Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:01:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] *PXL COIN* Mandatory Client Update / now supports Kimoto Gravity Well!  (Read 67775 times)
VST

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Activity: 6201360213601060620620192233720368547758

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:24:55 PM

PXL now on a new exchange! www.cryptorush.in

Is this the "major exchange" you were referring to? If so, how is a days-old exchange a "major" one... not to mention you put that text in the thread title BEFORE cryptorush was even online

I'm Kanye West
Tripmode (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 10:44:44 PM

Is this the "major exchange" you were referring to? If so, how is a days-old exchange a "major" one... not to mention you put that text in the thread title BEFORE cryptorush was even online

No, an issue came up during testing with another exchange and have not heard back from them since.

CryptoRush is still significantly larger than atomic-trade volume wise. However I think atomic-trade is going to be the biggest of all exchanges in a few months because they are registered and will be pairing alts with USD.

Trade PXL and other coins at Atomic Trade!
Zombie123
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:41:16 AM

No, an issue came up during testing with another exchange and have not heard back from them since.

CryptoRush is still significantly larger than atomic-trade volume wise. However I think atomic-trade is going to be the biggest of all exchanges in a few months because they are registered and will be pairing alts with USD.

So much time will it take for PXl to reach cryptorush Currently it seems it might take 5-6 hrs. How come someone has PXl already there. That dosen't sound right. Unless someone already had some pxl there
Tripmode (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 12:50:19 AM

So much time will it take for PXl to reach cryptorush Currently it seems it might take 5-6 hrs. How come someone has PXl already there. That dosen't sound right. Unless someone already had some pxl there

Takes 3 confirms for cryptorush. So should take about an hour at current network speed (variance could make it be more or less time). I looked on block explorer I see those coins from the first order going over there. All checks out.

Grrizz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:39:18 AM

Takes 3 confirms for cryptorush. So should take about an hour at current network speed (variance could make it be more or less time). I looked on block explorer I see those coins from the first order going over there. All checks out.
I just tried to transfer some coin there but after 3 hours my wallet is still only showing 1 confirm Sad
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:23:32 PM

I'm looking at these sell orders and I can't figure out why people sell for so cheap? These coins in my opinion should have a lot higher value. I guess I'll just buy up these cheap coins and hold them till value gets to where it should be.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
campeck

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:50:29 PM

I'm looking at these sell orders and I can't figure out why people sell for so cheap? These coins in my opinion should have a lot higher value. I guess I'll just buy up these cheap coins and hold them till value gets to where it should be.

Agreed. Ridiculous really.  The first sell order on the new echange was already low. No body even attempted to try and raise the prices. Oh well. With the way this coin mines and the dev team and intrinsic value behind it there will be a lot of sad PXLess ppl soon. I'm hoarding. :-)
Tripmode (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 06:07:25 PM

Agreed. Ridiculous really.  The first sell order on the new echange was already low. No body even attempted to try and raise the prices. Oh well. With the way this coin mines and the dev team and intrinsic value behind it there will be a lot of sad PXLess ppl soon. I'm hoarding. :-)

Yeah I don't get how coins with nothing different besides a logo have a much higher market value.

We are getting added to CoinMarketCap soon - this is when people will realize the coin is undervalued!

Ferris419

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:35:44 PM

Agreed. Ridiculous really.  The first sell order on the new echange was already low. No body even attempted to try and raise the prices. Oh well. With the way this coin mines and the dev team and intrinsic value behind it there will be a lot of sad PXLess ppl soon. I'm hoarding. :-)

Yeah I don't get how coins with nothing different besides a logo have a much higher market value.

We are getting added to CoinMarketCap soon - this is when people will realize the coin is undervalued!

I almost guarantee there are a lot people backing this coin that are just sitting back hoarding while all the miners who just mine and dump on a daily basis get rid of their coins. I'm gonna continue mining and buying.

This and POT are the only 2 coins that interest me right now but have way more interest in PXL .

Tripmode (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 06:43:10 PM

I almost guarantee there are a lot people backing this coin that are just sitting back hoarding while all the miners who just mine and dump on a daily basis get rid of their coins. I'm gonna continue mining and buying.

Ther are only about 2000 coins mined a day (including bonus) so i dont think they are affecting the market. It is people who instamined when we launched who were only it it to make a quick buck. Those coins will soon be all sold off which will help the market.

sheinsha

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:58:14 PM

Share some hashrate to PXL.Minar.cc
We have a 15 PXL bonus for block finder!

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
Zombie123
Legendary

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:23:20 PM

Agreed. Ridiculous really.  The first sell order on the new echange was already low. No body even attempted to try and raise the prices. Oh well. With the way this coin mines and the dev team and intrinsic value behind it there will be a lot of sad PXLess ppl soon. I'm hoarding. :-)

This and POT are the only 2 coins that interest me right now but have way more interest in PXL .

no one is mining this coin due to insane difficulty. I did tell OP this fate when miners will flee.. same as CAT/RPC... well i am still holding and bought a few for cheap but Unless something changes ( it goes to big exchange or a fork happens) this coin will remain dead. Poeple underestimate miners.. miners are the reason the coin exists or collapses not any fkcing investor
Tripmode (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 09:32:45 PM

no one is mining this coin due to insane difficulty. I did tell OP this fate when miners will flee.. same as CAT/RPC... well i am still holding and bought a few for cheap but Unless something changes ( it goes to big exchange or a fork happens) this coin will remain dead. Poeple underestimate miners.. miners are the reason the coin exists or collapses not any fkcing investor

At the current difficulty, there are other coins out there that are not as profitable to mine as PXL that have much higher hashrates.

Catcoin forked to change difficulty - and they still have the same problems.  When difficulty is low people mine it and when it goes up no one mines it and they have 4 hour blocks.

That's what will happen if we fork and change our difficulty. Right now our network speed is a little low bit consistent which is what we want. We don't want wild swings that other coins with quick difficulty adjustments have.

I have said this over and over again. Once PXL gets some more exposure the mining will come. We are not going to fork just so miners can get access to cheap coins when the difficulty is low then jump to another coin when it goes up.

The next big thing for PXL will be getting listed on coinmarketcap.com - when coins get listed there it brings a lot of miners (I.E kittehcoin).

Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:02:46 PM

When Trip first mentioned his PXL idea to me I said make sure you use PoS, But he wanted a fair launch and was a bit wary about PoS as it could be monopolized. PoW coins yes it's all about the miners. Trip has been working on this with all his spare time and getting it listed on many sites (even in the last few days).  It is currently profitable to mine PXL. It's true and was said about 10 times now, PXL was planned to be a niche coin , not the next bitcoin, it's true neither of us expected 525+ mhash to burn through difficulty so fast on this. 

That said, I have run a  few testnet forks with modified difficulties timings and even gravity well, so there is always options to modify long term to make PXL faster (for traders, etc)
. You can also PM me or trip or post here what your ideal settings are, its more productive.

sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:19:54 PM

At the current difficulty, there are other coins out there that are not as profitable to mine as PXL that have much higher hashrates.

Catcoin forked to change difficulty - and they still have the same problems.  When difficulty is low people mine it and when it goes up no one mines it and they have 4 hour blocks.

That's what will happen if we fork and change our difficulty. Right now our network speed is a little low bit consistent which is what we want. We don't want wild swings that other coins with quick difficulty adjustments have.

I have said this over and over again. Once PXL gets some more exposure the mining will come. We are not going to fork just so miners can get access to cheap coins when the difficulty is low then jump to another coin when it goes up.

The next big thing for PXL will be getting listed on coinmarketcap.com - when coins get listed there it brings a lot of miners (I.E kittehcoin).

Steady long term growth - proven time and time again to be a success formula.
Dsfyu

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:12:58 PM

Ther are only about 2000 coins mined a day (including bonus) so i dont think they are affecting the market. It is people who instamined when we launched who were only it it to make a quick buck. Those coins will soon be all sold off which will help the market.

What about those of us that started mining during the instamine that are still holding coins for the future? People in that situation could potentially be trouble since massive sell offs during price adjustment on a larger exchange can really hurt a coin.

Don't just trade, get paid to Atomic⚛Trade !!!
Disclaimer: I am a noob. Assume I know nothing until proven otherwise.
Tripmode (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 03:37:00 AM

We are having a Launch Party at Atomic Trade this Wednesday at 7pm EST.  We will be giving away PXL to people who purchase coins! Come chat with the devs and earn prizes! Here is the thread - I will be there in chat and hope to see you there!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447899.msg4924166#msg4924166

kov

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 11:45:19 PM

Any news on that exchange?

Tripmode (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 03:40:46 AM

I have been told PXL will be listed on coinmarketcap.com very soon and am hoping that will bring our hashrate up.

On another note - We lost a lot of miners today - I am interested in hearing opinions on why PXL is not attractive to mine. I know the difficulty is high but with block bonuses there are many coins that are a lot less profitable to mine that have 10x the hashrate.

Ferris419

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:22:39 AM

I have been told PXL will be listed on coinmarketcap.com very soon and am hoping that will bring our hashrate up.

On another note - We lost a lot of miners today - I am interested in hearing opinions on why PXL is not attractive to mine. I know the difficulty is high but with block bonuses there are many coins that are a lot less profitable to mine that have 10x the hashrate.

I think a lot of people are just moving to new coins for instamines... Atleast that I'm doing for a day or 2 and I will be back to PXL .... Right now I'm buying up all the cheap PXL while they are still cheap. Also any idea when the difficulty will drop? No word on the big exchange yet?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: