Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 07:38:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Launch: TeslaCoin [TSLA] 1st Coin on Top of iXcoin's Ultra Secure Network  (Read 5849 times)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 10:00:13 PM

I don't think this version of Tesla has anything to worry about. Keep the name.

What do you mean?  The guy announced it yesterday then he's got dibs on the coin.

Unless he's launching TeslaCoins.  As in plural.  I noticed his website states teslaCoins.

If not then I cannot launch TeslaCoin as well.  It wouldn't be right.

Nobody has "dibs". You'll have to use a different ticker to differentiate it. TES. TSL, TSA, whatever. There are two NyanCat coins. Coin names aren't like domains. You can have more than one with the same name. I don't think a crapcoin is going to much of a thorn in your side.

Put it this way. If you launched first, do you think anyone would hesitate in copying the name?

If you're going with coloured coins you could try something a bit more flamboyant. Like Wavelength, Spectrum, Prism. Something like that.

Prism sounds good.

Are you serious?  It's not a backstab in anyway?  

I suppose it is possible as my TeslaCoin would be a completely different proof of concept.

And I bought the domain last year with this intent.  

And if there's already an acceptable precedent then I suppose it's something to think about.

I would allow them plenty if time to get their coin off the ground and get popular. I'll even wait 2-3 months so there is no confusion.  Most coins die out or are forgotten by then anyway.

Finally, my coin would be SHA256 and I'm guessing theirs is not.

I'll definitely think about it.  But for now this launch is at least delayed to allow the other guys a fair launch.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 10:01:54 PM

Your coin should not be SHA nor Scrypt it should be a coloured coin or based on a totally different consensus method than blockchains.

(But one that works, we don't yet though really know if any other approach actually works...)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 10:04:38 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 10:29:39 PM by Vlad2Vlad

You didn't bother to properly sew up domain names is part of the problem.

You should have at the least grabbed the .com, .net and .org of Teslas, TeslaCoin and TeslaCoins even if you could not get Tesla itself.

Maybe TeslasCoin and TeslasCoins also.

Maybe go more-generic... Did anyone grab autocoin and autocoins yet?

Maybe Vehicoin and Vehicoins and VehicleCoin and Vehiclecoins and CabCoin and Cabcoins and such?

-MarkM-

When you spend $2,000 on 160 domains in a single week and you're unemployed and have to sell your truck to buy iXcoins, trust me, the dot com domain feels like plenty.  TeslaCoin.com is plenty as rarely does anyone think to type in extra letters.

As for generics, most were gone but I did grab most sports and religions.  Lol.

I have a thread listing like half my coins if you wanna take a look.  I'm hoping to sell a few to get money for iXcoin development.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 10:06:06 PM

Your coin should not be SHA nor Scrypt it should be a coloured coin or based on a totally different consensus method than blockchains.

(But one that works, we don't yet though really know if any other approach actually works...)

-MarkM-

Ok thanks.

See, my version of Tesla would be very different from TES so I don't feel too bad.  I will still allot them 2-3 months to get it going.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 10:07:49 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 10:30:43 PM by Vlad2Vlad

Here are some of my domains out of which I'm hoping to sell a few [if the price is right] to further iXcoin development.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=417890.0

Trafficlearn

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:09:56 PM

-MarkM-

Ok thanks.

See, my version of Tesla would be very different from TES so I don't feel too bad.  I will still allot them 2-3 months to get it going.

Hey Vlad..thank you for your courtesy on holding off on a coin launch.  It is appreciated.
I am awaiting a valuation on the domain as we discussed and once i have a fair value i will give you a shout.  In the meantime if there are any other avenues you would like to pursue (rental etc) I am also willing to hear your thoughts,

Thanks.

~TESLACOINS ~      http://www.teslacoins.com  Teslacoins! Renewable energy mining!  COMING SOON!
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:11:40 PM

-MarkM-

I don't even know why there would need to be a different consenus method.

The corporation would own the coin,  it would issue its coin with the proper unlocking methods.

From the perspective of tying a coin to a product, the whole notion of mining coins with compuation absolutely does not make sense.

For each NUDC,  one can create a separate module that handles how the coin gets distributed.   To get the each newly minted coin each address just needs to show 'proof' of the winning condition to the issuing address and new coins are issued to the winning address.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Dexter44

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:20:28 PM

ALL THIS IS MADNESS
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 10:21:13 PM

I just realized that I bought TeslaCoin.com and TeslaCoin.org, as well.  That must have been before I had to sell my truck for alt coins.  lol.

I completely forgot - but this means Mr. Elon Musk is gonna get a visit from me.  

I'm not joking.  I simply don't know any better.  Ha.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 10:26:47 PM

ALL THIS IS MADNESS

There it is.  No matter what I do, it eventually leads to me being called MAD, crazy or insane. 

I think I would be more worried at this point if I didn't get such a response.  lol.

Dexter, maybe you're not seeing the big picture here and what this would mean for iXcoin.  This would be a massive Proof of Concept if we can pull it off and would likely make iXcoin the center of the alt coin universe.

This is a Massive Opportunity for iXcoin.  Trust Mark and Friction if you really think I'm crazy.

And that is brilliance, not MADNESS.  But BRILLIANCE and MADNESS tend to look the same in their early stages so I don't blame you.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 10:28:28 PM

-MarkM-

I don't even know why there would need to be a different consenus method.

The corporation would own the coin,  it would issue its coin with the proper unlocking methods.

From the perspective of tying a coin to a product, the whole notion of mining coins with compuation absolutely does not make sense.

For each NUDC,  one can create a separate module that handles how the coin gets distributed.   To get the each newly minted coin each address just needs to show 'proof' of the winning condition to the issuing address and new coins are issued to the winning address.

Ok, so for this coin how should we be advertising it?  Just so people and miners know what to expect and so I can update the OP?

Thanks, Friction!

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 10:36:24 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 10:52:37 PM by Vlad2Vlad

-MarkM-

Ok thanks.

See, my version of Tesla would be very different from TES so I don't feel too bad.  I will still allot them 2-3 months to get it going.

Hey Vlad..thank you for your courtesy on holding off on a coin launch.  It is appreciated.
I am awaiting a valuation on the domain as we discussed and once i have a fair value i will give you a shout.  In the meantime if there are any other avenues you would like to pursue (rental etc) I am also willing to hear your thoughts,

Thanks.

Hey traffic, I'm sorry, I had no idea you had already launched.  I thought it was something you were considering in the future.

Like I said in the PM, people who launch coins have very small budgets and my plans for TeslaCoin have been big due to the unique nature and popularity of the name.

I'm curious what the fair value will come out as.  Thing is, any appraising algorithm uses recently sold samples and the coin domain madness has just begun.  

But I don't know you or your situation so maybe you're what I expect to soon happen:  real developers with real budgets so make me an offer for a rental option (and include the timeframe) and the worst I can do is say, sorry but thanks.

And the reason is that I planned to take this to Elon Musk - he's gotta see the massive potential here and if he doesn't see it now I'm hoping he'll see it later this year when I expect cryptos to really blow up.

Tyson2295

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:11:17 AM

welp the launch has been postponed for the other tesla so yeah

Et Filii

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:40:57 AM

Pull the trigger Vlad, launch this coin.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 03:42:53 AM

Usually domain value is based on the amount of natural type-in traffic (people who just type the domain name directly, usually with the browser adding dot com to it by default), the amount of organic search engine traffic from existing links, the alexa ranking and stuff like that.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 03:44:12 AM

To do it on top of IXCoin needs one of the coloured coin clients to be modified (probably only a tiny bit like with making coin clones) to run on IXCoin blockchain instead of whatever other blockchain it currently uses (which might currently even be bitcoin's testnet not even bitcoin's main net yet.)

-MarkM-

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 09:48:03 AM

Another man has put time, effort and money into launching a different tesla coin so I gotta wait a while until his coin makes it or breaks it.

And besides, we're doing so egging very different here by making this coin ride on top of IXcoin. Nobody knows if it will work but if it does it will change a lot of things and will open the door for a lot of innovation.

That said, since we have to wait a couple months now we might as well take our time and do it right to ensure a smooth launch.

I'll keep you guys posted but until then check out TES, the guy announced the launch well ahead of time and he built a nice website.  These are all things a good dev does so TES looks like it has a lot of great potential.

Thanks for your interest - I'll keep you guys posted.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 09:51:13 AM

Usually domain value is based on the amount of natural type-in traffic (people who just type the domain name directly, usually with the browser adding dot com to it by default), the amount of organic search engine traffic from existing links, the alexa ranking and stuff like that.

-MarkM-

That's interesting.

So how would I go about doing an appraisal for a domain then?  There must be a website that offers a quick appraisal just as a rough idea.  These coin domains are just starting to have some value so it may not come up as much since traffic to most coin sites is just starting to pick up but that should grow exponentially on a monthly basis.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 10:12:42 AM

There are lots of domain appraisal sites, I bet google has heard of at least some of them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+much+is+my+domain+worth

Gosh how about that, isn't google amazing...

-MarkM-

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 10:18:57 AM

There are lots of domain appraisal sites, I bet google has heard of at least some of them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+much+is+my+domain+worth

Gosh how about that, isn't google amazing...

-MarkM-

Lol, I did google that earlier today but the sites I found were either misleading or only pretended to be free.  I was hoping you techies would know of a good specific site.

Thanks for the effort - I have time now to do a more in depth search.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: