people now wand to find and deanonimize Nakamoto... He means a lot for community. But Vitalik is not so important as I see.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
tayxsvws

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:35:17 PM

If he joins Goog Le, I still support ETH and I will support Vitalik Buterin, we all know that Vitalik Buterin is a perfectionist, and that his ETH is a perfect block chain project, I think ETH will continue to develop, and will not receive the effect of Vitalik Buterin.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:37:23 PM

He initiated the whole thing with some vision so I dont think that he will ever think of leaving the ETH over other services offered to him. If he does leave then I am sure people will actually invest more into ETH just to show the respect to vitalik and tell him that we miss him.  Tongue This kind of stuff do happen in this world and who knows he might just come back into ETH and people will put more and he will spike the coin like very crazy. Believe me thats the storyline which will happen if something like that happen or even comes in the news.

I will still support it for sure.
KJMZNine

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:37:34 PM

This is a very good questions, I am a big supporter of Ethereum becaue of Vitalik. He is a really great brain and he really knows what he is doing, other devs really don't know what they are doing. I think I would dump some ETH if he leave he team. But I  would also hold, because there could come a new brain Smiley
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:41:55 PM

If Google, has enough knowledge when it comes to cryptocurrency, then I think that would be fine. If the project development won't change then Ethereum will still have a bright future. But if Google managed to make a better project development, and a better team behind it the future of Ethereum can be brighter especially if Google will own it since Google is already a big name in business industries.

Rinaldi11

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:44:36 PM

According to several sources, the multinational company is concentrating on acquiring startups with digital ledger expertise. They are currently exploring various areas of blockchain and cryptocurrencies such as, the cryptographic structures that support coins like Bitcoin BTC and Ethereum [ETH]. While Google is gradually revealing their moves on Blockchain technology, a recent tweet by Vitalik Buterin, the young CEO of Ethereum, has left the cryptocurrency followers flabbergasted. Vitalik’s tweet contained a screenshot of a portion of an email sent by Google’s recruitment team, which showed their interest in onboarding the programmer. Along with the screenshot, he also added a Twitter poll, seeking opinions from his followers.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:46:47 PM

He created a poll then deleted it later on but the news spread like virus.

If something like this happened suddenly then ETH can be fully decentralized I guess since it's main developer left. And if by chance this will come, I don't think that ETH will die that way easily.
larks500

Activity: 616
Merit: 114

Bountylord.com

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 03:48:49 PM

I don't think that Ethereum so strictly depends from Buterin. Yes Vitalik it is the face of Ethereum, but many brilliant developers have been ivolved to the development of Ethereum blockchain and I think the core team is the most important.

osmo

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:49:06 PM

it would be better if the etherum stays with the creator, because it becomes the confidence of the investors, but if google that replaces it in my opinion no problem because google good in my opinion, we wait for further news

LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:54:48 PM

I don't believe such news. But, if it's true, then I think I will keep supporting it. I mean like, Ethereum has a really big community now.
But, we can't deny that if he really left, the price might dump a little, or might even bigger. Well, the co-founder himselft left its "child". But let's not forget about all the team behind it. They must've prepared something for the worst.
sri11

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:55:30 PM

it is unlikely vitalic to abandon ethereum, in fact etheriun not made by vitalics alone but with a team, until now they remain committed to advancing his project, the second ethereum under the bitcoin of his popularity increases so it is impossible etherium dies in leaving vitalik
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:58:40 PM

We do have our own personal opinions about this matter and most of us still believes with this genius, vitalik and ETH can't be separated even if he will accept the offer, I personally thinks that he knew that this project already been successful and he already been engaged with it, its just another positive things to consider as Google really eyeing to crypto and maybe they are planning to have their own coins so they needed vitalik to begin with, though its just my personal thing and I don't have concrete evidence to claim it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: