Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:18:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Status Update... Relaunch Coming Soon!  (Read 27833 times)
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:13:11 PM

Is this a catcoin relative? Or just another copycat?
Catcoin is Kittehcoins retarded sister
Made me lol in RL.. classic.
sitefive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:29:25 PM

Good thing about kitteh is that we dont need to worry about miners switching to this coin and dumping it till at least 30-40 satoshi where it hits the magical reward of about $10/day from 1000khs of power. So we should see at least 40-50satoshis from this coin in not so long future
Currently at the moment its more cost effective to buy them at those 4-5satoshis instead of mining them.

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 08:51:15 PM

Wow I want to thank everyone for their feedback and support! Stuff like that is what keeps me and the team going Smiley

I also want to sincerely thank the members of the KittehCoin devteam, without them this would not be possible! Everyone on the team is doing this voluntarily; no one is getting paid (in any form) and everyone has other stuff they could be working on. So I can't express enough how thankful I am to the team, hopefully they get that feeling from our discussions on the KittehCoin Forums  Wink

I'm stuck on the clock right now but I wanted to answer some questions that people have posted, and I encourage people to ask more if they may have them!

Shouldn't this be called a client upgrade with more features than calling it relaunch? Relaunch would mean that the current kittehcoin becomes obsolete.
Technically yes but its kinda of semantics at that point, but you are correct. The current coins will remain in circulation.

when meow on cryptsy Huh??

Very unlikely.... i had a chat with the guy from cryptsy and they didn't like Kitteh, of course that was before the changes.
We'll see. I think MEOW should be on cryptsy but when the time is right (not just yet). The addition to CoinedUp was premature. If there have been internal discussions @cryptsy related to KittehCoin I would hope that with the relaunch they would reconsider as the entire ecosystem around KittehCoin has changed dramatically. It would be rather short sighted of them not to take another look given all the services, features, community and information that will be coming or are already released. Even if for some reason they hold off there are other exchanges like Bter and other alt-coin exchanges.

A pool list please! Grin
Gladly! https://kittehcoin.info/wiki/mining-pools/. We are looking for more pools, if you are running a pool post it up and we will add it to the wiki!

Is this a catcoin relative? Or just another copycat?
Catcoin is Kittehcoins retarded sister
+1, srsly.

Wow difficulty is shooting high already, nice new features Dano, congrats on holding up through all this. We need Meow on an active exchange. Coinedump is not the place for Kitteh.
That's a good thing  Grin people should mine now before the block reward changes are put in place  Lips sealed (being 100% upfront about that!) . There will be a bigger push to get on additional exchanges once the relaunch is officially released and in the wild (eta: less than a week at this point given all indications I'm aware of...).

Good thing about kitteh is that we dont need to worry about miners switching to this coin and dumping it till at least 30-40 satoshi where it hits the magical reward of about $10/day from 1000khs of power. So we should see at least 40-50satoshis from this coin in not so long future
Currently at the moment its more cost effective to buy them at those 4-5satoshis instead of mining them.
+1  Roll Eyes tear down those walls before the price jump hits with relaunch... again, in an effort to be as forthcoming as possible about what is coming - we will be changing the coin parameters in terms of block reward and/or max coins with the relaunch so the value of existing coins will definitely be impacted. As soon as I know what the finalized parameters will be in regards to the changes I will post them to the community and the wiki ahead of the relaunch.

I want to thank everyone again for the support here, its tough to be in the position our team is in (if you read the old launch thread so many armchair naysayers, yet we press on thanks to people like those posting here!).

If you've PMd me and I haven't replied yet its because I'm stuck at work! I'm not ignoring you! I'll reply to all PMs as soon as I get home, I encourage people to continue to reach out to me via PM, kitteh (and I) look forward to hearing from you! Also come join the KittehCoin forums for the latest greatest news, and to come be part of our community, or post on our subreddit. This coin isn't just about "another coin" related to cure lil kittehhhs- its also very much about having fun, building community, and connecting with new people. Come on down  Grin

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
stuhlman

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:32:49 PM

wow 600% jump in price today, and kitteh has not even relaunched, 60 Satooshi here we come, and with the hard fork adjustment we might be talking 120 satooshis  Grin

Now for sure those early dumpers are feeling the sting, but with 3 or 4 days left on these high blocks we'll have a race on mining, move aside 42 lol

★★ UltraCoin Nitro Pool  ★★ Panda Nitro Pool  ★★
stuhlman

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:38:14 PM

whoever is selling at 6 satooshi is nuts, this will demand a 30 satooshi within 12 hours. I see a clear 1000% increase after relaunch, who will not invest in this lol

★★ UltraCoin Nitro Pool  ★★ Panda Nitro Pool  ★★
Ng93

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:46:33 PM

i'm allready feeling the people getting dissapointed who selled at 1 -2 satoshi Smiley

But the only thing that i know is that our community is getting bigger and bigger !
Don't sell so low people and keep your coins Smiley
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 12:08:03 AM

wow 600% jump in price today, and kitteh has not even relaunched, 60 Satooshi here we come, and with the hard fork adjustment we might be talking 120 satooshis  Grin

Now for sure those early dumpers are feeling the sting, but with 3 or 4 days left on these high blocks we'll have a race on mining, move aside 42 lol

Listen to this man! I'm speaking with my cryptoexpert on the team tonight and should have the block rewards figured out later tonight if all goes to plan, also will know if we are modifying max coins (we are really trying to avoid that since we know its been reduced one shortly after the initial launch). Stay tuned! I'm trying to get that hard fork done ASAP, will keep community posted on that also please follow our twitter account for up to the minute updates. Miners should mine on the big rewards while you can! they are not going to be around much longer! There will be superblocks to reward miners, but the days of 100k block rewards which totally devalue the coin are over...

I'll post more information as soon as it is available. Trying to be as completely 100% honest, upfront and transparent about these changes as possible. No suprises! I've posted the plans to change these aspects of the coin over every social channel and forum I can think of in an effort to be as open as possible.

If you are one of those who dumped at 1-2 satoshi... that's... rough. Have a little faith next time  Wink Not all alt-coinyes (see what I did there?) are pump and dump coins released by anonymous devs looking to milk noobs for money or troll the media in general to then milk noobs for money. Some people actually care about the coins they work on, and hey look our dev team is NOT anonymous, im right here and i make no effort to hide my identity, nor do other members of the team. Will be posting a full list of the team to the wiki tonight, you can contact them through the KittehCoin forums. This is just the beginning for KittehCoin (a new beginning!).

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
blue_bit

Activity: 181

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:30:43 AM

i am mining now ,thank you for you hard work , all team...
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 03:06:14 AM

i am mining now ,thank you for you hard work , all team...

Thanks! We appreciate the hashes  Grin

Want some KittehCoin for yourself? GIVEAWAY TIME!

[ANN] KittehCoin Giveaway! 1 MILLION MEOW++! First 1000 twitter followers! GO!

wontonforevuh

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:15:20 AM

so wuts the difference between kittehcoin and catcoin?

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 03:33:11 AM

so wuts the difference between kittehcoin and catcoin?

Catcoin = scrypt based close of bitcoin, almost exactly from what I know of it (but I don't mine it nor am I an authoritative source on it)

KittehCoin = scrypt based coin, no relation to CatCoin at all. More equivalent to DOGE but with less total coins. Also different reward structures and unlike other coins KittehCoin has unique features planned which make it stand out, more than just changing the coin parameters. The first feature slated to launch (after adjusting block rewards) is what we call "coincontrol". More info on that feature as we get closer to launch. Also merged mining is on the roadmap, another item CatCoin (and many other altcoins) will never see.

TBH, unless you are seeing regular updates from the devteam around a coin (like with KittehCoin) its probably just another clone-coin with no roadmap or innovations planned. We are trying to actually innovate while having fun here.

katsoo

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:39:35 AM

Very happy to hear this.

FROZEN:F8U9uNX8XQQLLtDyaTnVSQB9MbAgfAia6n
GET 60 FREE SMARTCOINS BEFORE 01/27/2014

- USDe - Best coin of 2014!

KlondikeCoin - KDC - Join the Gold rush!

microCoin [MRC]

Globe - Economically viable, Fast, Stable. Join the revolution! - Globe

UFO - COMING FROM OUTER SPACE
Pandacoin is the first coin with block reward decreasing every day! Pandacoin giveaway: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=409109.0
NOBLE   9ephfLvWYcy8BPaPBuJ1TQ12AK88k5HTLu
Tips       EJ1o1tqeE9wtBK5Gn9cayrt6GkUFcjPRHE
Frozen   F8U9uNX8XQQLLtDyaTnVSQB9MbAgfAia6n
dustee

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:35:28 PM

wooo! I'm mining away, can't wait for the relaunch =D

Thanks for all your hard work dev's!

--------------------------
Meows: KBUuV461SWoAh3L1kajjsz5gQpCukJ6Sin
Ng93

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:12:33 PM

Lol some people are going to cry hard Smiley
Selling at 3 satoshi haha
shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:48:14 PM

I still think reducing the block reward will make new miners not to want to mine ...
cause they can't be kitteh millionaires
and people without crazy hashrate can still be! before diff. jumps to yehoopitz
wB`

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:08:00 AM

I still cannot believe how many people are unloading these for so cheap. .03 Meow/Doge. Some people are going to regret selling them that cheap.
lmfsthefounder

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:09:02 AM

I am working on this slightly. I am in the process of making a new coin exchange, and I will add this coin in the first rendition.

Problem is I work full time, and am a college student so my budget is tight

That said, Everyone has to wait for student loan time, because I still owe the developer 200$ before he will give me the code. (I paid the big section already)

If anyone wants to help get the thing paid off early, heres some ways to help::

Bitcoin: 18ih68SznxJqqXmWkE5shJxkcCob2bLPPB

Xivra: XZ8AQNQzmpqk2rAyCPgHf7tvZ1mfs8QjGa

KittehCoin: KSK4T24o94RALdDjkspsTnbM2dPJCXHqo2

Dogecoin: DE8Sxc7zbZy2tU6NGHtCKPT2Wh9XZZLD4y

I dont wanna wait forever to get this thing rollin.. so pls help.. lol

Ng93

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:11:41 AM

I still cannot believe how many people are unloading these for so cheap. .03 Meow/Doge. Some people are going to regret selling them that cheap.

+1 Smiley
wB`

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:17:05 PM

is there an actual date for the relaunch or is it just tentative? thanks
barkinos98

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:10:25 PM