Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:22:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you still support Ethereum, if Vitalik left it?  (Read 3063 times)
militan01

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:32:38 PM

The recent news about Vitalik Buterin considering to leave ETH for Google made me think about the potential aftermath of such situation. Of course, no one takes it seriously now, and neither do I. But what if something like this could really happen? Of course, we can be safe that it will not happen right now, and all of us understand it. But what if one day he really left the team of Ethereum, then would you personally continue supporting this coin? Or you think that ETH will just die without its creator?
I hope it will happen, because there will be panic and the price will be very cheap before going back up as it should.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tysavbde

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:15:52 PM

ETH is not because Vitalik is a great man, even if Vitalik left Google to pursue his dream, I will always support the ETH, which is my belief that it may change the world of our future.
antonfalcon

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 10:52:21 AM

I very much could read about Bouterin and I do not believe in this news! Very similar to a fake. The truth will sooner or later be revealed, we can only wait.
ananas99

Activity: 632
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:59:09 AM

The recent news about Vitalik Buterin considering to leave ETH for Google made me think about the potential aftermath of such situation. Of course, no one takes it seriously now, and neither do I. But what if something like this could really happen? Of course, we can be safe that it will not happen right now, and all of us understand it. But what if one day he really left the team of Ethereum, then would you personally continue supporting this coin? Or you think that ETH will just die without its creator?
I believe that even if the coin founder leaves, the demand for it will not fall. And so in his place I think a man can come no worse, with his team of course and give a strong push of a coin, that he will immediately overtake bitcoin. After all, all the changes are for the best.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
opeakande

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:03:52 AM

I still support the ethereum no matter what. He is a member of the team not the sole that developed the project. So his living means nothing to my trust in ethereum.
AlisaWhishie (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 04:35:06 PM

Assuming that it is going to happen, I do not think Ethereum will be greatly affected. It will be driven by community support. Just imagine bitcoin, nobody really cares now if Satoshi Nakamoto is alive or not.

Of course, community support is the main thing in every project, no matter whether it's just a startup, which no one has heard of yet, or top-2 project, such as ETH.
But now I see all of these really strange things happening withing the community - there really are Vitalik's haters, wanting him to leave! And also this strange situation about a month ago, when ETH team was having a secret meeting, and Vitalik hasn't even been invited or told about it...

Username741

Activity: 55
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:05:54 PM

If loss of Vitalik won't affect ethereum i don't see any reasons to abandon ethereum. And they have pretty good team, with or without Vitalik

⚫Darb   /   World’s first blockchainasset platform for everyone
https://darbfinance.com/
Julien_Olynpic
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2993

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:22:15 PM

It depends on how the price of the coin will behave in the long run. In principle, it's even good if Vitalik leaves the Etherium. This would be good for decentralization. It would be a test of sustainability.
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:55:45 PM

is very unfortunate and is bad news for the world of crypto especially ethereum, but ethereum has become the most important part in the world of crypto, and not just vitalik, but behind there is a big and strong team, so I will still support ethereum even without vitalik.

RealMean55

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:11:00 PM

Vitalik is basically the backbone of ETH, bUt this doesn't mean that he is God or something, Hi presence in ETH is important, and maybe the success of the coin depends on him, But his leaving will only make the coin even decentralized as i believe hes holding the controlling stake, sitoshi left and BTC got stronger, Maybe if he leaves, ETH WILL get to realize its potential
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 09:46:34 PM

That's horrible i think, Vitalik is the president of Ethereum and back up by different developers around the world. But Working on google is different scenario. If Vitalik made Ethereum on top 2 of CMC why would he leave?

csbsstudent

Activity: 161
Merit: 2

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:32:37 AM

I’m sure in ETH most of all among altcoins. As for me, it has had a great experience. Its position on cthe current market makes me sure that it will be for a long time.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
https://wppenergy.io
ElenaN

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:03:29 AM

I very much hope that this will not happen, but the etherium platform was created not by one Vitalik.
carlzhao

Activity: 120

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:15:51 AM

ETH has become quite independent for the last time, so I think it will be able to improve with its own. And of course I will support it in different situations.

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
andeonnut

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:17:11 AM

This is a really interesting question since most Bitcoin maximalists argue that Vitalik is the single point of failure.

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
Best Coin8

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:24:30 PM

I believe more in the ecosystem of the Ethereum than in its development team. I'm sure that this coin will be all right.
79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX

Activity: 660
Merit: 101

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:26:29 PM

Certainly I will continue to support and support Ethereum. Because I like it very much. Vitalik buterin is a talented guy of the world. And he will never leave Ethereum

Adunni6758

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:51:23 PM

The abandonment on ethereum by vitalik does not mark the end of ethereum. Just as we all know that Satoshi was they key player in the invention of bitcoin, today nobody know who he is and no one knows his whereabout, yet bitcoin is still in existence. Yet, the same is applicable to ethereum.
Noizebtc

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:54:39 PM

And what makes you think that Vitalik will leave his coin on which he works so hard with his team? I think that this will not be accurate, it is utter nonsense
[/quote]
Tyr808

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:57:18 PM

A poll would have been nice.
BTW the sole fact threads like this exist should make you think that one-man-projects have a big vulnerability.

Much safer and higher return is ETC.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: