Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:06:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vague similarities...  (Read 4217 times)
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:13:53 AM

I keep wondering if where we are now

is essentially where we were back then

But then I think that'd be too easy.... Bitcoin price has a habit of biting you in the ass if you rely on half arsed pattern recognition too much.

You can probably tell my thoughts don't run particularly deep these days Cheesy

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:18:39 AM

Overall we look much more bullish this time around.  However, we clearly still have some bearishness to work through somehow.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:31:26 AM

Movements take about 2x longer now than in April 2013, so my guesstimate is late April, not late May.
The difference is back then most coins had already appeared in the books during corrective wave A,
and that's why wave A was so harsh, while now most coins have yet to come (mostly from China).

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:39:46 AM

My thoughts are that people have "news fatigue" right now (I am certainly feeling it) and it is going to take much stronger FUD or good news to impact on the market.   Eg Ghash is back at 38% and no one cares.  So I am expecting a period of stability unless something really really drastic happens.  Of course Bitcoin loves to bite you on the ass so you can never be too sure but there you are. 
1Pakis

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:45:19 AM

Just by looking at the two pictures I say that the current chart looks more bullish.

Tips are welcome at this address 18DVZkpSwmejPjekX3QMKvRRtR8Bfx65LN.
pietje

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:54:42 AM

We will see what happens. Still dont think you can compare them or that the final drop still needs to come.
Still if you hold back then at $120 you would be very happy now.
1Pakis

Activity: 227

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:07:00 PM

I actually hold from sub the 30's.
I also bought some at 90$ last summer.

Tips are welcome at this address 18DVZkpSwmejPjekX3QMKvRRtR8Bfx65LN.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:09:54 PM

I think this...

Looks more like this (red circle)...

Though this consolidation is more like a triangle, so it seems more likely to break up with a target of around $1120 before breaking back down

spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:19:30 PM

It feels similar to me. I think we may have another brief sub 600 period before everyone gets it out of their system and some new money feels it's safe to come in. Once there's a major panic crash and it doesn't go as low as the last one then we may be ready for the next leg up. However, I am getting bored waiting for it!

The Bitcoin Foundation

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:00:50 PM

It feels similar to me. I think we may have another brief sub 600 period before everyone gets it out of their system and some new money feels it's safe to come in. Once there's a major panic crash and it doesn't go as low as the last one then we may be ready for the next leg up. However, I am getting bored waiting for it!

Exactly my thoughts. if you are buy and hold till $100,000 then non of this really matters. But we all know we are here to get ass many coin ass possible. Theres always going to be 50% drops  in BTC its rare but if you are patient, Just set your buy order accordingly and go on with life. Chances are your order will be filled within 6 months and now you have double the  amount of BTC for when it actually does hit $100,000 you can look back and laugh at being twise as rich by just buying off the 30 week EMA.

DOnt get greed and expect a 1000 to 100 drop just set it at half and let it trail , It will eventually get filled
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 02:04:20 PM

Overall we look much more bullish this time around.  However, we clearly still have some bearishness to work through somehow.

Bears make awesome rugs.

oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:51:52 PM

I think this...

Looks more like this (red circle)...

Though this consolidation is more like a triangle, so it seems more likely to break up with a target of around $1120 before breaking back down

Nice observation. I mean, it's all rather uninformative eyeballing, but your eyeballing was slightly less uninformative than mine :P

Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:10:49 PM

You guys are grasping for straws. No really, you are. Take any part of any scale graph of anything and it would be "similar", it will have ups, downs, green and red candles, that's about all of the similarities that you consider substantial enough to base some deductions upon.

Really, tossing a coin would be much more scientific. So just do that. You can toss any number of times until the outcome would be bearish (i.e. 1 more heads than tails), that would be a certain sign of an incoming doom.

i am satoshi
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:23:42 PM

Stop looking at the fucking graphs seriously.

Open your eyes to the world around you. Thousands upon thousands of companies, investors, individuals are getting into Bitcoin since the recent price rise.

Companies around the world are starting to accept bitcoin. New services are coming online all the time. This is an ATH of Bitcoin awareness and it's increasing every day.

Stop thinking about 2 months, 3 months, this is the beginning of mass adoption and acceptance. 2014 is going to be the year that launches Bitcoin into the mainstream.

oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:47:51 PM

Hahaha, I finally start understanding what motivates guys like Blitz and ElectricMucus... Hey, two posters above me, your bull tears are absolutely delicious :3

Seriously though, go re-examine your life. If you can't stomach some bearish (and admitted from post one: non-rigorous) speculation on the specu-fucking-lation subforum then you're obviously more than just a bit imbalanced*

* by which I mean you probably didn't take out your initial investment yet, and it shows. Oh, how it shows.

HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:04:29 PM

After the April 2013 crash, guys were thinking it was a replay of the 2011 crash.  It wasn't.  As you said, that would be too easy.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:13:33 PM

Stop looking at the fucking graphs seriously.

Open your eyes to the world around you. Thousands upon thousands of companies, investors, individuals are getting into Bitcoin since the recent price rise.

Companies around the world are starting to accept bitcoin. New services are coming online all the time. This is an ATH of Bitcoin awareness and it's increasing every day.

Stop thinking about 2 months, 3 months, this is the beginning of mass adoption and acceptance. 2014 is going to be the year that launches Bitcoin into the mainstream.
You have your account since 2011, did you not see how new services, users, companies flocked to Bitcoin all the time while the price first collapsed and later on stagnated for a long time? It did nothing. Prices are a collective mass delusion and its ebbs and flows are very loosely linked to reality.
Rub3n

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

S> Cheap SocialMedia Hype's

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 04:30:58 PM

Im not really trying to see any similarity's. Id say, watch the news and make sure you don't see a similarity when its already to late.

dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:41:43 PM

You have your account since 2011, did you not see how new services, users, companies flocked to Bitcoin all the time while the price first collapsed and later on stagnated for a long time? It did nothing. Prices are a collective mass delusion and its ebbs and flows are very loosely linked to reality.

Yes funny this is my second account, I lost access to my first one when I changed e-mail/lost password.

And yes I've been following Bitcoin every day for over 3 years. There is no doubt there was lots of rubbish information but I never believed the hype. The hype in 2011 is nothing compared to today. Today we have companies like Overstock taking Bitcoin, Paypal are talking about it. In 2014 Amazon might well accept it. This is not 2011.

And it's interesting that you refer to the past bitcoin price to justify your position today yet you fail to remember that anyone investing in 2011 would be a rich man today.

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176

Borsche

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:34:50 PM

* by which I mean you probably didn't take out your initial investment yet, and it shows. Oh, how it shows.

You are as blind in that assumption as you are blind in looking at the graphs, i.e. a complete miss. I could not care less to actually get "unbalanced" by your pattern observations, just pointed out a fact that a coin toss would result in a much better prediction power than your TA. If you want to present a bearish point of view, you should try harder, your reasoning at the moment is even less credible than proudhon's "sources" or somebody else's dream, definitely much less funny since you seem to actually believe the gibberish that you post.

PS and btw, I'm not saying that bitcoin is positioned to go higher now, that would be a silly guess. From TA point of view, the current situation is bearish, but definitely not for the "reasons" that you posted. From the fundamentals, the price should be rising. So while we are waiting for some actual movements to start, I can't pass responding to a silly troll thread like yours one here.

i am satoshi
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: