Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:56:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] *PXL COIN* Mandatory Client Update / now supports Kimoto Gravity Well!  (Read 67775 times)
VST

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Activity: 6201360213601060620620192233720368547758

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:53:46 PM

Thanks to instacash for the mac client beta.  I have added download link to the OP.  Be sure to throw him a donation if you use it.

It'd be cool to see an Android wallet next!

I'm Kanye West
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:55:51 PM

Let me answer a few questions:

What happens to PXLs sent to the website to purchase pixel space?
As of now we are focused on maintaining the coin and website.  Currently we don't plan on selling any coins. However this may change in the future and will depend on many factors, such as how many coins are available and what the demand is for advertising space on the site.  Most coins are not backed by anything.  PXL Coin is backed by advertising and a team of developers who work hard to make that advertising happen.  Once we have a more official policy, we will announce it.

Fair enough since its early.

But just a note I'm sure you're aware of : given of how this coin is setup, if you do resell them, it's going to artificially increase their supply and devalue them considering what the community sees them as being backed by. Miners are expecting 1PXL to be worth, well... one pixel. If the same PXLs are being sold multiple times over and over by devs, then 1 PXL is no longer really worth that? And then uncertainty = speculation. We know it's worth something, just not "how much" anymore. And the same would go for those looking to buy PXLs to obtain space.

Anyway, I hope you guys get something figured out that will really benefit both sides. If you have demand for more advertising, you could always set something up "outside" of the PXL space. Not to mention fee profits you would receive from the trading/transferring of "PXL space" if the advertising gets big.

Trust me, I absolutely understand what you are saying.  I would also say that the team behind the website and the advertising is putting a lot of work into this. Maintaining the site and coin will basically become a full time job, and the devs have families and livelihoods to support.  So I think we can all agree that compensating the devs, who are adding value to the coin with all their hard work, is fair. If we do sell coins to please the demand for advertising, we will do so responsibly, and not in a way that will affect the price much. It is in everyone's best interest for the coin value to remain high, and if we recklessly sold coins we would be shooting ourselves in the foot.  I understand what you are saying about diluting value by reselling and recycling coins - but also keep in mind when the site goes 4k, that is 16,000,000 pixels, and with only 10,000,000 pixels ever being made (which could take many years) - we won't be able to sell every pixel without reselling.  When the time comes for this, we will be open and transparent in the process and communicate everything with the community.

EDIT: 4k resolution is about 8 million pixels.  Still, it will be many many years before there are 8million PXL mined.

I understand fully.

Maybe it was mentioned, but for now what I would do is create an address that contains the sales of all PXLs. This way new miners and potential buyers can see how much space has been taken (on the PXL site), and verify with the publicly visible PXL wallet if they wish. This way, while you take your time to decide (however long that may take, months, years, etc) all sides can rest assured that no PXLs have been recycled into the market without necessity.

Once 4K starts to become a possibility, one thing you could do offer all current (at the time PXL) owners is premium advertising space (or maybe even just vouchers to reserve the space) within the 1080P block before sizing up to 4K. As we know advertising positioning on page by itself is important! Then there would at least be some extra value to be had before an inevitable price halving or more.

Positioning is actually another way you could make some extra for the development team. A PXL could guarantee space within the block, but exact or preferred positioning could cost some extra. Wink

I just love the whole PXL idea, which is why I'm throwing out... my follow up early bird investor ideas. Tongue

Also for the miners, only 210 blocks left at 4 difficulty!
VST

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:08:26 PM

WTS 2700 PXL - 0.5 BTC

We've got a buy/sell thread over on the marketplace board Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419201.0

I'm Kanye West
VeNoMouS

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:10:08 PM

WTS 2700 PXL - 0.5 BTC

We've got a buy/sell thread over on the marketplace board Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419201.0

sorry
Jollyburner

Activity: 98

so many

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:28:50 PM

Just to be clear: Right now, 1000x1000 pixels, but will be upgraded to full HD (1920x1080).  4k Is a possibility - this will depend on many things and like everything else, if we decide to go in that direction we will of course be transparent and consult with the community.  After that there will be no more expansion.

thank you for clear answer on this, that helps a lot. with a set maximum resolution everyone can do the math to figure out what their slice of the pie looks like.

I am interested as to the motivation for 4k resolution aswell, I assume its a forward-thinking thing since it appears sometime in the future we may all have 4k TVs or something. I am actually sad to report this is the first I have investigated this new standard resolution and I appreciate that my exposure to it came through this coin.

as for my low WTB offer, that was genuine, I was buying much higher but I wanted to illustrate what happened to my buying power when I realised there may be no upper limit to expansion. my 1000 pixel slice of an ever-expanding canvas isn't likely to be worth > $100, rite?

so now that we know there IS an upper limit to the layout, aswell as no immediate plans to expand past full HD, I think its much more fair to expect these valuations were seeing. I am satisfied everything is as well prepared as we could reasonably expect, and the devs seem responsive and open about the issues brought forward so far.

I am resuming my buying of PXLs and look forward to using them soon Smiley thanks for info

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:50:06 PM

I am interested as to the motivation for 4k resolution aswell, I assume its a forward-thinking thing since it appears sometime in the future we may all have 4k TVs or something. I am actually sad to report this is the first I have investigated this new standard resolution and I appreciate that my exposure to it came through this coin.

Hey guys just clarify why I mentioned 4k... it was just a suggestion...

I didn't mean 4k x 4k which is 16m! *only 10 million pixels!

I was thinking we use standard definitions that will be widely in use in the future. So the image fits perfectly on the next gen of screens.
Obviously HD ,as it is now, is 1920x1080 (2,073,600 pixels)

the 4k I referred to : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_resolution

for those who don't know.. 4k is the new standard for TV's (4K Ultra high definition television) And yes retailers already sell these!

UHD is:
3840 x 2160 = 8,294,400 Pixels, which is just shy of total Pixels

anyway just a suggestion 1920x1080 is set up just fine as well for everybody!

Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:12:20 PM

I was thinking we use standard definitions that will be widely in use in the future. So the image fits perfectly on the next gen of screens.

for those who don't know.. 4k is the new standard for TV's (4K Ultra high definition television) And yes retailers already sell these!

UHD is:

I think its cool, I assume they are crazy expensive, but it seems that we will probably eventually adopt this standard. I know if this gets even anywhere near affordable for a monitor I will be getting one.

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:40:39 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 11:53:13 PM by Jollyburner

to continue flooding the thread with mostly useful questions and comments,

I think it would be great if the structure of image changing cost was such that the first change / x (time) was at a drastically reduced cost, say 1-2% of the pixel count, then it went up to a higher cost to prevent tons of changing.

eg

for any image space, 1 change / month is very cheap, or 1-2 changes per new account owner is very cheap. account transfer or frequent changes could be more expensive, like the 10% quoted.

the reasoning why I bring this up and think its a good idea is that it should actually help drive the market.

there is no reason the cost of changing an image to an updated version should be another 10% for a new client of the service, it puts unnecessary stress on the users to produce a final quality image immediately since the relative cost to update it could be extremely expensive when viewed as an investment.

eg, at going rates, for a brand new user who registers a space, updating a 100x40 banner ad would cost 400PXL (10% of 4000px) to update your image, or approximately $150-$200.

that's in addition to the original fee of 10% to be able to change the image. I see no problem with this though, just the expense of the changes once this option has been purchased.

if anyone can explain why $200 + dollars (imagine if values increase?_) should die to approve an image change, plz do. I see no reason to punish reasonable use of the system or new account owners in this way, for someone treating it as advertising space it really puts you in a position where you must rush to get your image right as your stuck between lost revenues from waiting and lost revenues from releasing a lower quality image.

so basically, I endorse packaging 1-2 changes at free or low % with each new account or account transfer. the new account creation fee of additional 10% for a changeable ad space seems reasonable, as does a 10% transfer fee, this is a premium service after all, and that fee should account for the extra work required to approve a couple image changes.

Smiley

this would make the client experience more user-friendly and reduce the stress on everyone rushing to get images completely finalized before releasing them on the site, or being hit with a big charge for a typo or a change of spec. this proposed model is used by some services which offer similar features for the same reasons stated.

strideknight

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:10:51 AM

this would make the client experience more user-friendly and reduce the stress on everyone rushing to get images completely finalized before releasing them on the site, or being hit with a big charge for a typo or a change of spec. this proposed model is used by some services which offer similar features for the same reasons stated.

^ This is why I'm hesitating to actually use my PXL to put up an image yet.

The idea of 1-2% for the first one or two changes in a certain time frame, say 3 months seems reasonable, and then increasing costs to prevent misuse.  Larger fees for one time services, like making a space changeable, transferring ownership, etc seems straightforward enough.

Have to say, really like where pxl is going.
Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:49:24 AM

UHD is:

I think its cool, I assume they are crazy expensive, but it seems that we will probably eventually adopt this standard. I know if this gets even anywhere near affordable for a monitor I will be getting one.

It's interesting but remember the transition to HD?.,.. well it was crazy expensive and then now dirt cheap. Take a look at the resolution of an image from SD tv.. (480)

In 5 years 4k will be standard, but look for sales you may be surprised, prices coming down fast

anyway back to the salt mines  Cheesy  18 blocks until difficulty adjustment

Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:52:30 AM

well im happy to report everyone who already has PXLs is damn convinced they are worth a fortune, no one is accepting my lowball offers.

stevenb

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:56:36 AM

WTS 20k PXL.

Please pm me.

VST

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:28:45 AM

WTS 20k PXL.

Please pm me.

Shocked

How many PXL do you have!? 20k is a fuckload

I'm Kanye West
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:34:05 AM

20K PXLs. Wow. So hash power. I didn't start too long after release at 6 MH/s and all I've managed to get so far is 3350 PXLs. Difficulty is now 16 and that's 200 PXLs per day for me.
Coinyay

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:58:59 AM

Anyone interested in 2900 PXL?

Pm me offers please

Will not send first unless to a trusted escrow, dont need to be scammed again...

I can do chunks, but again, won't send first.
quarkkid

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:22:53 AM

when do u guys reckon it will hit an exchange? i know its v early days yet, but this has value already.

My reputation thread!! ...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419456.0
C A Ix > >   CAIx-- Xt7qWX6LTAURHZYzjenTBNfViztCz2z72U
AltCoinSeller

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:37:46 AM

I would like to buy PXL, please give me best offer.
I may buy 2000-5000 PXL.
Tripmode (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 04:06:47 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 04:28:15 AM by Tripmode

Here is our official policy on reselling of space.

You may change any image that is 256 pixels (16x16) or higher.  The first change is free. Subsequent changes can be made for a 10% fee (10% of the image dimensions at the current per-pixel rate). The fee is capped at a maximum 100 PXL (even if the 10% is more than 100 PXL).  All changes must be made via email from email address on file.  Transfer of email address on file for an image also may be done so at a 10% fee. Placing of images that say "this space for rent" or similar are not allowed.  PXLCoin.com does not endorse the purchase of pixel space from any third party. Do so at your own risk as we are no way responsible for any transactions made outside of our site. This policy may be tweaked or changed based upon market conditions in the future.

Trade PXL and other coins at Atomic Trade!
Tripmode (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 04:12:43 AM

when do u guys reckon it will hit an exchange? i know its v early days yet, but this has value already.

You can request it be added to Cryptsy here: https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/72797/page/last#post-189361

Trade PXL and other coins at Atomic Trade!
BTCbull

Activity: 154

Altcoin Mania!!!

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:18:42 AM

16 difficulty 1 day after the launch? How does this make sense? Will it drop or continue to rise?

Life is full of ups and downs... And so is the crypto market Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: