Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:21:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Earth’s Greatest Threats  (Read 2276 times)
Adebisi74

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:58:55 PM

in my oppinion greatest threats are humans, their fear, their greed, their panic, and possible assosiations that find together to reach goals at the expense of others. like bitcoin for example.
I totally agreed with this submission. Human is the Earth greatest fear. Human greediness. Have you ever asked why this mass production of mass destructive weapons. Who are we hunting. Cyber war, economic war, global warming are all aftermath effect of man's action.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitBite5

Activity: 210
Merit: 40

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:14:36 PM

If we continue like this we will destroy ourselves so we are the greatest threat. Climate changes and endangered species are consequence of human actions. If we don't wake up now soon it might be too late and developed countries that are the bigest threat to Earth should lead wit their example.
kncmars

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:14:18 PM

From the whole history of mankind, I am afraid that the greatest threat to the earth are ourselves. The earth has been happened mass extinction five times since the birth of the earth, will it be re-evolved again?
Ladysmith

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:17:49 PM

Read the other day that laziness caused homo erectus to die out. It's possible that our near-sightedness and general disrespect for ourselves and nature will cause homo sapiens to meet a similar fate.. I don't think this will be the case though, as we are resourceful and there are enough forward-thinking people among us who are currently coming up with various alternatives to standard life on earth-space colonization, mind uploading, etc. Also feel like after this summer people are starting to realize the extent of which the damage we've caused and will start giving a shit.
FroggysDoggy

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:41:00 PM

They're so numerous that naming them makes no sense. Our world is ridiculously fragile...
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:22:39 AM

They're so numerous that naming them makes no sense. Our world is ridiculously fragile...

Odd, I see the world as remarkably resilient and strong. It is the sum of successful methods of billions of years, right?

Fragile?

Bah.
fluxer

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:37:35 AM

Antibiotic-resistant bacteria. We hear about it but I feel that for the most part, we tend to think that it's a problem that somebody else will tend to and figure out.
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:33:10 PM

I believe that the greatest threat of our planet is humans also. This is just simply because all that problems that is happening in our world is because of us. Like for example, the depletion of ozone layer is due to us that continuously using things that releases toxic chemical and another thing is that we keep on cutting trees. We all should be enlightened that we do really caused those problems but we are also the ones who are capable to do something to control and minimize those issues.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
typertees

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 02:55:43 AM

the greatest threats itself is human behavior, we should aware that our earth is getting older. and some nature resources cannot be renewed.
and our child heritage will be just a ton of building and skyscrapper.
adamantasaurus

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:33:01 AM

I share the OP's opinion that one of the greatest problems is climate change I think in something like 50-100 years a lot of major coastal cities will be under water (don't quote me on that statistic though). Another one of the biggest threats is govnt over reach in my opinion it has gotten too big and too powerful and the people that run it are too dumb and do nothing except get in the way of true progress, it's like anything that we want to do to make the world a better place these old fu**s have some sort of problem with it because they are too old and really someone that old does not belong in that position of power they are not aware of the world today they lived in a different time and all they are doing is slowing down good progress with their dumb repressive laws!
anti76

Activity: 730
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:25:58 PM

There are a lot of threats on our planet.Now we need to solve them as soon as possible.If all countries stop pulling the blanket on themselves and sit down at the negotiating table and constructively hold a dialogue,most likely it will be possible to find a solution to the problem.
BestSSS

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 04:45:41 PM

A National Geographic article accurately describes the state of our planet through outlining the major issues present every Earth Day since 1970. Environmental issues began with pesticides causing death in bald eagles and soot darkening our atmosphere. This year, it’s not just the awareness of plastic use imperiling the earth that is brought up. Today’s worsening environmental issues are apparently, a culmination of all the groundwork humanity has laid over the past two hundred years. 

Habitat loss and climate change are the most pressing issues we are facing today, and one can’t help but fear the seemingly inevitable destruction of our planet.

I believe we have every right to question humanity’s emotional connection to the natural world.

I think the problems in the world are directly related to the rate of growth of mankind on earth - and this is the main reason. Man destroys nature from that and all these cataclysms described in National Geographic. Just think about these numbers.
During the first 500 years of the second Millennium, The world's population has increased by about 1.5 times, the second - 12 times, and only in the last - the 20th century - almost 4 times. The acceleration in population growth is well reflected in the number of years in which the World's population has increased by 1 billion inhabitants. Such C show that the population of the Earth has reached the population:

in 1 billion people - in 1820, i.e. in the history of its development;

2 billion people in 1927 - after 107 years,

3 billion people in 1960 - 33 years later,

4 billion people in 1974 - after 14 years,

5 billion people in 1987 after 13 years,

6 billion people in 1999 - 12 years later.

As you can see, the accumulation of the first billion inhabitants of the Earth took several tens of thousands of years, while the 6th billion of them appeared in the last 12 years.

Thus, the 20th century was the period of the fastest growth of the world population. The General accumulation of the human mass was pushed by the entry of an increasing number of countries into the period of sharply expanded reproduction of the population-the demographic revolution

♛New CA$H Exchange (https://newc.com.br)♛
✪An Innovative Cryptocurrency Platform✪
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:52:25 PM

As you can see, the accumulation of the first billion inhabitants of the Earth took several tens of thousands of years, while the 6th billion of them appeared in the last 12 years.

Thus, the 20th century was the period of the fastest growth of the world population. The General accumulation of the human mass was pushed by the entry of an increasing number of countries into the period of sharply expanded reproduction of the population-the demographic revolution

A billion here, a billion there, those billions add up.

I mean, we could get to a billion per hour or per microsecond. The planet's weight would increase so fast it would collapse on itself like a black hole.
ci1990

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:00:54 PM

Greatest threat to the life on Earth is homo sapiens.

We ruin our one and only home with plastics, trash, climate change etc.

Today humanity consumes nature in the name of modernisation, however true modernisation can never arise from exploitation. We shall be in harmony with nature. Otherwise nature will get rid of us.

MrPresidentIM

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:31:34 PM

Greatest threat to the life on Earth is homo sapiens.

We ruin our one and only home with plastics, trash, climate change etc.

Today humanity consumes nature in the name of modernisation, however true modernisation can never arise from exploitation. We shall be in harmony with nature. Otherwise nature will get rid of us.

I certainly agree with that. In some way, we can say that a man is the Earth’s greatest threats because the man is ignorant and reckless...
Rhosadah
Copper Member

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:49:58 PM

The war will be a very frightening threat in the world, because the sophistication of war technology will now take a huge toll on the world in various countries.
for the other is an outbreak of disease can also be categorized as a threat in the world where various disease outbreaks / viruses that currently have not found a cure both prevention and healing.
Windrunner88

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:52:35 AM

I think the problems in the world are directly related to the rate of growth of mankind on earth - and this is the main reason. Man destroys nature from that and all these cataclysms described in National Geographic. Just think about these numbers.
During the first 500 years of the second Millennium, The world's population has increased by about 1.5 times, the second - 12 times, and only in the last - the 20th century - almost 4 times. The acceleration in population growth is well reflected in the number of years in which the World's population has increased by 1 billion inhabitants. Such C show that the population of the Earth has reached the population:

Yes, a lot of these problems have been exaggerated due to the population growth. I would just like to point out though that birthrates are going down. The growth is slowing down. We hit 7 billion in 2011, so another 12 years passed. The world population is not actually growing exponentially. The growth will continue to slow. We'll actually have some problems of underpopulation in some places. I think we're gradually becoming more responsible for how we're treating the Earth and we're getting better at it.
Squishy01

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:46:59 PM

I believe ignorance is the greatest threat to our planet.

Ignorance is a broad topic, but I would like to focus on ignorance concerning nature and the environment. Here's one example that I experienced first-hand that perfectly depicts this problem:

My friend and I were arguing over the use of plastic straws. We were eating at a fastfood joint and I told him not to get straws for us because we can drink directly from the paper cups. He didn't get straws for the rest of us, but he got a straw for himself. We all told him that we're trying to save the environment by boycotting plastic straws, and we encouraged him to do so too.

He argued that many people will use straws anyway so why not just be part of the problem because trying to solve it is futile anyway, and that why should he be inconvenienced over such thing.

That is how the mindset of others are, and trust me, there are a lot of humans who think that way. Ignorance is NOT bliss.

However, I believe I was able to make him change his stance after I told him this reasoning: If more and more people refuse to use plastic straws, fastfood joints would have more in stock, making them order straws from suppliers less frequently. If they order less frequently, factories making the straws will have to create fewer supplies. It's the basic law of supply and demand.

If more and more people practice boycotting plastic and join in other efforts such as recycling and not littering, we may have a big impact on the effort to save the world.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:28:31 PM

Once we become too great of a threat to the earth she will deal with us in her own way.
Tramle091296

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 03:39:13 AM

in my oppinion greatest threats are humans, their fear, their greed, their panic, and possible assosiations that find together to reach goals at the expense of others. like bitcoin for example.
And the more the technology becomes more and more advance its do the opposite on the environment the plastics, E-waste will more and more and will destroy the living things in this world. we need to recycle some of this for the benefits of human life to avoid of destruction of earth or even the human life also. focusing more and more to technology is not always the answer. People's being contented is the problem of the earth that why it cant stop if we dont recycle any of this even, it cant stop atleast it will lessen the destruction of environment and human life.

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: