Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:38:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to Reorientate this Forum towards Cryptocurrencies in general.  (Read 1398 times)
bitbox

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:31:59 AM

Time to Reorientate this Forum towards Cryptocurrencies in general.

Not just no.  Hell no.

Create your own forum.

Agree. Even though I spend a lot of time in Altcoin section...
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 07:03:02 AM

Bitcointalk does have what seems to be an identity crisis.

If altcoin discussions are even allowed here, which they are, even finally receiving more sub-forums to keep altcoin topics from spilling into the Bitcoin areas, is this really a Bitcoin forum anymore?

I've always felt that this forum should either A) fully commit to being the largest cryptocurrency general forum and rebrand itself as such or B) Remove the Altcoin sections entirely and scrub the board of anything but Bitcoin specific content. It seems like Altcoins here are only tolerated, in that case why have anything to do with them at all? Many other altcoin forums have sprung up in recent months.

In the end, this forum doesn't know what it wants to be, and neither does its leadership.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 07:53:15 AM

Bitcointalk does have what seems to be an identity crisis.

If altcoin discussions are even allowed here, which they are, even finally receiving more sub-forums to keep altcoin topics from spilling into the Bitcoin areas, is this really a Bitcoin forum anymore?

I've always felt that this forum should either A) fully commit to being the largest cryptocurrency general forum and rebrand itself as such or B) Remove the Altcoin sections entirely and scrub the board of anything but Bitcoin specific content. It seems like Altcoins here are only tolerated, in that case why have anything to do with them at all? Many other altcoin forums have sprung up in recent months.

In the end, this forum doesn't know what it wants to be, and neither does its leadership.

Agreed.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 1635

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 10:06:05 AM

Indeed, and moving all altcoin to just one forum topic made it clear what the identity was. Now it's diluted as a result of altcoin starting to have subforums. Better to just move all altcoin discussion straight to trashcan and be done with.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:28:46 AM

Indeed, and moving all altcoin to just one forum topic made it clear what the identity was. Now it's diluted as a result of altcoin starting to have subforums. Better to just move all altcoin discussion straight to trashcan and be done with.

Agree.
And for those who want to talk about altcoin or dogecoin, they can make their own altcointalk or dogecointalk.
howzar

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:41:13 PM

LOL wow your words and very much realistic so nice and dogy very much wow.
 Alt-currencies could eat the forum if they were left free and this forum is about bitcoins so... if the currency is popular I am sure there could make a popular forum on their own. and making a sub-forum for each is almost meaningless too since everyday there are more than one coming.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:28:50 PM

I agree with those saying that this is a bitcoin forum, not an altcoin forum. Altcoins already have more than enough space in here.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
rnp

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

Bullish on BitCoins

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 05:09:10 PM

Sounds like Whigs complaining about Republicans.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:21:46 PM

The subforums in the Altcoin section were a favor to me by Theymos, they don't mean that this is now Crypto Currency Talk.

Coming from the guy who sticks up for the alt coin section more than anyone else, it irritates the hell out of me when Theymos throws us a bone, and people decide to ask for more.

The Alternate Currencies section is all you get, its intention is so that you can have BASIC conversation about Alt Currencies, and then you can have your more in depth conversation at your own respective forums. You get sub forums so that people requesting hardware help aren't flooded by giveaway and announcement threads. This kind of stupidness is what brings up the question, "Should we remove the Alternate Currencies section altogether?" I hope the answer is no, but people that are trying to convert the Bitcoin users here into Altcoin users, rather than just staying in your own section is what irritates people and ruins it for all of us.

The people are here at Bitcointalk for Bitcoins, if you want to have a conversation about *insert coin name* I doubt anyone would mind if you keep it out of their way, say in a secluded Alternate Currencies section. But then you get in their faces with it anyway, and they get mad and its ruined for everyone that wants to partake in Alt Coin conversations.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: