Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:16:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM **COINS-e.com***SCAM list of unhappy customers  (Read 21821 times)
tomxtc1979

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 07:04:21 PM

@Coinse-Codey:

Please have a look into my pending Wthdrawls:
username tomxtc1979

Still waiting for 2 transactions to be canceled......

Kindly

Tom

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altsay

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:17:01 PM

Any update on this issue? They dont respond from any communication channel.
tomxtc1979

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:44:01 PM

still no response...

FUC****ing SCAMMMMMMMERS !!!
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:43:12 AM

Scamming me also. See the thread I posted on this
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:48:25 AM

My issue was resolved... after many phone calls, twitter messages, one support ticket, facebook messages and posts, and forum posts. I suggest anyone that has a problem to email saif@coins-e.com ... It seems he is in charge and has the ability to make financial transactions within the company. For what it's worth, he was very nice on the phone and emphasized he was working on improving customer support. More FWIW... it seems this site is not a scam site, but is just somewhat mismanaged and under staffed.

I will remove my prior posts/tweets/facebook posts as promised.

Thank you coins-e.com for clearing this up.

What # did you call?

Btw - I'm pretty sure what they are doing is taking peoples coins. Then when people complain they ignore them unless they are very persistent. At a certain point they will start paying back some (or in some cases all coins). However, for everyone else that was unfortunate to not follow-up they just keep the coins. This is classic gox'ing, except on a much smaller scale.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:25:11 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 05:07:13 PM by CoinHoarder

My issue was resolved... after many phone calls, twitter messages, one support ticket, facebook messages and posts, and forum posts. I suggest anyone that has a problem to email saif@coins-e.com ... It seems he is in charge and has the ability to make financial transactions within the company. For what it's worth, he was very nice on the phone and emphasized he was working on improving customer support. More FWIW... it seems this site is not a scam site, but is just somewhat mismanaged and under staffed.

What # did you call?

Btw - I'm pretty sure what they are doing is taking peoples coins. Then when people complain they ignore them unless they are very persistent. At a certain point they will start paying back some (or in some cases all coins). However, for everyone else that was unfortunate to not follow-up they just keep the coins. This is classic gox'ing, except on a much smaller scale.

I can't remember as that was a long time ago. I did some investigation into the site and found its previous owner who is involved at a new start up. I then posted things on his page via social media stating he was a scammer and to give me back my money. He got in contact with me and explained he had sold the business to Saif and gave me his contact information including his phone number. I then called Saif and he fixed the problem rather quickly. Unfortunately, I have since deleted my twitter account so those messages are no longer available. I will post what I remember though.

Since it appears he's still selectively scamming people, I will dox him. This is the "Saif" I referred to in my posts:

Saif Altimimi
https://www.facebook.com/altimimi
https://twitter.com/Alltims
jack.harris

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:03:33 AM

I initiated a transfer of 11.3 LTC 2 months ago (31st August). Since then my Coins-E wallet shows
Code:
31 08 2015 06:47AM	Withdrawal	11.37187837	Initiated

Coins-e does not respond to any emails.
phatkiller

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:34:11 AM

Add me to the list of scammed customers, purchased 7k DEM on there sure enough my withdraw addresses were rejected.  3 support tickets and 2 direct emails later NOTHING no coins no answer no nothing.

I hope the address they have posted on the site is real.....

Shaunsm4

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:51:45 PM

same here they have pending btc for about a year with no replys to my emails
mxmann

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 11:22:29 AM

Does the website even exist? I had a lot of coins there!!!  Huh
dev gone?

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 02:44:05 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2016, 04:11:52 PM by dev gone?

What # did you call?

I can't remember as that was a long time ago. I did some investigation into the site and found its previous owner who is involved at a new start up. I then posted things on his page via social media stating he was a scammer and to give me back my money. He got in contact with me and explained he had sold the business to Saif and gave me his contact information including his phone number. I then called Saif and he fixed the problem rather quickly. Unfortunately, I have since deleted my twitter account so those messages are no longer available. I will post what I remember though.

Since it appears he's still selectively scamming people, I will dox him. This is the "Saif" I referred to in my posts:

Saif Altimimi

That twitter account doesn't exist anymore, and neither does that facebook account. He obviously closed them as soon as people started making comments on them about him not processing coins-e withdrawals.

This user who claims to be Saif Altimimi denies he's the coins-e owner and claims it's owned by a twitter user called vigsun.

Hey guys,

Saif Altimimi here. I'm not the owner of Coins-e - I don't actually have much access to the backend. I was involved as a potential investor/acquirer as the owner was interested in off loading it. I'm still doing due diligence on the business and of course this is a serious concern. I have taken a look briefly at the business and funds do not seem to be missing... the company right now seriously lacks dev resources and part of my involvement was to assist with this. I've been getting a flood of tweets - if you want to contact the real owner you can tweet him here. He's based in ottawa and working on the Bitaccess ATMs.

https://twitter.com/vigsun

http://www.vigneshsundaresan.com/

You can keep tweeting me but there really is nothing I can do.. I've forwarded all your concerns to Vignesh and am waiting a reply. I will keep you guys notified on the status but there is no need to worry in regards to missing funds - coins-e does not operate on a fractional reserve and all user funds are still deposited (to my limited knowledge).

Edit: more info on reddit after googling -  http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1v1ec1/ama_request_someone_from_coinse/

Vigsun's first tweet says "Verifying myself: My Bitcoin username is vignesh", so he's involved in crypto

https://twitter.com/vigsun/status/482690996241580032

Contacting the vigsun twitter account might be worth a shot.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:07:15 AM

What # did you call?

Saif Altimimi

That twitter account doesn't exist anymore, and neither does that facebook account. He obviously closed them as soon as people started making comments on them about him not processing coins-e withdrawals.

This user who claims to be Saif Altimimi denies he's the coins-e owner and claims it's owned by a twitter user called vigsun.

Hey guys,

Saif Altimimi here. I'm not the owner of Coins-e - I don't actually have much access to the backend. I was involved as a potential investor/acquirer as the owner was interested in off loading it. I'm still doing due diligence on the business and of course this is a serious concern. I have taken a look briefly at the business and funds do not seem to be missing... the company right now seriously lacks dev resources and part of my involvement was to assist with this. I've been getting a flood of tweets - if you want to contact the real owner you can tweet him here. He's based in ottawa and working on the Bitaccess ATMs.

https://twitter.com/vigsun

http://www.vigneshsundaresan.com/

You can keep tweeting me but there really is nothing I can do.. I've forwarded all your concerns to Vignesh and am waiting a reply. I will keep you guys notified on the status but there is no need to worry in regards to missing funds - coins-e does not operate on a fractional reserve and all user funds are still deposited (to my limited knowledge).

Edit: more info on reddit after googling -  http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1v1ec1/ama_request_someone_from_coinse/

Vigsun's first tweet says "Verifying myself: My Bitcoin username is vignesh", so he's involved in crypto

https://twitter.com/vigsun/status/482690996241580032

Contacting the vigsun twitter account might be worth a shot.

So this is the guy that stole my litecoins. Angry

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:10:56 AM

Thanks for jogging my memory a little bit.

Vignesh is the guy I first got ahold of. He told me he sold the exchange to Saif and gave me Saif's phone number. Soon after I called Saif, my withdraw was processed (I kind of ambushed him on social media too.)

I still have Vignesh as a Facebook friend from when I was doing my investigation... that is how I originally got in touch with him. He seemed generally helpful, and not until I got in contact with Saif did the problem resolve itself. IMO, from my experience with the two (at least at the time I contacted him)... I think that Saif was the owner of Coins-e.

Interesting enough, they are FB friends as I see I have 1 mutual friend with Saif... and it is Vignesh. I guess Saif has more strict privacy settings on his FB account now, and that is why you guys can't see his profile. It still exists though. I guess it is possible that they are both in on it. I think it has to be at least one of the two of them if not both, seeing as though they are both pointing a finger at each other. I am leaning towards Saif though, because I think it was more likely that he was the one that processed my withdraw manually.
tcjr

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:03:40 AM

Vignesh is the guy I first got ahold of. He told me he sold the exchange to Saif and gave me Saif's phone number. Soon after I called Saif, my withdraw was processed (I kind of ambushed him on social media too.)

I still have Vignesh as a Facebook friend from when I was doing my investigation... that is how I originally got in touch with him. He seemed generally helpful, and not until I got in contact with Saif did the problem resolve itself. IMO, from my experience with the two (at least at the time I contacted him)... I think that Saif was the owner of Coins-e.

Interesting enough, they are FB friends as I see I have 1 mutual friend with Saif... and it is Vignesh. I guess Saif has more strict privacy settings on his FB account now, and that is why you guys can't see his profile. It still exists though. I guess it is possible that they are both in on it. I think it has to be at least one of the two of them if not both, seeing as though they are both pointing a finger at each other. I am leaning towards Saif though, because I think it was more likely that he was the one that processed my withdraw manually.

I have 250k in my coins-e wallet. did not looked at them for 3 years. Now finally it has some value but than I discover that this site is closed and my coins are gone?

sent this guy Vignesh a message on FB  and twitter, but have little hope as he seems to be offline for the last month ( what a suprise)

Will report any news.

coins-e_fuckers

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:32:50 AM

I also recently found out about the scam of Coins-E! Angry
And I am curious about what is going to happen about it. Isn't there one single thing that we can do?
Look at the other exchanges where scams took place. I mean they got a trial after their asses.
That's the least what we can do to these pathetic people who scammed us all.
mlcurro

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:07:12 PM

Hello, do you know anything new about these scammers?

I put 0.60 BTC in coin-e.com to buy the maxcoin cryptocurrency.

I think the maxcoin is inaugurated in coin-e.com.

I saw the demonstration they made in Keiser Report.

Could we do something? I found this on youtube ...
https://youtu.be/TB67DYw-K44

We have to do something.

Sorry I'm using google translate, I'm Spanish and I do not speak English

Regards
coins-e_fuckers

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:31:58 PM

I have 250k in my coins-e wallet. did not looked at them for 3 years. Now finally it has some value but than I discover that this site is closed and my coins are gone?

sent this guy Vignesh a message on FB  and twitter, but have little hope as he seems to be offline for the last month ( what a suprise)

Will report any news.

Did you get to manage to get a refund or something? Or a reply from the guys?
Idshar01

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:40:35 PM

We are going after the scammers. I have found a private investigator who can track attempt to track down the people that ran coins-e.com. Here is the cog fund me page-https://www.gofundme.com/investigation-of-coinsecom
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:32:36 AM

Did you get to manage to get a refund or something? Or a reply from the guys?

You talking to me?? I apparently was one of the lucky few that got paid back.

I got a refund within a few days of the incident. I'm sorry to those that did not.

My experience with them was kind of shady though tbh, and this is not that surprising.
Liuhake

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:56:13 PM

Hopefully scammers get caught  Angry ... more than 15 BTC gone! We tried to cooperate with the police (1.5year ago?) but they were not interested Cry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: