Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:02:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] *PXL COIN* Mandatory Client Update / now supports Kimoto Gravity Well!  (Read 67775 times)
Tripmode (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 04:29:32 AM

I have been told PXL will be listed on coinmarketcap.com very soon and am hoping that will bring our hashrate up.

On another note - We lost a lot of miners today - I am interested in hearing opinions on why PXL is not attractive to mine. I know the difficulty is high but with block bonuses there are many coins that are a lot less profitable to mine that have 10x the hashrate.

I think a lot of people are just moving to new coins for instamines... Atleast that I'm doing for a day or 2 and I will be back to PXL .... Right now I'm buying up all the cheap PXL while they are still cheap. Also any idea when the difficulty will drop? No word on the big exchange yet?

Difficultly drop is still something like 1100 blocks away. At this rate we are talking months....
We should be averaging 144 blocks a day but to do that we would require about 112mhs (7 x difficulty).

Trade PXL and other coins at Atomic Trade!
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:52:33 AM

I have been told PXL will be listed on coinmarketcap.com very soon and am hoping that will bring our hashrate up.

On another note - We lost a lot of miners today - I am interested in hearing opinions on why PXL is not attractive to mine. I know the difficulty is high but with block bonuses there are many coins that are a lot less profitable to mine that have 10x the hashrate.

I think a lot of people are just moving to new coins for instamines... Atleast that I'm doing for a day or 2 and I will be back to PXL .... Right now I'm buying up all the cheap PXL while they are still cheap. Also any idea when the difficulty will drop? No word on the big exchange yet?

Difficultly drop is still something like 1100 blocks away. At this rate we are talking months....
We should be averaging 144 blocks a day but to do that we would require about 112mhs (7 x difficulty).

I only have ~700kh/s but I'll keep chipping away.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
slntdth7

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:12:45 PM

Not trying to be rude, just honest.

Just because there are a lot of less profitable coins doesn't mean there aren't MORE profitable coins.

I mined this for about 9 days, and am holding my coins.

I have switched to digitalcoin due the the release of their DGC->USD service, as well as mining for DOGE due to possible rise when olympics start.

Basically, I switched to go to other coins who I think will have a bright future (not that PXL won't have a bright future). I will be back when the difficulty fixes, as you said a month to get through this difficulty is gnarly.

I understand getting miners is slow going (ie. getting on cryptsy/coinedup/coinmarketcap etc...) and have no doubts that you guys will be able to do it, you guys are awesome.

I just decided to mine coins with proper difficulties that I think I can hold long term for the next few years. I will most likely be back to PXL when this whole difficulty ordeal settles.

EDIT: Any talks among you guys about implementing a kimoto gravity well? this could get hit by multipools in the future, raising the difficulty and then leaving the true miners at a high difficulty (again) when the multipools leave
Tripmode (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 05:28:56 PM

Not trying to be rude, just honest.

Just because there are a lot of less profitable coins doesn't mean there aren't MORE profitable coins.

I mined this for about 9 days, and am holding my coins.

I have switched to digitalcoin due the the release of their DGC->USD service, as well as mining for DOGE due to possible rise when olympics start.

Basically, I switched to go to other coins who I think will have a bright future (not that PXL won't have a bright future). I will be back when the difficulty fixes, as you said a month to get through this difficulty is gnarly.

I understand getting miners is slow going (ie. getting on cryptsy/coinedup/coinmarketcap etc...) and have no doubts that you guys will be able to do it, you guys are awesome.

I just decided to mine coins with proper difficulties that I think I can hold long term for the next few years. I will most likely be back to PXL when this whole difficulty ordeal settles.

EDIT: Any talks among you guys about implementing a kimoto gravity well? this could get hit by multipools in the future, raising the difficulty and then leaving the true miners at a high difficulty (again) when the multipools leave

KGW is under consideration if we have to make a change (hoping not to).

razmanugget

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:12:14 AM

Cool.  KGW would help a lot with fluctuations and give the coin some stability.  It seems like it would make a lot of sense
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:07:49 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 06:40:15 AM by blade87

It's not attractive mine because it's better to mine something else, sell that for BTC, and then try to buy PXL with that BTC, if you're interested in PXL. That's not an opinion - it's a fact. And this will never change until difficulty can adjust much more rapidly. Even if the coin all of a sudden became highly desirable overnight, and tons of miners went into it and burned through those 1200 blocks, we'd end up with a repeat scenario of exactly what is going right now at 64 difficulty or whatever the next adjustment would be.
Ferris419

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:30:54 PM

Hey guys I noticed this exchange on a different thread and was wondering why we shouldn't go and vote for PXL to be listed on their exchange as well? (When they open it)

http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php

So far PXL has 4 votes that's why I figured I would post it here on this thread! Each person gets 10 votes per 24 hours! So vote vote vote!!

Jollyburner

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

so many

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:38:04 PM

It's not attractive mine because it's better to mine something else, sell that for BTC, and then try to buy PXL with that BTC, if you're interested in PXL. That's not an opinion - it's a fact. And this will never change until difficulty can adjust much more rapidly. Even if the coin all of a sudden became highly desirable overnight, and tons of miners went into it and burned through those 1200 blocks, we'd end up with a repeat scenario of exactly what is going right now at 64 difficulty or whatever the next adjustment would be.

as of right now, no one is dumping the coins. so no you cant really just go buy them, if you want them you have to pay ALOT for them, or mine them, or both.

so clearly those who have PXL are not that interested to dump it yet, and for now that coupled with the diff strand is leaving the exchanges and the site pretty uneventful. I have open buy and sell orders on both exchanges. in fact I have most of the open buy and sell orders on both exchanges.

so I don't know where all the PXLs are but damned if they aren't rare. lol...

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:48:54 AM

Actually, No matter how many miners or speed came to PXL, it would re-target downwards.

The current difficulty is exactly what the free market (miners) set, ironically.

Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:29:26 AM

as of right now, no one is dumping the coins. so no you cant really just go buy them, if you want them you have to pay ALOT for them, or mine them, or both.

so clearly those who have PXL are not that interested to dump it yet, and for now that coupled with the diff strand is leaving the exchanges and the site pretty uneventful. I have open buy and sell orders on both exchanges. in fact I have most of the open buy and sell orders on both exchanges.

so I don't know where all the PXLs are but damned if they aren't rare. lol...

PXL are being hoarded in general it seems, like many cryptos, I don't see any 'large amounts' for sale, that's for sure.

quarkkid

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:39:28 PM

PXL on www.coinmarketcap.com  !!!

My reputation thread!! ...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419456.0
C A Ix > >   CAIx-- Xt7qWX6LTAURHZYzjenTBNfViztCz2z72U
Tripmode (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 04:45:41 PM

w00t! Hopefully this can bring some exposure and some miners! Especially once people see how undervalued the coin is Wink

Ferris419

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:01:19 PM

w00t! Hopefully this can bring some exposure and some miners! Especially once people see how undervalued the coin is Wink

It seems to have done something lol because I looked about an hour ago and the market cap was 29,000 now it's 42,000 !!! :-D

Tripmode (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 06:04:38 PM

It seems to have done something lol because I looked about an hour ago and the market cap was 29,000 now it's 42,000 !!! :-D

Yeah the buy orders on both exchanges are all getting eaten up. Value has already doubled today.

Ferris419

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:22:43 PM

Yeah the buy orders on both exchanges are all getting eaten up. Value has already doubled today.

Marketcap is now $63k and coin value $0.15 . This is just making my day! Now hopefully we can get it up on a big exchange!

Ait

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:09:58 PM

Marketcap is now $63k and coin value $0.15 . This is just making my day! Now hopefully we can get it up on a big exchange!

Great news guys....number 82 and bound to be moving up! :-)

PreMineCoin # 100% Distribution # 0% Inflation
PMC: 1F7agvGdq8UALQ5tVrGejjfxjRkgSr4E4b
PXL: 1BuGVeYanmB1FNuV6QBAvZqsZKDFnV8rjU
Gabri

Activity: 856
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:14:28 PM

Great, I really like the idea behind PXL and I invested on it when it was launched. I bought an ad on the site too.
bitember

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

BitEmber staff

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 08:34:46 PM

Great news, indeed.  Smiley

Bitcoin: 16vVLeSuvXnmDeccDivehEGrYZ1DPS5rwX
Cryptsy Key: 13c49a0d8f449183742211bec5e2ae9d6bfaa01d
Join us on irc.freenode.net #bitember
Zombie123
Legendary

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:43:10 PM

Gr8 work guys
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:57:46 PM

oh yeah. nice
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: