Bitcoin Forum
July 25, 2024, 08:04:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: with $2000 Which coins would you buy?  (Read 4760 times)
thaway

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:46:21 PM

Well I wouldn't buy now, chances are you're going to get better prices during the approach of Jan 31st.
I would invest the majority of your funds in bitcoin and maybe invest 20% over time in altcoins you believe in for the long term.
Just look for altcoins with a promising dev team and community.

I agree. It's not worth the risk right now for a new investor. However, with risk, comes the potential for greater rewards. If the market has already priced in China's constraints that are going into effect at the end of January, then come the end of the month the price could soar. That would be a reaction to it not dropping at the end of the month.

Remember, speculators, by definition, price in future events before they happen.

But for new investors, I would wait this out. It might buy you more coins if the market falls. If it does not fall, I bet it will rise over the long-term either way...so you won't miss out.
michaelb87

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:57:55 PM

Hedge it. Would put 25 percent in bitcoin, 25 percent in litecoin. The rest in the following:
Dogecoin: meme or not, lost of grow potential.
Nxt: will be big
Quark: buy time now, will grow this year
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:58:50 PM

falling in love at first sight with klondikecoin,
so if I have $2000, 75% for building mining rig and 25% definitely for buying klondikecoin  Cool

The question you have to ask, would be does anyone use this? It took 4 years to get any btc attention, so good luck. lol.

piropig

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:53:44 PM

worldcoin, bitcoin, sexcoin
nezarkadhem

Activity: 94

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 10:11:05 PM

For short term, I'd go for Terracoin. Just last night the network difficulty has shot up 50.1%. Another interesting one is Freicoin. You can buy BTC on an exchange, then buy these altcoins on cryptsy.

Litecoin would be a safe bet, as well as bitcoin. Pretty much all coins are pegged to these two. But if I were you, I'd keep an eye on these altcoins, and see what news circulates and make an investment decision based on that.

Good luck!

Awaiting the Neptune & Viper
Sido92

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:30:18 PM

I believe in DOGE. I would buy only it Smiley
snaildvorak

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:50:45 AM

so if I have $2000, 75% for building mining rig and 25% definitely for buying klondikecoin  Cool

what would you be mining? Surely 1500 aint gonna get you a BTC rig....LTC maybe?

would you mine Klondikecoin? could be a big investment for years of waiting for a return?

I am new to mining and had invested $1000, with that money i think it's not profitable for bitcoin mining,
so I look at alt coin, and the choice goes to klonedikecoin. It has great developer and strong believer, including me.
I don't mind waiting for years for ROI since I believe this coin will be the big thing  Cheesy

bitcoingeo1 (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:07:44 AM

so if I have $2000, 75% for building mining rig and 25% definitely for buying klondikecoin  Cool

what would you be mining? Surely 1500 aint gonna get you a BTC rig....LTC maybe?

would you mine Klondikecoin? could be a big investment for years of waiting for a return?

I am new to mining and had invested $1000, with that money i think it's not profitable for bitcoin mining,
so I look at alt coin, and the choice goes to klonedikecoin. It has great developer and strong believer, including me.
I don't mind waiting for years for ROI since I believe this coin will be the big thing  Cheesy

It look interesting, i like the idea. I have one issue though, if Klondike can only be mined for 3 years...it's very unlikely that that is long enough for merchants to get interested on a big enough scale. Therefore there's a chance i could have lots of klondikecoins and nothing to do with them, except change them into btc or ltc.

i think this is the main issue i have with 99% of altcoins...surely merchant adoption is key?
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 02:07:53 AM

Hi all,

You have 2000 US dollars.

How would you partition the money between different coins?

thanks for any replies

bitcoingeo1

We've been working super hard over the past 6 months improving the coin's fundamentals and growing the community. Take a look at Goldcoin and come see me on the forum for a few dozen free coins to get you started. I think you'll like what you find.
dailycoins

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

RatingExpertise.com

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 02:36:09 AM

If you don't want to take ANY risks I'd suggest that you invest only in Bitcoins.

toteti

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:37:18 AM

sure it is bitcoin
BawsyBoss

Activity: 389

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:38:19 AM

Bitcoin only.

Apparently we aren't allowed to demonstrate agreement with an opinion or add emphasis to a fact with a simple "+1".  I've recently had my "+1" posts removed.  Therefore, I'm typing out this message to indicate that I believe the quoted information needs extra emphasis to avoid being unnoticed in the rest of the chatter in this discussion. I may (or may not) also have added bold or underline tags to the text in the quote above to further emphasize the parts that I think are important to understand or be aware of.
Gotta love those rules, now ain't that right? Also, +1.

Forever strong.
prosheng

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:11:46 AM

Dogecoin-good potential,and the classic bitcoin

yep. it's true. bitcoin and dogecoin.

Altcoin Calendar for mining team
http://www.thecoindesk.com
broinc4

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:14:35 AM

BTC (85%) and LTC (15%)
e-CoinNextGen

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:10:05 AM

Invest in e-Coin. The next 2 generation crypto currency
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280

time

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:13:10 AM

Megacoin doesn't get enough exposure but I assure you it will be in the top 5 currencies by the end of 2014.

Buy BTC and LTC to get into other currencies then flip your earnings.

/thread.

Horses in midstream.
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 06:13:59 AM

Bitcoin all the way

slurm

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:42:26 AM

Doge and lite and 25% spread out among the new coins... but I like gambling...
Chroustostroj

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:07:05 AM

Guys seriously Doge Coin ? I know you love your dogs, I love mine too, but I would not invest real money on a coin based on a joke and hype.

My recommendation is World Coin. It has some features that other cryptos don't have and it is being developed for real use. There is also some serious development and support behind which I believe will make the price skyrocket next moth. WDC price is very low so I think NOW is the best time to buy.
The animals coin like Doge, Cat, Elephant etc. are just hype where you can gain in short-term, but I don't see a potential for long time investment.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4113

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:42:57 PM

I wouldn't waste any money on any other coins other than Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: