Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:46:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-01-14] “Bubble” or “Ponzi scheme”: Chinese media keep bashing Bitcoin  (Read 1194 times)
AnhBen (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 05:30:20 PM

“Bubble” or “Ponzi scheme”: Chinese media keep bashing Bitcoin
http://kculshare.com/2014/01/bubble-or-ponzi-scheme-chinese-media-keep-bashing-bitcoin

What do you think?

Twitter @iKcul
Best news agg: http://KculShare.com
XPM: AVmbdubJMrEDBgpvxaXGTqtdB8C2CRSk7f
tsoPANos

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

In math we trust.

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:38:33 PM

I predict bitcoin at 440$ in one week with this...
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:59:03 PM

In holland they did the same , nobody listens.
it is predictble so why so suprised....
in china informal gold and sliver payments are normal , this has a reason.
so bitcoin will be informal too for a while.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 11:23:54 PM

you are dreaming  Cheesy

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:25:24 PM

http://kculshare.com/2014/01/bubble-or-ponzi-scheme-chinese-media-keep-bashing-bitcoin

What do you think?

no one falls for their lame ass schemes to buy cheap coins no more ...
jdbtracker

Activity: 727

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:41:34 PM

With what has been happening in the technology world... lol, It's the people who will win, not the governments or corporations. I'm happy they are reacting like this, even if it is for cheap coins, it means that once the rest of the Cryptocurrency ecosystem is up and running the little people will have a bigger share than the big players that are soon to be forced to play the BTC game.

The Chinese will be forced to buy at 1 million when the time comes. Hopefully the Chinese people will find a way to get in the game.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
bitbouillion

Activity: 868
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:44:11 PM

What do you think?

Negative psychology.

oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:05:06 AM

The medias in China probably are more culpable than PBOC for the last crash. All the published policies of PBOC to date are, after all, already implemented in the western nations, real name accounts which only accepts bank transfers, and in China the verification can be done in minutes: put your ID card number and your name in and you are good to go. The Chinese social networks are saturated with all kinds of Bitcoin rumors afterwards, a large percentage of them can be traced back to major news outlets.

It was also for the first time known to me that some of the most open Chinese medias which are famous for being outspoken against the government and calling for democratic reforms, actually hate Bitcoin so much. While they are certainly entitled to their POVs and it's understandable that most journalists are liberals and are naturally suspicious of "getting rich quick" sort of things, the difference between Chinese medias and their Western counterpart is that in China they sometimes directly fabricate facts. One of the major news outlet published a piece, "quoting" Huobi's CEO about a purported plan for Huobi to exit China given the hostile environment, this is a blatant lie and probably what causes the final dip of the price, Huobi has threatened a lawsuit afterwards.

It's great that after all these years of crying wolf many Chinese investors have learned to ignore them anyway.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:57:50 PM

I think you also need quotes around the word media when talking about the Chinese media. Totalitarian governments don't do media, they do propaganda.  

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
p2pbucks

Activity: 642

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:06:17 PM

must be typo! i know you mean 4400$  Wink
oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:14:42 PM

I think you also need quotes around the word media when talking about the Chinese media. Totalitarian governments don't do media, they do propaganda.  

Had those medias been the mouthpiece types I would have long ignored them, there are a few news outlets in China which withstanded multiple government attacks(Editor-in-Chief sacked and prisoned, etc) and stick to their POVs. Also China is strictly authoritarian rather than totalitarian, or I wouldn't even be posting here. Smiley

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 03:19:19 PM

Strange that I keep reading about "Communist China" in (at least nearly) all western media (no-one who I know that is Chinese thinks that China is communist - do you?).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:46:26 PM

Had those medias been the mouthpiece types I would have long ignored them, there are a few news outlets in China which withstanded multiple government attacks(Editor-in-Chief sacked and prisoned, etc) and stick to their POVs. Also China is strictly authoritarian rather than totalitarian, or I wouldn't even be posting here. Smiley
Authoritarian is a better word then. Still the press is not free in China. 

Strange that I keep reading about "Communist China" in (at least nearly) all western media (no-one who I know that is Chinese thinks that China is communist - do you?).
I think they are unsure of what they are. The money is just to good to let pass. On paper they are a one party system, and that party is the communist party. It's not the western media that says that. It is China.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 03:56:20 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 04:22:39 PM by CIYAM Open

It's not the western media that says that. It is China.

I read it in western media articles about China every day - so this is actually *western propaganda". Smiley

How about you try googling: "communist china" :abcnews

Chinese are not confused and why would the western press report what the Chinese government "calls itself" if they only "report the truth"?

It *is* the western media that says it (and surely they should ignore what China says as they are always happy to attack China over Tibet, Taiwan or Xinjiang).

I find it funny that westerners are so sure that only the Chinese (and other non-western countries that don't follow their political systems) are *brainwashed*.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:26:02 PM

It's not the western media that says that. It is China.

I read it in western media articles about China every day - so this is actually *western propaganda". Smiley

How about you try googling: "communist china" :abcnews

Chinese are not confused and why would the western press report what the Chinese government "calls itself" if they only "report the truth"?

It *is* the western media that says it (and surely they should ignore what China says as they are always happy to attack China over Tibet, Taiwan or Xinjiang).

I find it funny that westerners are so sure that only the Chinese (and other non-western countries that don't follow their political systems) are *brainwashed*.

So they are not communists? Where are you getting that from?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_China

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 04:30:37 PM

Not Wikipedia please - what is your definition of communist (about now I am guessing you are an American)?

That would perhaps be a good start (and if you are talking about China today understand that it has absolutely nothing to do with Carl Marx).

BTW - I live in China (so I might have *some clue* about what I am on about).

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:34:56 PM

Not Wikipedia - what is your definition of communist?

That would perhaps be a good start (and if you are talking about China today it has absolutely nothing to do with Carl Marx).

I don't think we disagree here. China is officially communist. However they have been drifting toward capitalism for years. I guess it is a mixed economy?
And I don't think communism is a bad thing necessarily. It just hasn't worked in any pure form. Whatever they have, it will likely be the economy of the 21st. century.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 04:40:14 PM

I don't think we disagree here. China is officially communist. However they have been drifting toward capitalism for years. I guess it is a mixed economy?
And I don't think communism is a bad thing necessarily. It just hasn't worked in any pure form. Whatever they have, it will likely be the economy of the 21st. century.

Okay - sorry I misjudged you - I think you do have a good idea about what the reality is (the media distorts it from both sides).

It's hard to know what system will end up prevailing but I do know that in Australia (where I originally come from) we have had no new significant infrastructure built in more than 30 years but in China they have built whole cities in less than half that time.

Personally I think if you can enjoy life and live in a place that has good infrastructure and services then it is a pretty good thing no matter what the supposed political system is.

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:26:14 PM

Personally I think if you can enjoy life and live in a place that has good infrastructure and services then it is a pretty good thing no matter what the supposed political system is.

Amen. Wealth seems to fix everything. Maybe it makes governments more confident and less fearful when they are on top? When I was a kid China was more like North Korea is today. Now it has vestiges of the "Mao suit" culture, but is much more of a normal nation.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 05:29:29 PM

When I was a kid China was more like North Korea is today. Now it has vestiges of the "Mao suit" culture, but is much more of a normal nation.

True for me also (and my mother-in-law grew up in Mao's China and got no education because of it).

Interestingly enough now most Chinese feel very sorry for their North Korean neighbours as they appear to be "so brainwashed". Wink

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: