Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:05:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Gavin decline or accept the CFR invite ?
Accept
Decline

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL | Should Gavin decline or accept the CFR invite ?  (Read 5329 times)
JohnsonRobinson

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:54:51 PM

I said Bitcoin-BASED, meaning the consensus-driven technology that underlies Bitcoin.  That's here to stay.

I would like to see Bitcoin succeed, but if it doesn't, a different crypto based on the technology underlying it will succeed, for the benefit of the masses. 

Given this reality, there's no point at this stage in giving Bitcoin up to / asking permission from, the ultra-elite power mongers (e.g., CFR, etc., etc.).  It's just a waste.

We don't need a baby-sitter and the would-be baby-sitters don't have the right to be our baby-sitters.

That's the bottom line.

I agree they cannot kill this tech but no crypto money will succeed without their approval.  That's a guarantee.  What that means is that whichever currency succeeds will in fact be their choice and under their control.  So they will know when you buy condoms and when you give your kid $5 and they'll turn off your wallet at will. 

And that is the purpose of these currencies as you will all realize in due time.  They we're never made for the masses as they simply cannot survive without govt approval.

I will have to respectfully disagree.  This is an extremely defeatist attitude.

If we ever want to actually be able to describe ourselves as being the 'civilized' race that we purport to be, we have to figure out a way to live in balance with each other and the planet.

Bottom line for this is that we the masses have to figure out a way to protect ourselves from the tiny subset of our global society that is continuously rising to hold abusive power over us.

A cornerstone of their current power is the parasitic, rent-seeking fiat money system that they have convinced us to use.

The current emerging cryptocurrency technology, which is decentralized and consensus-based, is an unbelievable revolution that will allow us, the greater good masses, to overthrow these scumbags, so that we can get on with 'project civilization', on with living in balance with each other and the planet.

We're not asking for permission!
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:04:05 PM

I find it strange how he and some others in the Bitcoin Foundation seemingly seek approval from the powers that be. Satoshi's original vision was clearly anarchist or libertarian. Isn't Bitcoin supposed to undermine the current monetary system? Isn't Bitcoin supposed to take power away from the banksters and their lackeys -- the politicians? Would Satoshi break bread with the CIA and the CFR?

An open CFR meeting might be okay, but this one's supposed to be closed.

It's not about seeking approval. They aren't inviting Gavin to discuss politics. Bitcoin is beyond one political ideology. You're an anarchist, most of us here are sympathizers with anarchist or libertarian views, but it does not mean the mainstream Bitcoin user will be and we have to understand that once you invent something you have to step away from it politically. At this point Bitcoin is just a tool to be used for the benefit of mankind.

If the CFR wants to know more about it then someone has to explain it. Just like the Internet had to be explained and Twitter.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:11:20 AM

I find it strange how he and some others in the Bitcoin Foundation seemingly seek approval from the powers that be. Satoshi's original vision was clearly anarchist or libertarian. Isn't Bitcoin supposed to undermine the current monetary system? Isn't Bitcoin supposed to take power away from the banksters and their lackeys -- the politicians? Would Satoshi break bread with the CIA and the CFR?

An open CFR meeting might be okay, but this one's supposed to be closed.

It's not about seeking approval. They aren't inviting Gavin to discuss politics. Bitcoin is beyond one political ideology. You're an anarchist, most of us here are sympathizers with anarchist or libertarian views, but it does not mean the mainstream Bitcoin user will be and we have to understand that once you invent something you have to step away from it politically. At this point Bitcoin is just a tool to be used for the benefit of mankind.

If the CFR wants to know more about it then someone has to explain it. Just like the Internet had to be explained and Twitter.

Can't say it any better than that. Gavin isn't "sucking up" to anyone by explaining how bitcoin works. Lots of people need lots of education on bitcoin. I don't see what the fuss is about.
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:19:57 AM

At this point Bitcoin is just a tool to be used for the benefit of mankind.

Yeah. I'm sure that's why they'll be discussing it behind closed doors.

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:26:07 AM

"Closed doors" is how they roll. Sure Gavin will be able to open the door and leave once its over Smiley
Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 05:53:55 AM

Its as if the forum is trying to speak to me. Roll Eyes

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=425028.0

Bitcoin is the gateway to a cashless society drug. Shocked

Did that $1000 BTC get you a little high ?

Don't forget to bring your RFID chip !

Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 06:00:58 AM

Isn't iPaint fun ? Grin

Great - a new coin I did not know yet Smiley

Peace!

devnullius

Do you know who those people are ?

Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 01:39:35 AM

In case you're wondering, my previous two posts were aimed at those in the 'accept' camp.

Are you really that hooked on the $1000 dream ?

Or, are you content believing everything the mainstream media has to say about our warpig, peace prize winning presidents and bird sanctuary prime ministers ?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/stephen-harper-lays-cornerstone-at-hula-valley-bird-sanctuary-1.2506145

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:57:57 AM

"Closed doors" is how they roll. Sure Gavin will be able to open the door and leave once its over Smiley

Of course he will.  Gavin is the guy who leaked the docs detailing the coin blacklisting discussions taking place within the Bitcoin Foundation, right?  No?  Er...maybe not so much.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
howzar

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:15:33 PM

People don't seem to understand that one single executive order would ban bitcoin based on national security and no entity would accept it which would render it useless except for illegal use.

It's that easy and the fact the govt hasnt fine it proves they have plans for it and if Bitcoin doesn't obey they will choose a different currency (iXcoin) and then find an easy way to kill BTC.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 11:55:49 PM

People don't seem to understand that one single executive order would ban bitcoin based on national security and no entity would accept it which would render it useless except for illegal use.

It's that easy and the fact the govt hasnt fine it proves they have plans for it and if Bitcoin doesn't obey they will choose a different currency (iXcoin) and then find an easy way to kill BTC.

Hey, you just quoted me....without quoting me.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
MarketNeutral

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:12:03 AM

Enjoy yourself, Gavin.  Smiley

Be sure to hand out some USB miners to help grease the wheels, and tell 'em that they, too, can mine a few satoshis before the difficulty skyrockets again.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:26:49 AM

Reminder: Bitcoin is global.

Yeah, they could ban it - in the states. The rest of the world will decide on their own. Given the economic implications, some countries are going to accept it whatever is decided in our corner of the world. Perhaps especially if we ban it. And maybe getting rid of the states would be a good thing similar to how SR turned out to be. The world does not revolve around the US.

Then there is the banking angle. Andrew Jackson killed the banks. Bitcoin could end up doing a repeat performance, and there may be political groups who speculate on this.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
MarketNeutral

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:30:25 PM

And, Gavin, if you see Satoshi there, be sure to say hi for me.  Smiley
Mr. Gabu

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:16:02 PM

Why vote? He doesn't care about the community.
Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 09:52:43 PM

Rest in Peace, Mr. Chavez.

The Assassination of Hugo Chavez - Greg Palast --> http://youtu.be/eJMkl-DfROM

analogy :
a comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 09:55:26 PM

analogy :
a comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

Nobody saw that coming.  lol.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:56:41 PM

i am missing the option "let gavindecide what he wants to do"
Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 10:05:18 PM

i am missing the option "let gavindecide what he wants to do"

Did you miss the "non-binding" part posted in the OP ?

Does our freedom to express ourselves bother you ?

Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 10:07:18 PM

analogy :

Nobody saw that coming.  lol.

The 10-20% (the rich), won't see the other 80% of us coming either. Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: