Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:57:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoxCoin - A Fully Dynamic Cyptocurrency [DYING]  (Read 111072 times)
MoNxO

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:52:18 AM

United-Miners.

UPDATE: We're still working on it - finding 500 blocks in around 1-2 minutes has meant the backend jobs that are ran have got into spasms, and don't know what to do with themselves. Rest assured we will get the problem fixed and are working our hardest to do so as quickly as we can.

Please note: All current blocks and shares are STILL being recorded, so do not worry.

so this means that my 0 balance is normal?

Do you speak english?

Let's Color the MOON: YMnKCParE88kWBDqWieWhbra1w56F9SyaZ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RobbieRonalds

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:52:39 AM

So reading all this and still being a noob, can anyone tell me how this difficulty thing works?
riotz

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:54:39 AM

United-Miners.

UPDATE: We're still working on it - finding 500 blocks in around 1-2 minutes has meant the backend jobs that are ran have got into spasms, and don't know what to do with themselves. Rest assured we will get the problem fixed and are working our hardest to do so as quickly as we can.

Please note: All current blocks and shares are STILL being recorded, so do not worry.

so this means that my 0 balance is normal?

Yes, from what they've said all the data is there it's just the site isn't updating because it couldn't keep up with so many blocks found at first..  I haven't a clue how long it will take, but as I said before I never had any issues with their other pools paying out..  that's why I went with them for this coin
dmgta

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:55:01 AM

Hey FOXCOIN creators wish you would of listened to me at the beginning this is a flop no one will waste their hashing power to make a small amount of coins per day. I am moving my 6 MHS away

All you had to do was raise the block reward amount. Think about it no one wants to mine a coin when they hold 100 after hours of mining theres no point we can't profit off it unless it goes to an exchange at a hugely overpriced value which is wont based on coins in comparison with BTC.

You claimed you would listen to people at the beginning

Later this coin had potential but am bored of wasting 6MHS and getting no coins ugh

lame argument,...

What Noobs like you don't understand is if there are no miners with larger hashing power mining a coin it will not make it. You may consider us to be pump and dump type guys but we aren't all that way. I hold stakes in all coins i mine and have a policy to hold them for a minimum of 3 months.

When there is no net hashing power and it is all comprised of smaller miners the coin will not have enough in circulation for an exchange to take it seriously let alone add it to their exchange as their is no profitability for them. They make money on transactions by taking a fee.

It's all relative and to further my argument "whales" as you like to put it are the ones who pay alot of money to have high hashing power which in turn has associated costs i.e. initial equipment and running costs like hydro etc etc. We have to allocate our resources to where a profit can be made, which doesn't mean pump and dump means trade coins to pay off these costs.

Look at DOGE their payouts per block and amount of coins and i guarantee it is higher than fox will ever get.

Good luck
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:55:21 AM

So reading all this and still being a noob, can anyone tell me how this difficulty thing works?

The idea is that blocks are found at a certain rate, say one every ninety seconds.

If lots of people are mining it then the blocks will be found too quickly, so the difficulty goes up to slow things down.

As I understand it, anyway.
roostercoin

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:56:01 AM

Just a FYI for those mining on united... check cgminer status as I was getting a huge number of errors on mine (started mining right at the launch) with mostly rejects then it started giving me a message "stratum worker is temporarily banned".  0 Coins in dashboard and I moved to MoreHash pool within 10 mins and all has been fine since. Not blaming this on pool owner (as it's likely something I did wrong) but just thought it may be worth a heads up to check to see if anyone else seeing that.  Hope we see some coins there soon.
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 12:56:04 AM

1st P2pool node 1% fee

http://rav3n.dtdns.net:9199/

P2pool source on my fork git: https://github.com/Rav3nPL/p2pool-rav
I`ll run more nodes tomorrow when fox land on git.
Pool down, looks like foxcoin is not working in same way on 32bit linux and windows/64bit linux.
http://pastebin.com/5yRvHwcJ

1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni  Bitcoin stuff on my OneDrive
My RPC CoinControl for any coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929954
Some stuff on https://github.com/Rav3nPL/
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:59:33 AM

The method at work here was authored by the developer of Megacoin... he dubbed it "Gravity Well" because it has 100% accurate difficulty re targeting to keep the block solution timing constant no matter how much hashrate is thrown at the coin.

Basically... when it calcs too many blocks have been solved in too short a time... difficulty ramps up to meet the new rate needed to offset it, then on the very next block it calcs again and adjusts accordingly... every block... and even when hashrate drops... the difficulty scales down to accommodate so the fewer miners aren't stuck hashing at a higher difficulty than is needed.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Leather

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:05:47 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 02:19:58 AM by Leather

compiled mac wallet and tested everything is ok

wallet download:

https://mega.co.nz/#!t0FWFJLL!a0qjMhBnhT7tITd8lEHl8kBo63NoHiiz8YNJKMmk7d0
virus scan result :

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/ce12b34f4b58f23e05084a061896da86f19a5f6bbe3cb1d1e5bf780d7748155c/analysis/1390269692/

screen shot:

daemonfox

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:07:38 AM

Hey FOXCOIN creators wish you would of listened to me at the beginning this is a flop no one will waste their hashing power to make a small amount of coins per day. I am moving my 6 MHS away

All you had to do was raise the block reward amount. Think about it no one wants to mine a coin when they hold 100 after hours of mining theres no point we can't profit off it unless it goes to an exchange at a hugely overpriced value which is wont based on coins in comparison with BTC.

You claimed you would listen to people at the beginning

Later this coin had potential but am bored of wasting 6MHS and getting no coins ugh

lame argument,...

What Noobs like you don't understand is if there are no miners with larger hashing power mining a coin it will not make it. You may consider us to be pump and dump type guys but we aren't all that way. I hold stakes in all coins i mine and have a policy to hold them for a minimum of 3 months.

When there is no net hashing power and it is all comprised of smaller miners the coin will not have enough in circulation for an exchange to take it seriously let alone add it to their exchange as their is no profitability for them. They make money on transactions by taking a fee.

It's all relative and to further my argument "whales" as you like to put it are the ones who pay alot of money to have high hashing power which in turn has associated costs i.e. initial equipment and running costs like hydro etc etc. We have to allocate our resources to where a profit can be made, which doesn't mean pump and dump means trade coins to pay off these costs.

Look at DOGE their payouts per block and amount of coins and i guarantee it is higher than fox will ever get.

Good luck

This was true for older coins with outdated difficulty adjustments...

Say it with me... G R A V I T Y ... W E L L ...

Block production remains constant... so even when you "whales" ;eave... the same amount of coins are produced to be traded... however they are split by less people. From the exchanges point of view... they could give a rats ass if you have your farm on a coin or not.

The only effect a farm has on a coin is this... higher total hashrate of a coin means each KH or MH earns that much less... that means each coin took more resources to create and gives each coin more value. You "whales" staying on a coin makes them more valuable when you stay long term. Ultimately, when services like coinchoose and coinwarz add coins to their sites, the average profits scale to meet other coins of the same algorithm. That is due to people seeing it be profitable and putting their hashes on it... scaling the individual profitability down.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Ekolol

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:12:00 AM

United-miners still 0 coins after 2 hours and 11 minutes
Suave

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:12:37 AM

That mac wallet. Doesn't work. It has a .exe file....
TN5

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:14:06 AM

United-miners still 0 coins after 2 hours and 11 minutes

Yeah wtf, I'm out.

Noblecoin
Leather

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:15:46 AM

That mac wallet. Doesn't work. It has a .exe file....

uploaded wrong file,now its correct
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 01:17:59 AM

1st P2pool node 1% fee

http://rav3n.dtdns.net:9199/

P2pool source on my fork git: https://github.com/Rav3nPL/p2pool-rav
I`ll run more nodes tomorrow when fox land on git.
Pool down, looks like foxcoin is not working in same way on 32bit linux and windows/64bit linux.
http://pastebin.com/5yRvHwcJ

Ok, at the moment I run deamon under windowz to keep it in sync.
I hope it will run properly on linux32 soon, because all my vms are 32bit to save memory ;] Can`t start up more nodes.
Pool up and running.

1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni  Bitcoin stuff on my OneDrive
My RPC CoinControl for any coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929954
Some stuff on https://github.com/Rav3nPL/
ascendancy

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:22:11 AM

been mining with 5MH at united miners for hours and still 0 coins... wtf scam shit pool
morehash

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:23:03 AM

FOXCOIN MINING POOL ONLINE!!!
http://foxcoin.morehash.com/

OUR POOL IS OVER 450MH/s!!

Features:
0% FEES FOR LIFE
STRATUM, VARDIFF, PPNLS
DDOS-PROTECTED
Fast server with 4x hexacore CPUs
Ramdisk and Memcache
Payouts are run every minute!

Support: (Passwords, PINs, signup problems, etc)
Contact razorfish on irc.freenode.net in #foxcoin

I cannot reply to PMs here. I'm getting a lot and the site severely limits the amount of replies per minute.

http://foxcoin.morehash.com/
Gcr0n

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:23:15 AM

FOX: x18nA9tceaG2Gmmcpib7E6aCZAbtD9RKqx

btc: 1MDQVRQLZe1Y6Vqa5krreHVkFj6fz8sXGd
xapo: 3NpqxQgQXe3HDW6BZNXn3XDvhWh7r3eyi2
LTC: LWs7EK5A8oQBMiGagJsgwgAA5o3ecWkTmY
Doge: D72wxwxjHJun6CiyibcvfZNV2HN7TFpCF3
RobbieRonalds

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:24:40 AM

The method at work here was authored by the developer of Megacoin... he dubbed it "Gravity Well" because it has 100% accurate difficulty re targeting to keep the block solution timing constant no matter how much hashrate is thrown at the coin.

Basically... when it calcs too many blocks have been solved in too short a time... difficulty ramps up to meet the new rate needed to offset it, then on the very next block it calcs again and adjusts accordingly... every block... and even when hashrate drops... the difficulty scales down to accommodate so the fewer miners aren't stuck hashing at a higher difficulty than is needed.

The idea is that blocks are found at a certain rate, say one every ninety seconds.

If lots of people are mining it then the blocks will be found too quickly, so the difficulty goes up to slow things down.

Thanks Guys it makes more sense now.

Also looked up what a Gravity Well actually is, and one picture made it very clear for me. How more weight you put on a ball spinning....
So maybe it also helps others:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d9/GravityPotential.jpg
daemonfox

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:29:03 AM

Thanks Guys it makes more sense now.

Also looked up what a Gravity Well actually is, and one picture made it very clear for me. How more weight you put on a ball spinning....
So maybe it also helps others:

Glad to have helped you understand this. KGW is an excellent development for crypto in general, and quite a few coins have adopted it and implemented this into their latest updates. Franko is one of these, they suffered for a long time with hit and runs as difficulty dropped to nothing... whales would move in and mine them all up until the next adjustment... then leave the small amount of dedicated hashrate to mine at super high difficulties for long periods of time. Now, at block 400K, Franko Gravity Well kicks in.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: