Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Social Experiment  (Read 11983 times)
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:54:45 PM

Nice one.  LOL
I guess it was worth it just to see if it was a scam or not.
Kind of bummed it was a scam it's not like I can afford to be scammed when I myself am broke.

Sweet.  I saw Anthony Bourdain eat a camel supposedly was tasty.  Starman should send some out way.

didn't want to go through all 6 pages of the replies, was the social experiment ever revealed?  what was the big secret...does anyone want to provide cliffs notes?

He took their money and ran. Changed his name and is living in the Arabian Peninsula where he now sells used camels.  Grin

Yea, I like watching that show with Anthony Bourdain. Maybe someday we will see Bourdain interviewing Starman. I suppose by then Starman will be living in a tent with 6 wives. Oh by the way, I hear he does except Bitcoin for his used camels.BTC

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:32:13 PM

The only thing that you've revealed about this experiment so far is that it involves getting people to donate BTC to a wallet that you control. Maybe if you gave your real world information or you explained more about what your experiment involves, people would be less skeptical about the experiment.

what it also revealed is that people are willing to just hand strangers money without checking up on them or asking questions. and that if starman did infact reveal more info.. such as a nigerian prince sob story, or a sure bet investment. people would be MORE skeptical and not give coins

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:58:31 PM

Very true.
I figured that because he basically only asked for the price of a cup of coffee total that it was not going to be some big scam but then again who knows.  Maybe he will pay it forward in the future.
I hope in some way it helped him.  It is the bigger scammers that really anger me.  I am out .09657 BTC from a someone who used the fact that they had traded in the past and had positive trust to rip a bunch of us off.  That is the kind that hurts.  It just happened this weekend.
Makes me want to throw up. 

The only thing that you've revealed about this experiment so far is that it involves getting people to donate BTC to a wallet that you control. Maybe if you gave your real world information or you explained more about what your experiment involves, people would be less skeptical about the experiment.

what it also revealed is that people are willing to just hand strangers money without checking up on them or asking questions. and that if starman did infact reveal more info.. such as a nigerian prince sob story, or a sure bet investment. people would be MORE skeptical and not give coins

kies1107

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:10:01 PM

i think what starman is forgetting when he suggests that its only small amounts. but what maybe $1 today, maybe $1000 next year, and with it taking a noob miner maybe a couple of days to earn such amount of dust from a single GPU, they are reluctant to just hand it over without some idea as to the reason.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: