Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:46:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proudhon...can you please send me 1 BTC as you promised? [Paid!]  (Read 4643 times)
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:22:03 PM

It's not the first time proudhon bets against bitcoin. I hope he has learned a lesson.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200663.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:24:27 PM

It's not the first time proudhon the fictional character Proudhon plays bets against bitcoin. I hope he has learned a lesson.

FTFY. Proudhon has so many bitcoins he likes to be generous and throw away a few in good fun! Smiley

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:24:50 PM

Then, be honest and send it back to him, the price didn't yet cross the 1000$ on bitstamp/btc-e.

In 2013? Of course it did!

Yes, it definitely did a month or so ago. And, I meant to pay him back then but I just forgot in the shuffle of the holidays and a busy work schedule.  

Seriously guys, please lay off of him about sending it back. He hasn't hassled me about it, he's been patient about it, and I just want him to have it.

And besides, it's only a matter of time before we get confirmed news from sources that the governments of the world will imprison anyone who holds bitcoin. Really, I'm just looking out for myself.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:25:53 PM

And besides, it's only a matter of time before we get confirmed news from sources that the governments of the world will imprison anyone who holds bitcoin. Really, I'm just looking out for myself.

Indeed. It's a good thing you got rid of that hot potato before you had to actually pay someone to take it from you! We all know that is coming sooner rather than later!

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:27:54 PM

It's not the first time proudhon bets against bitcoin. I hope he has learned a lesson.

Thankfully, Adam generously let me off the hook for that one. There was another one, if I recall, that I ended up paying out on, But I'm a little afraid to go digging around.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:01:07 PM

Yeah, there's this strange habit of people who are known to have lots of bitcoins, suddenly claiming they donated a bunch and lost a bunch and gave away a bunch and now have far less than they originally had.

Very convenient! Almost as if they worry the IRS is reading their forum posts ;-)

Just say "boating accident."
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 11:01:13 PM

Holy shit. I don't want to go to jail! What should I do?

Is it plausible to say that although blockchain and bitstamp could prove that I have had bitcoins I currently don't have any because I accidentally lost the private keys?

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:01:58 PM

Holy shit. I don't want to go to jail! What should I do?

Is it plausible to say that although blockchain and bitstamp could prove that I have had bitcoins I currently don't have any because I accidentally lost the private keys?

Hmm, let me talk to Satoshi and Matonis and I'll get back to you on that.

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:41:29 AM

Actually interesting how that would go in court. While with physical cash there always is some recepient (nobody would buy the "I burned it"), but "I lost the PK in hd crash" is quite a possible scenario now. Just present a broken notebook.

i am satoshi
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:13:11 AM

? lol ?

confirmed news from sources

^^ best part.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:15:52 PM

? lol ?

^^ best part.

i bet its the btc-e troll box

No way, didn't you hear, it already started! The FBI already imprisoned DPR and about 30 more people that held bitcoin; other countries will soon follow lead Cheesy

i am satoshi
michaelGedi

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:38:25 PM

? lol ?

^^ best part.

i bet its the btc-e troll box

No way, didn't you hear, it already started! The FBI already imprisoned DPR and about 30 more people that held bitcoin; other countries will soon follow lead Cheesy

yep, I saw those confirmed sources too... very worried about all this... have lost my private key now actually but still...

sources here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=FBI+SOURCES

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: