Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:49:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] *PXL COIN* Mandatory Client Update / now supports Kimoto Gravity Well!  (Read 67775 times)
filipe3x

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:31:37 PM

+1 for burning the coins
+1 transferable ad space
Tripmode (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 05:34:59 PM

Let me answer a few questions:

What happens to PXLs sent to the website to purchase pixel space?
As of now we are focused on maintaining the coin and website.  Currently we don't plan on selling any coins. However this may change in the future and will depend on many factors, such as how many coins are available and what the demand is for advertising space on the site.  Most coins are not backed by anything.  PXL Coin is backed by advertising and a team of developers who work hard to make that advertising happen.  Once we have a more official policy, we will announce it. 

Can we resell our space?
One problem with this is we would have to track who-owns-what.  This is ultimately more work for the devs.  So we will charge a fee of 10% of the total sale to have this option in the future. So if your price for space is 600PXL, for an additional 60 PXL we will let you change the image in the future.  Each change will also cost 10% of the original price.   If you want to purchase this option, let us know.  I will add it to the form when we implement the ordering form but for now just mention it in your email / PM. Also, ad space will be owned by a specific email address.  We will keep track of this in our database.  All requests must come from that email address, and if you lose access to that address, we will have no other way to verify the request. When you want to make a "change", you can also transfer ownership to a NEW email address.

Will the size of the pixel wall change?
Currently the grid is 1000x1000.  We do plan to increase it to 1920x1080 (full HD). After that we may upgrade to "4k".  We also have other creative projects we are working on where people will be able to spend their PXL coins.  It does not end with pxlcoin.com!

Trade PXL and other coins at Atomic Trade!
enviouk

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:05:39 PM

Absolutely love the idea of this coin!  Grin
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:33:37 PM

As of now we are focused on maintaining the coin and website.  Currently we don't plan on selling any coins. However this may change in the future and will depend on many factors, such as how many coins are available and what the demand is for advertising space on the site.  Most coins are not backed by anything.  PXL Coin is backed by advertising and a team of developers who work hard to make that advertising happen.  Once we have a more official policy, we will announce it. 

Fair enough since its early.

But just a note I'm sure you're aware of : given of how this coin is setup, if you do resell them, it's going to artificially increase their supply and devalue them considering what the community sees them as being backed by. Miners are expecting 1PXL to be worth, well... one pixel. If the same PXLs are being sold multiple times over and over by devs, then 1 PXL is no longer really worth that? And then uncertainty = speculation. We know it's worth something, just not "how much" anymore. And the same would go for those looking to buy PXLs to obtain space.

Anyway, I hope you guys get something figured out that will really benefit both sides. If you have demand for more advertising, you could always set something up "outside" of the PXL space. Not to mention fee profits you would receive from the trading/transferring of "PXL space" if the advertising gets big.
Zombie123
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:16:22 PM

+1 for burning the coins
+1 transferable ad space

I don't see the coins being burned.
If those coins are re sold that severely devalues the coin
That's a red flag to me. For the time being I am not mining this coin for that reason.
If there is no transparency in where the pixels go there is less chance of this being successful
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 07:16:55 PM

But just a note I'm sure you're aware of : given of how this coin is setup, if you do resell them, it's going to artificially increase their supply and devalue them considering what the community sees them as being backed by. Miners are expecting 1PXL to be worth, well... one pixel. If the same PXLs are being sold multiple times over and over by devs, then 1 PXL is no longer really worth that? And then uncertainty = speculation. We know it's worth something, just not "how much" anymore. And the same would go for those looking to buy PXLs to obtain space.

Anyway, I hope you guys get something figured out that will really benefit both sides. If you have demand for more advertising, you could always set something up "outside" of the PXL space. Not to mention fee profits you would receive from the trading/transferring of "PXL space" if the advertising gets big.

Blade, sounds like you are talking about inflation of fiat currency...  LOL...  But seriously that should not be taken lightly because you are correct, 1 PXL would equate to an unknown amount of PXLs, it is a very fine border between a definitive amount of currency like cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies.  

drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 07:21:20 PM

+1 for burning the coins
+1 transferable ad space

That's a red flag to me. For the time being I am not mining this coin for that reason.
If there is no transparency in where the pixels go there is less chance of this being successful

There is no official policy yet as stated by dev.  You shouldn't be worried about anything at this point.  Quite frankly given the supply, this coin is already worth well over many other cryptos on the market.

Don't forget there is no premine on this and devs are not making anything.  Due to the different nature of this coin, the marketing behind it all, the devs DO deserve to get paid somehow, some way.

Tripmode (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 07:30:18 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 08:46:54 PM by Tripmode

As of now we are focused on maintaining the coin and website.  Currently we don't plan on selling any coins. However this may change in the future and will depend on many factors, such as how many coins are available and what the demand is for advertising space on the site.  Most coins are not backed by anything.  PXL Coin is backed by advertising and a team of developers who work hard to make that advertising happen.  Once we have a more official policy, we will announce it.

Trust me, I absolutely understand what you are saying.  I would also say that the team behind the website and the advertising is putting a lot of work into this. Maintaining the site and coin will basically become a full time job, and the devs have families and livelihoods to support.  So I think we can all agree that compensating the devs, who are adding value to the coin with all their hard work, is fair. If we do sell coins to please the demand for advertising, we will do so responsibly, and not in a way that will affect the price much. It is in everyone's best interest for the coin value to remain high, and if we recklessly sold coins we would be shooting ourselves in the foot.  I understand what you are saying about diluting value by reselling and recycling coins - but also keep in mind when the site goes 4k, that is 16,000,000 pixels, and with only 10,000,000 pixels ever being made (which could take many years) - we won't be able to sell every pixel without reselling.  When the time comes for this, we will be open and transparent in the process and communicate everything with the community.

EDIT: 4k resolution is about 8 million pixels.  Still, it will be many many years before there are 8million PXL mined.

sheinsha

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:34:02 PM

Minar.cc Status Update

• POOL IS RUNNING PPLNS AGAIN BETTER FOR LOYAL USERS
  • POOL IS UP TO DATE WITH BLOCK HEIGHT
  • POOL IS RUNNING MANUAL AND AUTO PAYOUTS EVERY MINUTE

So everyone is welcomed back at
pxl.minar.cc

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
savale

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 07:37:47 PM

thanks, it's a good pool!

pyrofade

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:53:47 PM

Trust me, I absolutely understand what you are saying.  I would also say that the team behind the website and the advertising is putting a lot of work into this. Maintaining the site and coin will basically become a full time job, and the devs have families and livelihoods to support.  So I think we can all agree that compensating the devs, who are adding value to the coin with all their hard work, is fair. If we do sell coins to please the demand for advertising, we will do so responsibly, and not in a way that will affect the price much. It is in everyone's best interest for the coin value to remain high, and if we recklessly sold coins we would be shooting ourselves in the foot. I understand what you are saying about diluting value by reselling and recycling coins - but also keep in mind when the site goes 4k, that is 16,000,000 pixels, and with only 10,000,000 pixels ever being made (which could take many years) - we won't be able to sell every pixel without reselling.  So as you can see, there is a mechanism in place here to handle the "recycle" notion. When the time comes for this, we will be open and transparent in the process and communicate everything with the community.

That's a good point regarding the "4k" and 16,000,000 pixels, though I personally don't see the value in going beyond 1920x1080.

I am very curious to see what comes out of the advertising/marketing team as well as the new features/places to spend PXL Smiley One request I have is that there's at least a daily update somewhere (on the site or on the forum or on an official blog or twitter acc) with news about what's being done regularly by the team of developers/advertisers you mentioned. This is what will bring value and miners who would be here to stay - not just to pump & dump.
Zombie123
Legendary

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:57:19 PM

+1 for burning the coins
+1 transferable ad space

There is no official policy yet as stated by dev.  You shouldn't be worried about anything at this point.  Quite frankly given the supply, this coin is already worth well over many other cryptos on the market.

Don't forget there is no premine on this and devs are not making anything.  Due to the different nature of this coin, the marketing behind it all, the devs DO deserve to get paid somehow, some way.

Sure I understand that dev needs to get paid. I only want that the policy should be transparent of what will be done to those pixels. Awaiting for Devs answer
pyrofade

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:00:49 PM

+1 for transparency as well

The dev has been transparent so far and the community values that very high - as can already be seen.
Full transparency with a project like this makes everyone supporting it very happy.  Grin
Jollyburner

Activity: 98

so many

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:23:43 PM

imo we need 2 things to value this coin

1) turnover policy
 - this has been addressed by devs, indicating there will be managed turnover but details TBD

2) total pixel area of canvas

im sorry to point this out, but with unknown total pixel area and unlimited turnover this coin is worth exactly 0.

I cant pay huge chunks of $$ for PXLs if you are going to increase the total canvas area, that is effectively the scarcity generator with this model, since pixels will be churned indefinitely to fill available space, until you set in stone specific final dimensions for the project no one can value anything.

and given these 2 factors its not worth ANYWHERE NEAR what people are paying/asking right now, so im done collecting it until this is ironed out.

unfortunate since I wanted more but... yea pretty lame

WTB .010 BTC / 1000 PXL

this is what I will offer, and this only on faith/assumptions total pixel area wont increase beyond 4k in the future.

if you are considering buying PXL atm, please read carefully this message and understand the implications. unlimited pixels, unlimited canvas = unlimited supply = not much demand = not worth very much, like dirt or air.

its worth whatever it trades at if the market is basing its valuation on facts, and its worth whatever you can sell it for, but the market valuing it this high on faith is ridiculous.

if you want to sell me an icon sized space of a 1080p image im interested, if that 1080p image just keeps getting bigger forever, and I have no idea where my image will be, im not.

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
strideknight

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:35:17 PM

Does anyone know why the pools don't show the total net hashrate?  They only show their own?  Also, what's the retarget time on PXL?
sheinsha

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:44:00 PM

Does anyone know why the pools don't show the total net hashrate?  They only show their own?  Also, what's the retarget time on PXL?
Hi! The coin daemon does not provide that value, I asked devs if they could add that and got no answer yet, still waiting for it Smiley

Retarget goes every 2016 blocks, if i am not correct let me know...

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 08:45:10 PM

1) turnover policy
 - this has been addressed by devs, indicating there will be managed turnover but details TBD

im sorry to point this out, but with unknown total pixel area and unlimited turnover this coin is worth exactly 0.

I cant pay huge chunks of $$ for PXLs if you are going to increase the total canvas area, that is effectively the scarcity generator with this model, since pixels will be churned indefinitely to fill available space, until you set in stone specific final dimensions for the project no one can value anything.

and given these 2 factors its not worth ANYWHERE NEAR what people are paying/asking right now, so im done collecting it until this is ironed out.

WTB .010 BTC / 1000 PXL

this is what I will offer, and this only on faith/assumptions total pixel area wont increase beyond 4k in the future.

if you are considering buying PXL atm, please read carefully this message and understand the implications. unlimited pixels, unlimited canvas = unlimited supply = not much demand = not worth very much, like dirt or air.

its worth whatever it trades at if the market is basing its valuation on facts, and its worth whatever you can sell it for, but the market valuing it this high on faith is ridiculous.

if you want to sell me an icon sized space of a 1080p image im interested, if that 1080p image just keeps getting bigger forever, and I have no idea where my image will be, im not.

Nice lowball offer 0.010 BTC for 1,000 PXL...  No one will sell at that price.  You would have spent more on electric mining that 1,000...  Perhaps you should read the trading thread...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419201

Tripmode (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 08:55:07 PM

1) turnover policy

WTB .010 BTC / 1000 PXL

Just to be clear: Right now, 1000x1000 pixels, but will be upgraded to full HD (1920x1080).  4k Is a possibility - this will depend on many things and like everything else, if we decide to go in that direction we will of course be transparent and consult with the community.  After that there will be no more expansion.

Ribhu

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:59:35 PM

"difficulty" : 4.00000000,

Impossible for my notebook, mining last night until now, and absolutely nothing bad luck and little equipment. I like the idea of this coin and I would like part of the community. If anyone has had better luck, here I leave my address. Good luck to all, this currency will be a success.

1AY3jRqPKBqs9GC9guneeSE3BubcSLJqa1

Thank you

✪ Accepted by, more merchants! - Franko
Tripmode (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 09:12:49 PM

Thanks to instacash for the mac client beta.  I have added download link to the OP.  Be sure to throw him a donation if you use it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: