Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:37:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A confession  (Read 2328 times)
bitteriest (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:35:04 AM

Hi
I would like to make a small confession.
I work in a company that decided to add bitcoin payment to it's cart over a year ago.
I posted a few notes about it in the forum and other forums.
After a year+ we have it on line , the number of orders paid with bitcoin is ZERO !!! Yes. Zero.
And we have thousands of orders every year all paid with credit-cards/PayPal.

So this makes me think two things:
1) People are not really buying stuff with their bitcoin
2) The future of the bitcoin as real currency is gloom.

Please prove me wrong (as a person who hold a few coins....)

okimzti

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:40:51 AM

Hi
I work in a company that decided to add bitcoin payment to it's cart over a year ago.
After a year+ we have it on line , the number of orders paid with bitcoin is ZERO !!! Yes. Zero.

I would like to blame your advertising department Smiley  You are doing a better job than them, unless you are them!  Maybe create a company forum account and post under that with a link in the sig.  I look all the time for places that accept bitcoin, I find that lots are either closed down, or not accepting them anymore or setup a cookie cutter shop and forgot about it.

Also, you have to remember the percentage of bitcoin holders is very minimal.  A lot of people have never even heard of it until very recently, and definitely have no idea how to use it yet.  It will be slow to adopt, but the simple truth is, it is gaining traction, especially now that major online retailers are starting to accept it as well.

Soooo...what does the company sell, and how much are they? Smiley  
bitteriest (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:41:54 AM

www.snapily.com
We sell 3D/animated products that you can personalize.

I am not a marketing person in the company but I pushed the implement bitcoin payment.
We just don't see bitcoin orders coming in (comparing to thousands of orders in traditional payment methods)

perfectsquare

Activity: 70

LiveChains.Net

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 11:43:10 AM

We added crypto payments and doubbled or orders in 24hours so much so we had to suspend sales as demand clean outstripped supply, so id have to say your product is not appealing to people who use crypto or you havnt sufficently marketed for it, and you say you added it.... On whim?Huh was there demand for such a payment method???

LiveChains.net - Pool Rental Services & BlockChain Providers
bitteriest (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:45:34 AM

Guys , if you have any idea how to make people buy our products with bitcoins, I'll be grateful. So far, people just don't use it.
okimzti

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:45:57 AM

I was just looking back through your last posts and found it Smiley  I would say that your target market is probably not the most bitcoinfluent, and might be a good reason why you have seen 0 sales with it (along with the lack of btc exposure).  I don't see anywhere on the page where it says it accepts bitcoin.  I would have to want your product, configure your product and get into checkout before I would realize it was accepted.

I will keep the site in the back of my mind in case I ever need these services, but I honestly dont mess with pictures and such much.

Cheers and good luck on drawing up some biz!
perfectsquare

Activity: 70

LiveChains.Net

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 11:46:54 AM

Guys , if you have any idea how to make people buy our products with bitcoins, I'll be grateful. So far, people just don't use it.

BITCOIN ACCEPTED HERE ON THE HOME PAGE IS A START ;-)

LiveChains.net - Pool Rental Services & BlockChain Providers
okimzti

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:48:27 PM

LOL I just tried to sign up as an affiliate to promote your site and get you some bitcoin business and you all denied my affiliate application.

HAH Good luck!  This would definitely be one reason you guys see no bitcoin business in the future.
bitteriest (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:57:23 PM

okimzti - what is the name of your business ?
TheEmperor

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:00:19 PM

Market the shit out of that bitch.

Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, here and wherever else you frequent.

Get flyers made up and passed around your local town or city, colleges, etc, etc.

Seems like a product that would appeal to those looking for a personalised gift for someone.

I've seen websites with far less quality products and less amount of variety that process a lot of(if not all) payments in Bitcoin.

Implementing Bitcoin as a payment method is useless if you don't make people VERY aware of the fact you accept it. Your site should have it in bold writing, as well as maybe even a page where you explain about how people can use and obtain Bitcoin if they don't already know.

Do you even have a pr/marketing person Huh

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
3. Kill people with Kindness.
bitteriest (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:11:25 PM

Market the shit out of that bitch.

Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, here and wherever else you frequent.

Get flyers made up and passed around your local town or city, colleges, etc, etc.

Seems like a product that would appeal to those looking for a personalised gift for someone.

I've seen websites with far less quality products and less amount of variety that process a lot of(if not all) payments in Bitcoin.

Implementing Bitcoin as a payment method is useless if you don't make people VERY aware of the fact you accept it. Your site should have it in bold writing, as well as maybe even a page where you explain about how people can use and obtain Bitcoin if they don't already know.

Do you even have a pr/marketing person Huh

Thanks Man

We can surly make some improvements in the way with present the bitcoin payment.
I promise to report if we get some results....
Meanwhile, I invite you all to buy a 3D/ animated card. It's really cool. Honestly.
You can print your bitcoin QR code on the back. People keep these things.

Best !
TheEmperor

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:31:01 PM

I would certainly be interested in a phone case with my qr code on but it looks as if you only do iPhone cases. If you were to add the option(or even do some one off pieces) for Samsung S3 and S4 cases then I would make a purchase, using Bitcoin.

Drop me a PM if this is something you could do.

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 01:48:05 PM

Hi

You are right. Unless it's shady business, there's nothing only bit coin can do but paypal can't.

abomnibus

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:52:19 PM

Thanks Man

We can surly make some improvements in the way with present the bitcoin payment.
I promise to report if we get some results....
Meanwhile, I invite you all to buy a 3D/ animated card. It's really cool. Honestly.
You can print your bitcoin QR code on the back. People keep these things.

Best !

Two things about your website:
1. If you want to promote Bitcoin as a payment option you should have it mentioned somewhere on the front page of your website, possibly with the Bitcoin logo so people can quickly and easily identify that it is infact a payment option.

2. I couldn't find any contact information for your company - IE not knowing where it's located, and having no phone number I can reach your company at, I have serious reservations about making any sort of purchase.
Typically address information and phone number are listed either under the Contact Us page or the About us page - You haven't given the customer any way to verify that your company is real.
(I'm not saying its fake, I'm just pointing out there needs to be a sales phone number at least)
TheEmperor

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:05:06 PM

2. I couldn't find any contact information for your company - IE not knowing where it's located, and having no phone number I can reach your company at, I have serious reservations about making any sort of purchase.
Typically address information and phone number are listed either under the Contact Us page or the About us page - You haven't given the customer any way to verify that your company is real.
(I'm not saying its fake, I'm just pointing out there needs to be a sales phone number at least)

I agree with this actually. I just went to view your contact details and was quite shocked to not find any.

Just found that it's a subsiduary of Human Eyes Technologies based in Israel with a office in the US:

HeadQuarters — Israel

HumanEyes Technologies Ltd.

1-4 High Tech Village
Edmond Safra Campus
The Hebrew University, Givat Ram

P.O.Box 39063
91390 Jerusalem
Israel

How to reach us. Download Map: English, Hebrew

Tel: +972-2-651-8999
Fax: +972-2-6515188

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
bitteriest (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:20:28 PM

I agree with this actually. I just went to view your contact details and was quite shocked to not find any.

Just found that it's a subsiduary of Human Eyes Technologies based in Israel with a office in the US:

HeadQuarters — Israel

HumanEyes Technologies Ltd.

1-4 High Tech Village
Edmond Safra Campus
The Hebrew University, Givat Ram

P.O.Box 39063
91390 Jerusalem
Israel

How to reach us. Download Map: English, Hebrew

Tel: +972-2-651-8999
Fax: +972-2-6515188

Yes , Snapily.com is a sub-division of Humaneyes Technologies.
And yes, we are totally real. Our HeadQuarters is in Israel but our products are produced in the US.
BTW , we also appear in Snapfish.com , cafepress.com (but they don't accept bitcoins...)
jtz

Activity: 89

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:16:03 PM

I would like to + op message. I have myself added bitcoin payment for a compagny that sell health products and machines (juicer, health machines...). In 5 months, they sold for 10K€ of goods and 0BTC of good.

I know everyone is going to take out the overstock story and their 120K€ sales with BTC, but I think it's a fact that bitcoin is 99% greed and speculation and 1% money (used like a money).

My 2 cents.
NeedForBitcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:27:41 PM

That's sad, you almost made me buy your product out of pity.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 09:15:19 PM

www.snapily.com
We sell 3D/animated products that you can personalize.

I am not a marketing person in the company but I pushed the implement bitcoin payment.
We just don't see bitcoin orders coming in (comparing to thousands of orders in traditional payment methods)

While browsing on the iPhone your site shows an annoying " you must install flash" that blocks things that would even work without flash including the upper navigation bar.

Most webmasters do not show this message anymore (especially to mobile devices!) and just give the huge number of non flash users a reduced functionality.

SirBitsalot

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:48:28 PM

I assure you it's not with Bitcoins themselves, it's with the people. Either people don't know enough about Bitcoins and are scared off by the terminology and the "geeky" aspect to it, or they just don't feel like getting into something they don't know a whole lot about. I don't blame them!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: