Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:52:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't be fooled by minor premines  (Read 1514 times)
cryptoirc (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:50:49 PM

A lot of new coins often have 1% or 2% premine. Pretty small, right? Well, no, not really. Altcoin scams only last for around weeks to a month, lets use EAC as an example. EAC has 775,000,000 coins mined so far from 13,500,000,000. This is just 5% of the total coins! Ok, now, Earthcoin has a 2% premine, therefore, they have a 40% premine right now.

Please do some maths and don't be fooled.

Thanks.
sitefive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:58:23 PM

your post gave me a cancer

Mr. Net

Activity: 517
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:04:02 PM

So what do we learn from that?

Buy non premined ones like netcoins.

Money Is Information
brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:11:57 PM

So what do we learn from that?

Buy non premined ones like netcoins.

Seriously is NETCOIN the only legitimate coin out there? Im really looking to diversify my coins but the more I look the more I gravitate back to NETCOIN. Tons and tons of scammers out there. Even 1 coin premined is a scam to me. I dont care how good the coin is. Actually there IS NOT good coin, the only difference is the premine.
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:14:11 PM

Seriously is NETCOIN the only legitimate coin out there? Im really looking to diversify my coins but the more I look the more I gravitate back to NETCOIN. Tons and tons of scammers out there. Even 1 coin premined is a scam to me. I dont care how good the coin is. Actually there IS NOT good coin, the only difference is the premine.

VTC https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404364 is not only completely non-premined (the dev mined 3 _normal sized_ blocks for testing before release), but is also not a scrypt clone. It's multipool and ASIC resistant. I've been banging the drum for it even though I'm nothing to do with the dev, but people seem to prefer premined clone crap.
cryptoirc (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:11:20 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 08:38:14 PM by cryptoirc

How so?
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 05:17:20 PM

I have pre mine cancer - !

: D

op makes a good point with the latest flood remember they are likely creating these to dump them and buy something real - i'e BTC Quark or LTC .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Et Filii

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:47:09 PM

VTC https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404364 is not only completely non-premined (the dev mined 3 _normal sized_ blocks for testing before release), but is also not a scrypt clone. It's multipool and ASIC resistant. I've been banging the drum for it even though I'm nothing to do with the dev, but people seem to prefer premined clone crap.

You linked Vertcoin not Netcoin lol.

On top of it all, even without a premine the NET dev team has continued to put on excellent promos and giveaways...out of their own pockets.

http://forum.netcoinfoundation.org/
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:09:51 PM

90% of all coins are made to make a quick buck. The coins which came with innovation are BTC/LTC/QRK/NMC/PPC, the rest is copy and not worth investing in for long term
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 06:15:51 PM

90% of all coins are made to make a quick buck. The coins which came with innovation are BTC/LTC/QRK/NMC/PPC, the rest is copy and not worth investing in for long term
Incorrect. Litecoin was a clone of tenebrix, and quark was a clone of sifcoin.

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:36:34 PM

Doesn't matter, because these coins where the first to make those innovations go mainstream and that's why they deserve to get the attention.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:45:00 PM

Doesn't matter, because these coins where the first to make those innovations go mainstream and that's why they deserve to get the attention.

this post is horseshit and contradicts your previous post. Hazard is right. Furthermore, QRK is the biggest scamcoin ever, even topping the legendary goldcoin which was one of the best organized pump and dump schemes ever. i'm serious, the scam was so terrible and perfectly executed, half of the altcoin enthusiasts left the scene. but that is nothing compared to Quark which is 90% mined already. talk about the pot that calls the kettle black...

also, to the posters mentioning Netcoin-- It was premined too, not that i care or think its not worthy. I premined both of the coins i made.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:20:18 PM

this post is horseshit and contradicts your previous post. Hazard is right. Furthermore, QRK is the biggest scamcoin ever, even topping the legendary goldcoin which was one of the best organized pump and dump schemes ever. i'm serious, the scam was so terrible and perfectly executed, half of the altcoin enthusiasts left the scene. but that is nothing compared to Quark which is 90% mined already. talk about the pot that calls the kettle black...

also, to the posters mentioning Netcoin-- It was premined too, not that i care or think its not worthy. I premined both of the coins i made.

lol ... QRK a scamcoin?  Please explain with references.  Or is that just an opinion you have?

Anyone could have mined QRK during the initial 6 month phase, which is soon ending.  This rapid mining schedule was done for a purpose to prevent ASICs from coming in and monopolizing the supply.   

Look at Bitcoin, with about 9MM coins left to mine, those are going straight into the hands of the ASICs.  And now scrypt ASICs are coming onto the scene very soon ... QRK has leapfrogged past that stage and is now moving from miners to investors...

You can still buy some, it's relatively cheap now at $.06

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 07:41:13 PM

Quark simply took an insanely expensive/wasteful system - the proof of work blockchain - and made it even more insanely expensive/wasteful.

It also deliberately made itself hard to secure.

Basically the whole flawed concept is that the public is better served by giving all the money in the world to postmen than by allowing delivery of letters parcels messages etc to be open to free market competition so that "postmen" will become mere commodities, a job done as cheaply as possible.

They basically are a postmen union, conspiring to make sure operating a post office is the most profitible business in the world by deliberately jacking up the price of stamps.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
achillez

Activity: 874

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:53:22 PM

Quark simply took an insanely expensive/wasteful system - the proof of work blockchain - and made it even more insanely expensive/wasteful.

Basically the whole flawed concept is that the public is better served by giving all the money in the world to postmen than by allowing delivery of letters parcels messages etc to be open to free market competition so that "postmen" will become mere commodities, a job done as cheaply as possible.

They basically are a postmen union, conspiring to make sure operating a post office is the most profitible business in the world by deliberately jacking up the price of stamps.

-MarkM-

AFAIK QRK had 0% premine at time of launch. the issue people have is that initial blocks provided large rewards. However, *anyone* could obtain these rewards. I personally mined for a couple weeks on a couple computers and accumulated a nice amount. People are pissed because they weren't around for the initial big block mining period.. Tbh, this isn't a premine this is just folks missing out ... just like early day bitcoin and litecoins.
Arakhne

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 07:55:00 PM

A lot of new coins often have 1% or 2% premine. Pretty small, right? Well, no, not really. Altcoin scams only last for around weeks to a month, lets use EAC as an example. EAC has 775,000,000 coins mined so far from 13,500,000,000. This is just 5% of the total coins! Ok, now, Earthcoin has a 2% premine, therefore, they have a 40% premine right now.

Please do some maths and don't be fooled.

Thanks.

I agree with you, at least up to some point. Doing the maths help you to realise how serious is the developer about the coin and how much power he has for pump and dumps. Not an exact information, for sure, but it helps. But I do not think that "premine" is a plague to avoid in all circumstances. If I were to develop a new alt coin, I would premine a decent amount for giveaways/deposits on exchange sites/bribes Smiley to sites to accept it as payment et cetera. So I think that premine/instamine is ok, as long as it is well transparent (how and where it is spent).
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:02:51 PM

-MarkM-

AFAIK QRK had 0% premine at time of launch. the issue people have is that initial blocks provided large rewards. However, *anyone* could obtain these rewards. I personally mined for a couple weeks on a couple computers and accumulated a nice amount. People are pissed because they weren't around for the initial big block mining period.. Tbh, this isn't a premine this is just folks missing out ... just like early day bitcoin and litecoins.

+1 I remember how crazy some people went making hate comments left and right and seeing QRK rising in value realising they invested in the wrong coin and QRK train is leaving without them, now some of those have bought in cheaper and their behaviour changed, soon they will ride the train and again some ill-informed people going to miss the boat. Quark is here to stay and very strong + the fact that it really brings innovation. It also eliminates the mining issues such as constant dumping by miners and asic monopoly.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:56:05 PM

I like premined coins as long as the premine is used for pumping and dumping and then pumping and dumping again. If it's just used for one big dump then yeah it's not as fun unless the premine goes to your wallet.
Et Filii

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:08:58 PM

I was never really a big miner, just a part time GPU guy as I just do not have the rigs. I just trade mostly but I remember a time when Quark was 0.00000030 satoshi. I could have bought it as could anyone else. I wish I would have bought then but I didn't because I felt the name was silly, and in the end I had my foot in my mouth. However I still have not been able to catch the fever. On the other hand, NET (Netcoin) was cheaper once too but as it was listed on the XPM and LTC markets on Cryptsy for a while before they went on the BTC market, many people did not notice until it had already started trading heavily and joined the BTC market. Luckily as a trader I was able capitalize on NET while it was still low in its infancy, however rather than day trade it all away, I held a nice purse to the side because I believe it has long term growth. NET will see $1 soon. I am not even sure if it will take till the next reward halves, as vendors are starting to pile on board already. The future? Looking forward to it.

As for saying NET was premined, a 3 block test provides only slightly more than 3000 NET back at that reward level. Personally I received 5x's more than that in giveaways from the NET site. You can actually see them discussing it on the NET site. Promos come out of pocket, Netcoin's community is top notch.

People should read the ANNs and learn about any coin they would consider holding/trading, this automatically narrows the field to just a few promising alts. In the end though, it is your money but you should educate yourself and go with your gut.

http://forum.netcoinfoundation.org/
KJO

Activity: 173

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:43:42 PM

What a clown.

YOUR entire post is total BS and proves conclusively you know nothing about crypto.

You don't understand even the basics of distribution and mining and cannot even convincingly create a substantive argument because you dont have the facts or the brainpower to do so.

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
http://www.quarkcoin.cc/2013/12/14/mythbuster-pre-mine-with-max-g-qrk-main-developer/

Can you read?
http://www.quarkcoin.cc/2013/12/10/mythbuster-quark-distribution/

Or perhaps a pretty picture will be easier for your brain to hash?

Looking forward to your totally inept response Mr. Ignorant Troll.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: