Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:23:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you still support Ethereum, if Vitalik left it?  (Read 3065 times)
imgoinforbitcoin

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:12:19 AM

The recent news about Vitalik Buterin considering to leave ETH for Google made me think about the potential aftermath of such situation. Of course, no one takes it seriously now, and neither do I. But what if something like this could really happen? Of course, we can be safe that it will not happen right now, and all of us understand it. But what if one day he really left the team of Ethereum, then would you personally continue supporting this coin? Or you think that ETH will just die without its creator?

I would, but the thing is that if he lives then the coin will likely suffer from some losses for a while before it can get back on its feet again. I think that a lot of peopel like me would not leave the project but the creator of a coin leaving their own coin is one thing that might put a lot of people off their gam and cause them to start panicking and selling their coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
locsta123

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:14:43 AM

If vitalik let I would buy MORE ethereum haha I think the guy is a bit of a weirdo he talks very strangely and I dont like his recent comment about how nothing can go 1000x in this space hes like fudding his own stuff (also WEIRD).....
juperos

Activity: 459
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:15:53 AM

The recent news about Vitalik Buterin considering to leave ETH for Google made me think about the potential aftermath of such situation. Of course, no one takes it seriously now, and neither do I. But what if something like this could really happen? Of course, we can be safe that it will not happen right now, and all of us understand it. But what if one day he really left the team of Ethereum, then would you personally continue supporting this coin? Or you think that ETH will just die without its creator?
I would definitely not invest in ETH if Vitalik escaped his business. Because no one can handle ETH as well as him. he has given birth to it, he will work hard to make it grow stronger and no one is as passionate as him.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:05:05 PM

He is facing a massive backlash from the social networking community of Twitter, believing that blockchain and crypto will not grow as fast as they once did. I think that even though he founded ETH, he was not the best in the ETH team
yayat

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:21:08 PM

He is facing a massive backlash from the social networking community of Twitter, believing that blockchain and crypto will not grow as fast as they once did. I think that even though he founded ETH, he was not the best in the ETH team

Hopefully it's not like that because Vitalik Buterin is a pioneer for Ethereum.
But still, the Team is a bunch of strong people who can support an Ethereum.

For me it doesn't matter if Vitalik leaves Etheruem, because I will continue to hold Ethereum.
Maximal-Ether

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:24:32 PM

I was a fan of this crypto currency until today. But when the course collapsed. I do not know what to say anymore. Can I so believe in the future of Ether? Although I very much hope to restore this crypto currency. This is a strong platform. And the main thing is very multifunctional.
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:28:24 PM

I think that yes, I will continue to support the ETH project, since despite the fact that Vitalik Buterin is the founder of the project, I still think that the project can already work independently, but still with Vitalik is calmer
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:32:38 PM

Hello. Bitcoin is an example of a product that have been left by its creator.
It doesnt mean it will not continue, although the value might really drop for trust issues since other investors are just staying because he is still around.
I dont think it will be left like a dust. There are still other people behind it and it is not just Vitalik out there.
He may be just down because of the dumps that happened.
ethalliance

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:37:00 PM

I will support this crypto currency in any case. So, as I consider it worthy and necessary in the market crypto-currency. This is a very strong platform. Which connects a lot and many.
settingwake

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:38:13 PM

yes i would, considering that i love the platform not the person, but hopefully he stays
zxl912157

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:11:42 AM

Maybe this is an issue created to create panic among Ethereum holders, because this is very similar to the issue of Bitcoin, which was left dead by its founder, this issue proved to cause a lot of panic among investors, resulting in panic sales, and prices sinking. I will keep holding Ethereum because Vitalik is a smart person and he knows what to do.
Vitalik is not only a smart person but he is a genius and fahham will need the market.
But I will continue to support Ethereum even though Vitalik left Etheruem because Etheruem was founded by the team, not only Vitalik.
DreamCayman

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:01:15 PM

Vitalik Buterin will not abandon his brainchild of Ethereum. I would not even discuss it, so as not to affect the price of Ethereum. Ethereum and so experiencing in real time is not the best situation.
blogardianz

Activity: 213
Merit: 11

[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:06:07 PM

Well, I can say that ETH will not die without Vitalik. But maybe will give a temporary impact to the Etherum community.
Same as Bitcoin, without Satoshi, Bitcoin still lives until now.

rasulibragimavic

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:14:19 PM

Vitaly Buterin is a smart and reasonable person I do not think that he will leave his own successful project that is developing rapidly , but if this happens then the new developers will also be able to promote it and maybe it will be even better !

VENUSENERGY | CRYPTOCURRENCY  M I N I N G
https://venusenergy.io/
Merdeop

Activity: 152

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:32:18 PM

If Vitalik leaves, it does not mean that ethereum will stop developing or become less valuable and in demand. Vitalik is not the only person who manages the work on ethereum. I doubt that he actually will leave.

■ KuBitX ■
█ Cryptocurrency Exchange & Trading Platform █
focused on:  knowledge | security | accessibility | excellence | ethics
handyhuman

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:37:43 PM

Vitalik is a wise guy. He knows if he leaves Ethereum, he will regret it and he will receive so many threats for leaving his creation. unless of course he opens up another enticing offer such as new coin to invest with.
simplelamp

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:42:42 PM

I am here for eth, not vitlik
primer61

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:46:44 PM

Vitalik is not Etherium, it is maintained by the team consisting of about 1000 programmers (don`t call me on that, I saw this fact yesterday but now I can`t find where) and even if he leaves, somebody else will take his place as representative.
I just wonder what Google can offer that is better than what he has now...
kanayaTabitha

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:51:20 PM

eth won't die when Vitalik leaves it, because eth is very strong with its smart contract system. many tokens have joined in, maybe it won't just die.
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:55:44 PM

It is clear that market cryptocurrencies are decentralized, ethereum is a good and promising coin and can be said to last a long time even though the ethereum founder or Mr.  Vitalik left.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: