Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:21:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM **COINS-e.com***SCAM list of unhappy customers  (Read 21826 times)
tonyca

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:07:43 AM

I tried to withdraw my bitcoin for 0.57229350 cents, not going anywhere. withdrawal null.and initiated.

18-Feb-14 21:56:34   null   withdrawal   initiated   0.57229350   0.57229351   0.00000001

and mine doge deposit -4,644.08242276 not going anywhere since they said doge is in maintenance mode.

Is there any support can help?

BTC: 1KS9rRw6uv7mptjEVhBHYMtGKK2QfWVju4
AMT order #645 and #962, where is my refund?
totally amount is US(645#for $ 5155+#962 for $6089)= US$11244
Shuxy

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:27:47 AM

tonyca: Same situation as you, just that mine is GLC instead of Doge. My coin has a null tx id as well. Sad Support has not replied me, two emails and more than 3 days now.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5030

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:32:24 AM

Dude stop acting all "noble". If you care as much as you said you did, place it as the first line of your signature. I've been more vocal about Coins-E in the IRC channels and on Twitter than you have, placing it as a signature that is partially covered because it's large and on the third. Oh, you also fail to mention that your Coins-E "warning" is a referral link to Bter instead of linking to this thread which would have been a lot more beneficial. I too, see which category you stand in Smiley.

Damn your right, I screwed that up, changing it now and speaking of nobl the price is dropping time to stock up. check out the thread they just dropped 5k on some water project.

And crying all day on IRC is not going to warn a N00b about anything they don't even know what IRC is.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Shuxy

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:05:29 AM

I don't cry all day, I joke about it actually. Getting into crypto is a risk in itself Smiley. All good we just have a difference in beliefs Smiley.

Anyway, good news, my BTC came in after about 22 hours. Bad thing is my GLC is still stuck there. Don't think I'll ever use Coins-E again once all my coins are out of them.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:28:04 PM

I don't cry all day, I joke about it actually. Getting into crypto is a risk in itself Smiley. All good we just have a difference in beliefs Smiley.

Anyway, good news, my BTC came in after about 22 hours. Bad thing is my GLC is still stuck there. Don't think I'll ever use Coins-E again once all my coins are out of them.

Well buy some Nobl, fast! It's #2 on coinwarz right now so it's gonna move today. Just a heads-up. your money. Smiley

Sells on CoinEX and Coinmarket.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Tartooth

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:03:33 PM

I didn't know that Coins-e was a dirty site, my 60 franko (60000 doge) is now in limbo.

/sigh

I hope to doge they didn't rob me
gigq

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:00:34 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for making and keeping this thread updated.  Was considering moving some coins into Coins-e until I read this thread.  Some times there are scam threads for exchanges that are really just edge cases but it sounds like Coins-e is just out to scam or is negligent.  Anyways definitely will avoid, thanks.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:45:22 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for making and keeping this thread updated.  Was considering moving some coins into Coins-e until I read this thread.  Some times there are scam threads for exchanges that are really just edge cases but it sounds like Coins-e is just out to scam or is negligent.  Anyways definitely will avoid, thanks.

Nice to see someone has been saved from this nightmare of a site.

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:01:54 PM

Withdrew 2BTCs from COINS-E to Coinedup on 13 Feb. Now over 20 days later the BTCs have dissapeared from my Coins-e account, withdraw confirmed by email, not showing on blockchain and after numerous email, support tickets and tweets, silence from coins-e!!!! What kind of service is this??? Why do they even bother having a support 'fresh desk'Huh I want my 2 BTCs! this is getting fuckin rediculous!!!!!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Cal_42

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:21:05 PM

Withdrew 2BTCs from COINS-E to Coinedup on 13 Feb. Now over 20 days later the BTCs have dissapeared from my Coins-e account, withdraw confirmed by email, not showing on blockchain and after numerous email, support tickets and tweets, silence from coins-e!!!! What kind of service is this??? Why do they even bother having a support 'fresh desk'Huh I want my 2 BTCs! this is getting fuckin rediculous!!!!!!

I sent some DRK yesterday morning. It looks like they took the funds out but my deposit isn't showing, I can't even check the status on their site. Here's the transaction:

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/tx/89182a662a8e9858cc6f07b3bdf13cb371056dc775c1763b614766b7de2d28d8

I've found quite a few posts about them randomly scamming. I'm surprised people aren't warned every time their name is mentioned on a forum.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:54:08 PM

I sent some DRK yesterday morning. It looks like they took the funds out but my deposit isn't showing, I can't even check the status on their site. Here's the transaction:

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/tx/89182a662a8e9858cc6f07b3bdf13cb371056dc775c1763b614766b7de2d28d8

I've found quite a few posts about them randomly scamming. I'm surprised people aren't warned every time their name is mentioned on a forum.

Lost cause, read this thread.

richystran

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:34:30 PM

Well i still have not got my bitcoin back, no answer ever. They can manage to send a tweet no probs when they list another coin but cant answer a ticket.

This guy has got something to do with coins-e https://twitter.com/SaifAltimimi btw.
AJ99

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:27:41 PM

waiting over a month on withdrawals, they are a scam site, they won't respond to support ticket, they MUST be stopped, calling all hackers Wink
Cal_42

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:50:53 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 11:03:13 PM by Cal_42

Well i still have not got my bitcoin back, no answer ever. They can manage to send a tweet no probs when they list another coin but cant answer a ticket.

This guy has got something to do with coins-e https://twitter.com/SaifAltimimi btw.

Based in Canada, I heard they don't speak English on coins-e but this says he runs it

http://www.meetup.com/BitcoinKW/members/23152431/
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 12:39:33 AM

been waiting months for my withdrawl request to be processed, multiple emails sent to support, but they have been silent all this time.  i'm not sure if there was even a change in management or if that was a story cooked to get people back after all the scam accusations last year Shocked

btc withdrawals still work, so if you have some bitcoin there, might be a good idea to get them out.  its seems too much to expect support to help you when their hot wallet runs empty/decide to stick a coin in maintenance for months and no updates.  i had some btc left in there and was able to withdraw it all immediately, but my DGC is still trapped Sad

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
Modo

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:44:06 AM

Hey guys,

Saif Altimimi here. I'm not the owner of Coins-e - I don't actually have much access to the backend. I was involved as a potential investor/acquirer as the owner was interested in off loading it. I'm still doing due diligence on the business and of course this is a serious concern. I have taken a look briefly at the business and funds do not seem to be missing... the company right now seriously lacks dev resources and part of my involvement was to assist with this. I've been getting a flood of tweets - if you want to contact the real owner you can tweet him here. He's based in ottawa and working on the Bitaccess ATMs.

https://twitter.com/vigsun

http://www.vigneshsundaresan.com/

You can keep tweeting me but there really is nothing I can do.. I've forwarded all your concerns to Vignesh and am waiting a reply. I will keep you guys notified on the status but there is no need to worry in regards to missing funds - coins-e does not operate on a fractional reserve and all user funds are still deposited (to my limited knowledge).

Edit: more info on reddit after googling -  http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1v1ec1/ama_request_someone_from_coinse/
Cal_42

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:10:41 AM

Who runs the official twitter account?
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 03:44:30 AM

http://altexplorer.info/chains/NAN/block_crawler.php?transaction=bb8e74a7afc8fb373442c9aafbf47b448f76f702b1c038cee39bc436ca69b74c

Still waiting on a deposit of 163.62255489 NAN to post...sent it over 4 days ago, filed a ticket 3 days ago.  It's not a huge sum (was to be part of an experiment in arbitrage), but it doesn't inspire confidence.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
Cal_42

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:08:43 AM

http://altexplorer.info/chains/NAN/block_crawler.php?transaction=bb8e74a7afc8fb373442c9aafbf47b448f76f702b1c038cee39bc436ca69b74c

Still waiting on a deposit of 163.62255489 NAN to post...sent it over 4 days ago, filed a ticket 3 days ago.  It's not a huge sum (was to be part of an experiment in arbitrage), but it doesn't inspire confidence.

Did you send it from cryptsy?
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:30:25 PM

DO NOT TRUST COINS-E!!!! I still have not heard a word from them on my missing 2 BTCs!! Opened 5 support tickets with all the information! It seems they sent the 2 btcs to a different address to the 1 i gave them and that is in the confirmation email. All is clearly visible in the Blockchain!! What a way to run an exchange!! They are looking more and more like outright scammers by the day!!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀