Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:17:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is cryptsy losing to coinedUP?  (Read 962 times)
Simpy12 (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:41:32 PM

Hello,

I am interested in your opinion about what is happening to cryptsy lately. Cyptsy used to add new coins and in my opinion was leading altcoin exchange. In last weeks cryptsy added only known coins (which were already 'pumped') and very few really alternative ones. On the other hand coinedUP invested in new coins making more and more people to leave cryptsy in hope of profit from not yet known coins.
I heard that cryptsy is performing some upgrades to their page, but can it be really explanantion for stopping trusted users earning money on altcoins? Alterative coin's market is changing rapidly, most of us can not afford to wait weeks for them to fix their problems...

Being honest, I want to add that I wrote this in hope that someone from cryptsy team would read this and finally understand that it is unfair to punish users for cryptsy's problems.

Thanks in advance for answers and ideas
PinkPotatos

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Girls dont crypto?

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 07:23:19 PM

fud up in here

Accepted by, more merchants! - Franko 弗兰克币 - 自由的货币
Earn FRK with your sig
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:02:39 PM

One factor could be the trading fees charged by Cryptsy vs 0% on CoinedUp.

Adds up quickly, especially for day traders.

But Cryptsy uses 2FA, and that extra security may be worth the extra fees?

Volume is key for trading - I'm guessing Cryptsy has more, but I could be wrong.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 07:25:41 PM

Volume is key for trading - I'm guessing Cryptsy has more, but I could be wrong.

Depends. I know guys that trade on low volume exchanges and rake in the crypto. They use different strategies for low volume, and it works for them. Higher volume is what most people plan for, so, it's kind of a self-fulfilling prophesy there.

rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:26:35 PM

coinedup took on a lot of new coins, so got the interest - but it's so slow for me

Love the 0% fees, though

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:53:57 AM

Depends. I know guys that trade on low volume exchanges and rake in the crypto. They use different strategies for low volume, and it works for them. Higher volume is what most people plan for, so, it's kind of a self-fulfilling prophesy there.

No, you are probably right - "normal" technical analysis and techniques for regular markets such as stocks, futures, or commodities cannot be applied to the BTC and altcoin markets.

My greatest fear, though, is hodling some huge stash of "whatever" coin, but with no volume, essentially left as the last "baghodler" Cheesy
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 07:12:04 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 07:24:30 AM by digit

cryptsy has the appearance of being a leader as for a long time it was the only place to trade altcoins, and i guess being american exchange they get more media attention there as well but so many bugs/issues i think they are slowly losing users to other exchanges now like coinex and coinedup.

it seems like they also manipulate new coin listings as well to give impression its valuable eg 42 is a manipulated coin launch, , it began at ridiculously high price before real trading began, the tradebook was even frozen for a few hours so even matching buys after the inital price fixing did not go through.  its not fair to the traders who bought some beleving the hype about rarity and expecting it to go up, place buys over the overpriced buy orders that were frozen.
A fair release of 42/BTC would hav been to let the market decide its value, instead there were overpriced buy/sells minutes after it was listed, too early to believe that they were actual deposits from the miners of 42.  this type manipulation of markets i don't see how US financial authorities would allow this sort of behavior to continue if cryptsy is serious about getting USD pairs on there.  

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: