Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:59:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] *PXL COIN* Mandatory Client Update / now supports Kimoto Gravity Well!  (Read 67775 times)
pyrofade

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:47:10 AM

Added coin request to Cryptsy. Please add your support for this coin. Thanks.

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/72797
+1'd from me
btcgoods

Activity: 103

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:19:32 AM

Minar.cc Status update

I am still unable to restart credit system DONE! FIXED PAYOUT SYSTEM, but all blocks and coins are indeed being found, as soon as i get this sort out everyone will get their coins!!!
I am really sorry, this coin had 1 SECOND block time for around 5k+ blocks and that is really hard on the payout system...

EDIT:
NOW PLEASE GIVE THE SYSTEM A LITTLE BIT OF TIME TO RECAP FOR ALL BLOCKS FOUND IN THE LAST 12 HOURS.
You can login to setup workers and start mining, but you wont see all your credits, they will start to show gradually as the system accounts all blocks.
A few minutes, at least 10 min to be sure..

Hmmm all those solved blocks while the site was "down" and only 200 PXL for all day of mining with 2.5 M/h, but was getting a far higher steady rate before it went "down", are the solved blocks while you were "down" still getting allocated? I hope so because it seems very convenient.
Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:15:11 AM

Pool status at time of post:

http://pxl.minar.cc
 Seems stuck at 14979? Shocked

good/working Cool:   http://pool.pxlcoin.com
good/working Cool:   http://pxl.bitember.com

difficulty increase ~900 blocks

gginer

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:37:13 AM

WTB 2000 PXL. PM offers!

Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO).  eP14cFcoFzszt3CiiBMyir8kjKLFRqMqJ5
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:57:13 AM

PXL Mac OS X Wallet

0.1 url = https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylsc6fg6s7lj4jx/Pxlcoin-Qt-MacOSX-instacash.zip

zip md5 = f671dd275bb95cb83f33e393f0b7ff69

PXL tips for me: 1BdWM4gPxMVkpgUdiowPYQb6kEVDDgaW18

Give it some time to sync with the network (it will!). Feel free to report errors via PM.
Broodvis

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:19:51 AM

What happens to the PXL when they are spent on the site? Do they just go to the developers or does something else happen?
savale

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 12:12:09 PM

Lets try to spend one Smiley

Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:37:18 PM

What happens to the PXL when they are spent on the site? Do they just go to the developers or does something else happen?

i agree we need to know the mechanism for management of pixel turnover, if any.

there is a problem with unlimited turnover if the devs intend to dump back into the market, that's why i haven't been interested in paying top prices for the coins.

i haven't said anything so far hoping they address the issue publicly, but i haven't seen the explanation yet. if there is a statement somewhere plz link/post it here, PXL devs, explain the plan with PXL turnover plz.

eg flip onto market @ market rate upon receipt could turnover all the available pixels rather quickly, even with laddered pricing in effect, when compared to a model where the pixels are absorbed permanently by the PXL devs/site and not redistributed to market.

we need to know which is the case to value the coin, otherwise there is too much risk of market collapse to support these high prices everyone is posting.

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
Palmdetroit
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:42:54 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 02:52:57 PM by Palmdetroit

there is a problem with unlimited turnover if the devs intend to dump back into the market, that's why i haven't been interested in paying top prices for the coins.

i haven't said anything so far hoping they address the issue publicly, but i haven't seen the explanation yet. if there is a statement somewhere plz link/post it here, PXL devs, explain the plan with PXL turnover plz.

eg flip onto market @ market rate upon receipt could turnover all the available pixels rather quickly, even with laddered pricing in effect, when compared to a model where the pixels are absorbed permanently by the PXL devs/site and not redistributed to market.

we need to know which is the case to value the coin, otherwise there is too much risk of market collapse to support these high prices everyone is posting.

This is a good question, and will ultimately have to be answered by Trip. I can say The launch was way more than expected TBH, We are ~30 something hours into launch so still trying to get caught up on the basics: messages,webpage, client, network, automation, sleep( I was just working on having the actual image show in each client, can decide on final image size later,(I vote 4k) with click-able links in client like the web page) so I'm sure he can address it when he's on in a bit, hang in there.  Cool

Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:58:16 PM

This is good question, and will ultimately have to be answered by Trip. I can say The launch was way more than expected TBH, We are ~30 something hours into launch so still trying to get caught up on the basics: messages,webpage, client, network, automation, sleep( I was just working on having the actual image show in each client, BTW still need to  decide on final image size,(I vote 4k) with click-able links in client like the web page) so I'm sure he can address it when he's on in a bit, hang in there.  Cool

ya and I want to point out I don't fear for the future of the coin, I think its first to market with a unique selling point, very interesting to see what develops. I think there is some good entertainment value here, and will be a cool project to see what people use the space for. my only concern is that unless everyone is thinking the same way the market could correct abruptly as people realise it operates differently than they thought.

I don't see a problem with either route, so long as its well explained how it will work, the built-in price laddering will ensure relative stability over the short-term, but over the medium term the expected fill rate changes dramatically if we assume all PXLs redeemed will be sold back into the market immediately. I don't really expect the market to accurately price this in, but at least those of us thinking about it can pretend we know whats going on. Smiley

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
pyrofade

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:59:01 PM

One way to permanently spend the coins on the site is once the payment is received and the image is posted to the wall the devs can then send the payment to a non-usable wallet address. This would be a way of 'burning' PXL - something similar to what Counter Party is doing. For those not familiar with that, it goes something like this:

Steps:
1) You send your email/payment/url/image to pxlcoin wall
2) Devs post the image on the wall
3) Devs send the payment to a wallet address like: 1PXLWALLxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa
(There is a checksum and you need to find a good address that you would be able to send the coins to.. but that's the basic idea)
4) The payment AND burn is then visible on the block explorer - this can even be made public on the PXLcoin web site with a filter just to show these payments.

Obviously that's just one way to do it.. but it should be fairly simple and straight forward. This would address the concerns of many.

Cheers!
strideknight

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:01:38 PM

Are you going to be able to change the image later?
campeck

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:04:25 PM

wondering the same thing.

Will the image space be transferable to another party ie can I resale my ad space? Can the links/images be changed?
pyrofade

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:05:52 PM

good questions... info on which should also be added to the main site.
Palmdetroit
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:08:46 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 03:20:44 PM by Palmdetroit

BTW anyone building clients please use most recent source,  new seed node, correct splash, speed up new user sync,etc.

Official QTs (and updated client for pools) will be posted later today after another update.

Palmdetroit
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:11:12 PM

Will the image space be transferable to another party ie can I resale my ad space? Can the links/images be changed?

Wow...Interesting idea.. maybe 3rd party exchange on the image space down the road, or sooner,.. and pixel squatters!  I'll let trip repond tho  Tongue

drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 03:40:35 PM

One way to permanently spend the coins on the site is once the payment is received and the image is posted to the wall the devs can then send the payment to a non-usable wallet address. This would be a way of 'burning' PXL - something similar to what Counter Party is doing. For those not familiar with that, it goes something like this:

Steps:
1) You send your email/payment/url/image to pxlcoin wall
2) Devs post the image on the wall
3) Devs send the payment to a wallet address like: 1PXLWALLxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa
(There is a checksum and you need to find a good address that you would be able to send the coins to.. but that's the basic idea)
4) The payment AND burn is then visible on the block explorer - this can even be made public on the PXLcoin web site with a filter just to show these payments.

Obviously that's just one way to do it.. but it should be fairly simple and straight forward. This would address the concerns of many.

Cheers!

"Burning the coins" would drive the price through the roof once the advertising bit takes off.  It would make mining new coins highly sought after.  I am also game with the reselling of the ad space as well.

Either way, it all leads to profitability of the website and coins.  All good ideas!

blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:14:47 PM

- I support 4K final image size (4K monitors will become more mainstream in another year or two).
- I support PXL burning as recycling PXLs defeats their whole purpose. Every PXL should forever be backed by space on the website.
- I support transferable ad space to help prevent PXL hoarding as people may be less inclined to purchase space if it's a one way purchase.

I really think the last one is interesting, because over the time the dev could make a time lapse video (maybe one frame per month) so we could look back at how the crypto market + internet evolved in sped up time.

This could turn out to be one of the most unique cryptos ever invented.
VST

Activity: 70

Activity: 6201360213601060620620192233720368547758

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:29:27 PM

PXL Mac OS X Wallet

0.1 url = https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylsc6fg6s7lj4jx/Pxlcoin-Qt-MacOSX-instacash.zip

zip md5 = f671dd275bb95cb83f33e393f0b7ff69

PXL tips for me: 1BdWM4gPxMVkpgUdiowPYQb6kEVDDgaW18

Give it some time to sync with the network (it will!). Feel free to report errors via PM.

This is really great!!

I'm Kanye West
Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:30:16 PM

Wow...Interesting idea.. maybe 3rd party exchange on the image space down the road, or sooner,.. and pixel squatters!  I'll let trip repond tho  Tongue

straight from devs, the image can be changed for a fee. not sure if its decided the fee yet.

so this should facilitate the ability to "sell your ad space" provided the fee is reasonable, which I would expect it to be.

as far as transferring your ad space to another party, we can expect to hear from devs what the policy is. I assume when you buy space you create an account id and that is how you can update your image (for a fee) and that this account will likely be transferable to another party. they will probably cap the transfers/time, eg 1 tx / month / space.

other interesting details to know:

-if transferable can we split up spaces or combine them?, what is the layout scheme for expansion to full size? can you select the exact position your image will show or do you request a general area?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: