Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:34:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [EAC] Thoughts on Earthcoin? Cryptsy made things worse?  (Read 835 times)
Clyze (OP)

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Invest in your future.

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:44:59 PM

Hey guys Clyze here,

Title says it all. I'd like your opinions about EAC. Do you think this coin has long-term potential? Are the Devs dumping the coin? Throw your words in this discussion and express yourself!

Cheers,

Clyze

Invest in your future.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:46:25 PM

I better hope so. I've put most of money in it Sad

But what I really think (and especially hope) is that people are selling now to buy even cheaper and that it will skyrocket again soon. And longterm it should be a pretty good coin.
therobotswillwin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:49:14 PM

Haven't decided yet if this is a coin I will jump on or not.  Nothing revolutionary about it, just depends on devs and adoption.
Kruncha

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:55:11 PM

This coin has no future, a 300million premine and a campaign to give loads of newbies a false belief of ownership. If this coin passes it's first problem, because of a strong working development team, then I may reconsider.

K.
TimFChavez

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:58:25 PM

Title says it all. I'd like your opinions about EAC. Do you think this coin has long-term potential? Are the Devs dumping the coin? Throw your words in this discussion and express yourself

Why is it going down? Total coins will be 13.5 billion coins

The multipools are killing the coin. Since they pound on the 'most profitable coin at the moment' and then they dump their coins for what ever price of BTC at the end/start of each day.

It may keep going down for the next five month until the block payout get halved which is about every 6 months. So if it will rebound it will be 4~5 months from now.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:01:00 PM

101 similar coins out there, people voting to list just to dump (no one votes to list to buy now do they).

And people starting to wise up to how big a number a billion actually is particularly in the rather small niche community Wink
TimFChavez

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:03:31 PM

I'd really like to know if the Dev is dumping though. Anyone know anything about this?

As the Devs for their wallet address and use the block explorer and see what they have and what they spent.

Scribbles646

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:20:26 PM

It was obvious to me anyway that people were looking forward to cryptsy simply for the resulting spike and dump.
Coin overvaluation is epidemic, one cannot expect a tiny market to have such a large valuation for long without a really good reason, and the truth is the vast majority of these coins being released have no compelling reason to be valued as they are, anyone that runs the numbers will quickly find out that for most them value will quickly and predictably fall.
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:26:14 PM

101 similar coins out there, people voting to list just to dump (no one votes to list to buy now do they).

And people starting to wise up to how big a number a billion actually is particularly in the rather small niche community Wink

Maybe the problem is, that they are buying the community. What is a strong community? People work on it for free. Sure, they buy and mine coins, but they don't get them for free. They use a scarse good to contribute. Their time, mining power, money etc. How strong is the community when I hand out 1000 xCoin for free and give them 2000 when they vote for Cryptsy?

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:39:06 PM

Multi pools I am sure. Once it hit crypsty, multi pools rape coin and then dump in massive numbers. Once your coin is worth shit they move onto the next coin and repeat the process. You are almost forced to dump your coins to start with before the multipools hit because they will wipe out any buy orders they are in a matter of hours

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:06:00 PM

EAC was just overvalued from the beginning, it should be trading at around 120 - 150. By putting it ion coinedup and other sites it was give a wrong image of the real value of this coin. Math is very easy, take the current price and multiple it with all the coins and then compare it to other coins and then you will find out that a value at 200 or more was really crazy.
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:08:32 PM

Multi pools I am sure. Once it hit crypsty, multi pools rape coin and then dump in massive numbers. Once your coin is worth shit they move onto the next coin and repeat the process. You are almost forced to dump your coins to start with before the multipools hit because they will wipe out any buy orders they are in a matter of hours

Correct, but that is why i love KDC, they are growning slowly, not a lot of hype around it, but network hashrate has increased from 100Mh/s to 150Mh/s and no big players with more then 10000kh/s, so this means that the coins are spread over a lot of people, more then 150 miners, so this is a coin when it hit the market that will be very stable.
YourMine.org

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 11:11:56 PM

Yes it's a shame it was looking like a good coin.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:12:31 PM

If adding your coin to cryptsy is the only way to give it perceived value....well you're in trouble right there.

Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 11:16:10 PM

The premine is a pretty sad thing yes, but on the other hand; lots of other alt coins with potential have an insane premine. I don't get how EAC is being massively hated on the premine and the other coins aren't. I'd really like to know if the Dev is dumping though. Anyone know anything about this?
Yes, it's being dumped as we speak. And after that, they'll have no motivation to continue working on the coin. Then they'll just release a new coin. You're a fool if you're buying this garbage.

tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:18:56 PM

earthcoin was a scam from the beginning. Its like people aren't learning their lesson. I mined and dump this trash over on coinedup the first chance I got. I feel bad for the sucker who bought from me. Scam coins keep on scamming. I also dumped Coinye yesterday over on 0daycoins. Did that shit ever feel good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: