Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:22:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Atheism does not exist  (Read 11631 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:01:09 AM

Science is the study of ego and spirituality of the soul. 

No, it isn't. I've never studied either of them.

Then you don't understand what they mean.  Ego in this case is the material world.  Soul is what you feel/see from within.

Sorry.  As a scientist I can tell you that 'study of ego and spirituality of the soul' is in fact not the current definition of science.  See the Wikipedia article 'science'. 

As I said, science is the study of the physical world, what we can measure.  Think in broader terms, science is ego's outer perspective of the universe, philosophy is consciousness's inward perspective.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 04:06:09 AM

No, it isn't. I've never studied either of them.

Then you don't understand what they mean.  Ego in this case is the material world.  Soul is what you feel/see from within.

Sorry.  As a scientist I can tell you that 'study of ego and spirituality of the soul' is in fact not the current definition of science.  See the Wikipedia article 'science'. 

As I said, science is the study of the physical world, what we can measure.  Think in broader terms, science is ego's outer perspective of the universe, philosophy is consciousness's inward perspective.

The "spirituality of the soul" cannot in any way be construed as a study of the physical world.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:13:52 AM

I think you read it wrong, I was referring to spirituality separate from science.

A friend on facebook posted this, so I'm quoting for truth.

"It's logically impossible to prove there is no God. You'd have to be everywhere in the universe at the same time. You'd have to be....God."

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:14:48 AM

It's impossible to prove god isn't a spaghetti monster.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:17:31 AM

Which is why the flying spaghetti monster is one of infinite gods.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 04:27:11 AM

I think you read it wrong, I was referring to spirituality separate from science.

This is what you wrote:

Is there another way to read that?

Prolifik

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:36:28 AM

I have a PHD in fuck and this is fuck.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:37:37 AM

This is what you wrote:

Science is the study of ego, and spirituality of the soul.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:38:55 AM

To be more clear, science is the study of the ego.  Spirituality is the study of the soul.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 04:42:15 AM

This is what you wrote:

Science is the study of ego, and spirituality of the soul.

Ah, I'm sure wars have been started over misplaced commas!

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:35:36 PM

Crazy is a word for lack of understanding.

I'm actually talking to a doctor in hopes of her being able to help communicate the spiritual nature of the universe to my parents.  She told me this term of anti-psychiatry today in which the world is insane and the people considered crazy in today's world are the sane ones.

If you'd just take a look at what our society consists of, this is clearly evident.  Legalized theft.  Legalized murder/war.  No right to chose what goes in your body.  Slaughtering of mass amounts of animals through machines.  Humans stuck in a cycle of eating other beings that are in fact the same being as you.  Injecting neurotoxic drugs into nonviolent teenagers against their will.  Depletion of earth's resources, purposeful pollution of earth's environment.  Governments spying on their own people.  Governments killing their own people.  Governments creating enough nukes to blow up the planet 40 times.  Governments engineering biological weapons.

Yeah, I'd say she hit the nail on the head with that one.

richo262

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:26:51 PM

A friend on facebook posted this, so I'm quoting for truth.

"It's logically impossible to prove there is no God. You'd have to be everywhere in the universe at the same time. You'd have to be....God."

Oh shit, then it must be true!!

You should add this to the end to make it seem even more valid

It's logically impossible to prove there is no God. You'd have to be everywhere in the universe at the same time. You'd have to be....God.
- Friend from Facebook.

You sir, are without a doubt, the biggest idiot I have every met.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:31:24 PM

Who's the idiot?  The one who judges words based off who said them or the one who judges words based off what they mean?

FalconFly

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Sentinel

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:42:57 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 05:03:05 PM by FalconFly

I'm actually talking to a doctor in hopes of her being able to help communicate the spiritual nature of the universe to my parents.  She told me this term of anti-psychiatry today in which the world is insane and the people considered crazy in today's world are the sane ones.

If you'd just take a look at what our society consists of, this is clearly evident.  Legalized theft.  Legalized murder/war.  No right to chose what goes in your body.  Slaughtering of mass amounts of animals through machines.  Humans stuck in a cycle of eating other beings that are in fact the same being as you.  Injecting neurotoxic drugs into nonviolent teenagers against their will.  Depletion of earth's resources, purposeful pollution of earth's environment.  Governments spying on their own people.  Governments killing their own people.  Governments creating enough nukes to blow up the planet 40 times.  Governments engineering biological weapons.

Hmm... Again, please recheck your definitions.
Yours may perfectly fit a crazy person pondering why the reality surrounding him doesn't seem to add up nor understands him.

I find it irritating that you label someone considering "help communicate the spiritual nature of the universe" a doctor. A person fulfilling such a task is clearly not a doctor.
The only thing possibly more disturbing is that you hope to infect your own parents with the same viral infection that took hold of your mind (with by now very obvious, catastrophic consequences - which you fail to even recognize -> which unfortunately partly fits the actual definition of crazy).
Being religious alone isn't much of a problem, being religious to the point where the mental virus starts its host to spread it (parasite begins to exhibit aggressive polyvirulence) is really where things go from bad to worse for an infected person.

Ironically, I actually see the 2nd half of your post above occuring as you write it. However, no matter how bleak the view or outlook on society may be or become - no reason to surrender to make-beliefes or any other pseudo-comforting surreal constructions. To a sane and clear mind, none of these are ever required.
Going from a troubled/decaying society and unknown future to build up fear and insecurity is the typical tool for religion to infect a weak mind. That's how churches filled their houses with sheeple for many centuries.

The key is to understand that this (in some form or another) has always been or seen this way - yet we're still alive.
Like and most presumably more like any other lifeform on this planet, humans are designed and built to endure, adapt & survive by nature. So far, the design surely has limits but it is quite successful.

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:04:04 PM

I'm actually talking to a doctor in hopes of her being able to help communicate the spiritual nature of the universe to my parents.  She told me this term of anti-psychiatry today in which the world is insane and the people considered crazy in today's world are the sane ones.

Hmm... Again, please recheck your definitions.
Yours may perfectly fit a crazy person wondering why the reality surrounding him doesn't seem to add up nor understands him.

I find it irritating that you label someone considering "help communicate the spiritual nature of the universe" a doctor. Such a person is clearly not a doctor.
The only thing possibly more disturbing is that you hope to infect your own parents with the same viral infection that took hold of your mind (with by now very obvious, catastrophic consequences - which you fail to even recognize = which unfortunately partly fits the actual definition of crazy).

lol wut?  She's not a doctor because she believes we are a unified being?  Are you serious?

I didn't know you couldn't believe in anything but science to be a doctor.

You really don't seem to understand that god is not an infectious disease, it is a perspective.  There are two perspectives to everything.  I will contrast the negatives to positives for you through the terms ego and soul.

Ego             
Sad
Hate
Fear
Confusion
Separation
Materialism
Soul
Happy
Love
Peace
Understanding
Unity
Spiritualism

Do you see the correlation?  Do you really believe trying to help my parents become more positive and at peace with their selves is a bad thing?  If you do, I'm going to assume you're still on the left end of this spectrum and have not experienced the true divinity of living in the moment disregarding all ego.  I've experienced levels of happiness that people won't experience until they die and I think it's only fair I give everyone the knowledge and wisdom I have learned so they can embark on their own journey of finding their true self.

Maybe you're not affected by seeing your parents dwell in complacent negativity, but I can't just watch people suffer and not try to help them.

FalconFly

Sentinel

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:17:28 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 05:29:40 PM by FalconFly

lol wut?  She's not a doctor because she believes we are a unified being?  Are you serious?

I didn't know you couldn't believe in anything but science to be a doctor.

Again... Science is not a believe. Science is knowledge. Try to get that into your head.

You really don't seem to understand that god is not an infectious disease, it is a perspective.  There are two perspectives to everything.  I will contrast the negatives to positives for you through the terms ego and soul.

Something that doesn't exist isn't a perspective - it's called delusion.

Do you see the correlation?

Yes, some have a direct correlation. Some don't. Based on the few correct ones, that's called language. Has nothing to do with religion or believes of any kind.

Do you really believe trying to help my parents become more positive and at peace with their selves is a bad thing?  If you do, I'm going to assume you're still on the left end of this spectrum and have not experienced the true divinity of living in the moment disregarding all ego.  I've experienced levels of happiness that people won't experience until they die and I think it's only fair I give everyone the knowledge and wisdom I have learned so they can embark on their own journey of finding their true self.
Maybe you're not affected by seeing your parents dwell in complacent negativity, but I can't just watch people suffer and not try to help them.

First of all, I don't "believe". I either know or where sufficient knowledge is unavailable, assign realistic probabilities based upon all available information - fully knowing decisions based on these are done at max. in a high confidence band (mathematically speaking) and may require re-assessment at any time.
Trying to "help" your parents again has nothing to do with religion in the 1st place. Unfortunately, that's something believers can't get their limited minds around and thus that detail escapes them.
When I see people suffer, I do help them as well. How can that be? Oh wait... it doesn't take make-believes and superstition to do good or be a good person.

Oh, and please spare me of your "knowledge and wisdom".
Knowledge you clearly do not possess (how could you, you're a believer, which contradicts knowledge in the 1st place) and general lack of education you have demonstrated more than enough.
If you call your writing wisdom, then you just reasserted yourself as a lost case.

I surely don't know what PTSD or other psychological craters were once bombed into your mind (soul if you want to label it that way) concerning your Ego - but whatever that was, you sure couldn't handle it at the time - and not today.
It's none of my business but you show very clear signs of these. A very good psychatrist might help you, but there's no guarantee involved with that.
Your call to continue dwelling in self-complacent religious delusion - or (no offense intended) lift your arse and goddamn do something about it.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:57:33 PM

Again... Science is not a believe. Science is knowledge. Try to get that into your head.

So you're telling me you don't believe you know something?  Have you experienced every instance and occurrence of scientific experimentation to form your knowledge?  Because if you're not basing your knowledge on what you have solely experienced, than you are, yes, having faith in the word of others.  Believing.

Something that doesn't exist isn't a perspective - it's called delusion.

Are you telling me you feel no love, no peace?

And I think we should take a step back to where I said non existence does not exist.  Everything is everything, therefor everything exists.  To believe something does not exist in an infinite universe is delusional.

Yes, some have a direct correlation. Some don't. Based on the few correct ones, that's called language. Has nothing to do with religion or believes of any kind.

Care to share your perspective what words and language are?  Could it be science and spirituality are different forms of languages that describe our universe?

First of all, I don't "believe". I either know or where sufficient knowledge is unavailable, assign realistic probabilities based upon all available information - fully knowing decisions based on these are done at max. in a high confidence band (mathematically speaking) and may require re-assessment at any time.
Trying to "help" your parents again has nothing to do with religion in the 1st place. Unfortunately, that's something believers can't get their limited minds around and thus that detail escapes them.
When I see people suffer, I do help them as well. How can that be? Oh wait... it doesn't take make-believes and superstition to do good or be a good person.

Oh, and please spare me of your "knowledge and wisdom".
Knowledge you clearly do not possess (how could you, you're a believer, which contradicts knowledge in the 1st place) and general lack of education you have demonstrated more than enough.
If you call your writing wisdom, then you just reasserted yourself as a lost case.

I surely don't know what PTSD or other psychological craters were once bombed into your mind (soul if you want to label it that way) concerning your Ego - but whatever that was, you sure couldn't handle it at the time - and not today.
It's none of my business but you show very clear signs of these. A very good psychatrist might help you, but there's no guarantee involved with that.
Your call to continue dwelling in self-complacent religious delusion - or (no offense intended) lift your arse and goddamn do something about it.

Sure you believe.  Maybe your ego, your false self doesn't believe, but I know part of you does.  You believe in the computer you see, you believe you're having a conversation with me, and I'd bet you believe that you exist.  Is that fair to say?

You know only what you experience, I have experienced things in the physical realm that confirm my beliefs.  I have acquired wisdom from deep within my mind, anybody is capable of doing so but it is up to you to let go of your negative side restraining you from accomplishing that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_records

I don't know why you're throwing the word religion around, nothing I have talked about in this thread has to do with religion except atheism.  I believe in positivity, which just so happens to be the same thing as god though the later term has been grossly perverted by personification.  What is negativity without positvity to contrast it to?

FalconFly

Sentinel

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:16:22 PM

So you're telling me you don't believe you know something?  Have you experienced every instance and occurrence of scientific experimentation to form your knowledge?  Because if you're not basing your knowledge on what you have solely experienced, than you are, yes, having faith in the word of others.  Believing.

Oh boy, you really are a thickie, aren't ya.
The whole purpose of science is that every other scientist can reproduce a scientific study under described conditions and... *drumroll* verifiy it.
This how it's done and has nothing to do with believes.
The pure knowledge to be able to confirm science by checking on its validity and independent publications (short of experimenting yourself) is what makes the process transparent.

No matter how hard you try to link science to "believe" , it's in vain, as it defies the very definition of science.
It's also clear you don't even know the most basic foundations of science (lack of education), thus your cedibility writing about it is reduced to zero.

What does lack of delusional behaviour have to do with human emotions? You're mixing stuff that is in relation to each other again.

And I think we should take a step back to where I said non existence does not exist.  Everything is everything, therefor everything exists.  To believe something does not exist in an infinite universe is delusional.

That sentence was complete and utter nonsense when you first wrote it, and it still is today.

Care to share your perspective what words and language are?  Could it be science and spirituality are different forms of languages that describe our universe?

Care to understand that words and language have nothing to do with "perspective" ?
Could it be you're writing nonsense again? Science is there for you to confirm 1st hand or let others do it. It isn't a language but relies on mathematics to transport its core message.
Religion isn't a language either, just a make-believe mental virus that infects weak minds. Apart from that, it only exists in some infected humans heads. In reality, nothing of it exists.

Sure you believe.  Maybe your ego, your false self doesn't believe, but I know part of you does.  You believe in the computer you see, you believe you're having a conversation with me, and I'd bet you believe that you exist.  Is that fair to say?

*ugh* do you even read correctly?
As you're obviously incorrect, you believing you know I would "believe" in something proves your so-called knowledge is false and free of any coherent logic. State of denial at best.
I don't "believe" in computer I see, it's actually there and I know how it works (duh, small but big difference). The conversation we have - we have (obviously) and if I didn't exist... guess what, we wouldn't have this converation, now would we ?!

Seriously, you need a psychatrist or stop doing drugs.

You know only what you experience, I have experienced things in the physical realm that confirm my beliefs.  I have acquired wisdom from deep within my mind, anybody is capable of doing so but it is up to you to let go of your negative side restraining you from accomplishing that.

...really don't do drugs. At least cut back on them. If no drugs involved - see a psychatrist ASAP.

[...] nothing I have talked about in this thread has to do with religion except atheism. [...]

Why do I not wonder you don't even remember what you wrote just hours earlier?
Your "logic" is so terribly incoherent, inconsistent and incomprehensible... I suspect you're really a special need person.

Anyway, I'm outta here, this is worthless. Lost case, religious nut.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:06:55 PM

So you're telling me you don't believe you know something?  Have you experienced every instance and occurrence of scientific experimentation to form your knowledge?  Because if you're not basing your knowledge on what you have solely experienced, than you are, yes, having faith in the word of others.  Believing.

Oh boy, you really are a thickie, aren't ya.
The whole purpose of science is that every other scientist can reproduce a scientific study under described conditions and... *drumroll* verifiy it.
This how it's done and has nothing to do with believes.
The pure knowledge to be able to confirm science by checking on its validity and independent publications (short of experimenting yourself) is what makes the process transparent.

No matter how hard you try to link science to "believe" , it's in vain, as it defies the very definition of science.
It's also clear you don't even know the most basic foundations of science (lack of education), thus your cedibility writing about it is reduced to zero.

What does lack of delusional behaviour have to do with human emotions? You're mixing stuff that is in relation to each other again.

And I think we should take a step back to where I said non existence does not exist.  Everything is everything, therefor everything exists.  To believe something does not exist in an infinite universe is delusional.

That sentence was complete and utter nonsense when you first wrote it, and it still is today.

Care to share your perspective what words and language are?  Could it be science and spirituality are different forms of languages that describe our universe?

Care to understand that words and language have nothing to do with "perspective" ?
Could it be you're writing nonsense again? Science is there for you to confirm 1st hand or let others do it. It isn't a language but relies on mathematics to transport its core message.
Religion isn't a language either, just a make-believe mental virus that infects weak minds. Apart from that, it only exists in some infected humans heads. In reality, nothing of it exists.

Sure you believe.  Maybe your ego, your false self doesn't believe, but I know part of you does.  You believe in the computer you see, you believe you're having a conversation with me, and I'd bet you believe that you exist.  Is that fair to say?

*ugh* do you even read correctly?
As you're obviously incorrect, you believing you know I would "believe" in something proves your so-called knowledge is false and free of any coherent logic. State of denial at best.
I don't "believe" in computer I see, it's actually there and I know how it works (duh, small but big difference). The conversation we have - we have (obviously) and if I didn't exist... guess what, we wouldn't have this converation, now would we ?!

Seriously, you need a psychatrist or stop doing drugs.

You know only what you experience, I have experienced things in the physical realm that confirm my beliefs.  I have acquired wisdom from deep within my mind, anybody is capable of doing so but it is up to you to let go of your negative side restraining you from accomplishing that.

...really don't do drugs. At least cut back on them. If no drugs involved - see a psychatrist ASAP.

[...] nothing I have talked about in this thread has to do with religion except atheism. [...]

Why do I not wonder you don't even remember what you wrote just hours earlier?
Your "logic" is so terribly incoherent, inconsistent and incomprehensible... I suspect you're really a special need person.

Anyway, I'm outta here, this is worthless. Lost case, religious nut.

I think you're missing what I said.  Beliefs formulate your reality.  Whether you believe in your thoughts, theories or everything, you're still believing in that something to take presence in your reality.  You don't think you have beliefs, rather believe you have thoughts.

Do you really consider love delusional behavior?  Because that's what god is, love, positvity.  Forget your preconceived notions that god is solely one magical humanoid being, god is all.

Please explain how everything is everything is nonsense.  Saying everything is not everything seems like complete nonsense to me.

Are you kidding?  Everything has to do with perspective.  One person can say one thing and someone else might interpret it totally different, it's all perspective.
I am also communicating mathematics through logic of true and false statements.  Mathematics, nor science, does not disprove god.  You may even find they support it.
Keep in mind atheism is a religion.  As much as you'd love to think you have no beliefs, everyone does, subconsciously or not.

What you fail to realize is while that computer is actually there, so is everything else fathomable to the mind.  Everything exists everywhere.  This is why people that have had egodeath or near death experiences have encountered the white light.  Your brain is like a radio tuned to one station, imagine the frequency opened up to every station possible, you would have pure noise.

You don't seem to know the difference between a religion and spirituality.  A religion is a set of beliefs that have to do with the creation and existence of the universe.  Atheism is a religion.

Spirituality is when you look for the answers by yourself, within yourself.  Religions are based off the spirituality that a few experience and translated into words as a guide for others to find their nature of the universe, they are not law.  Just like science.  The universe has no bounds, the universe has no law.  You are limited by the walls you build yourself, you are limited to your own beliefs.

“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.” - Gandhi

Though this is not about winning, this is about uniting as the singular being we are.

FalconFly

Sentinel

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:19:43 PM

I'll try to sum up that nonsense you wrote (simply because your religious state of denial makes it useless to dissect and destroy every single one of your flawed pseudo-arguments) :

You actually think that everything is revolving around believes and you actually have not even a concept of the difference between knowledge, probabilities and believe.
You actually believe everything the human mind can fathom - exists.

[Yoda]Terribly mistaken you are, young padavan[/Yoda]

You believe - I know. That's the difference. Hughe difference. A difference which implications your mind will predictably fail to grasp.
Considering what you wrote about your "knowledge and wisdom", if you weren't such a sad example of a mentally incabable homo sapiens, it could actually be funny.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: