Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:59:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoxCoin - A Fully Dynamic Cyptocurrency [DYING]  (Read 111071 times)
TorVek

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:53:59 PM

If I'm reading the order book at Poloniex right, it would take only 4.76 BTC in a buy to push the price up over 0.0082 mBTC, which would put FoxCoin into the top 100 and on the front page... and at current BTC prices, that's just less that $3,000 worth.

So this looks like it could be pushed into taking off surprisingly fast.   Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AnonyFox (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:04:05 AM

FoxCoin is now listed on CoinMarketCap, at the time of this post it is the 132nd biggest currency out of 154 (you have to hit "Next 100" or "View All" at the bottom of the page to get it to show up.

Now is when it starts getting interesting.  I suspect that the recent spike in hash rate has a LOT to do with it showing up there... that's a bellwether I've been waiting for!
Achievement unlocked  Wink
Next level - Crypsy, Bter. And now it doesn't seem that impossible.
This is all great progress.

Damn I sold most of my coins far too low.

What I learned: Always make a sell order for a potential pump.
Do us all a favor and go.
If I'm reading the order book at Poloniex right, it would take only 4.76 BTC in a buy to push the price up over 0.0082 mBTC, which would put FoxCoin into the top 100 and on the front page... and at current BTC prices, that's just less that $3,000 worth.

So this looks like it could be pushed into taking off surprisingly fast.   Smiley

I would prefer real progress, not price hype.

I'd like to point out that FoxCoin was not designed for profit and we do not support profitdiggers, pump and dumpers, etc. While there is very little effectively nothing we can do to stop the practice we directly oppose anybody digging FoxCoin just for profit.

The goal of FoxCoin is to innovate and be used for various applications we dislike anybody that wishes to stifle our progress to the goal.
TorVek

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:19:08 PM

I'd like to point out that FoxCoin was not designed for profit and we do not support profitdiggers, pump and dumpers, etc. While there is very little effectively nothing we can do to stop the practice we directly oppose anybody digging FoxCoin just for profit.

The goal of FoxCoin is to innovate and be used for various applications we dislike anybody that wishes to stifle our progress to the goal.

I think the goal of having FoxCoin be an innovative alternative currency with multiple uses (i.e. widely accepted) is one that I very strongly support.  The question is how do we get to that point?  Personally, I don't think it helps the potential future of the coin to act as if the word "profit" is somehow a dirty word... and demonization of profit is (IMO) far more likely to strangle FoxCoin in its crib than it is to help it grow.

I realize that FoxCoin is designed specifically to combat the flash-in-the-pan syndrome that seems to afflict so many of the newer altcoins, and I think that's a good thing.  I'd like to see FoxCoin continuing on long after the majority of the currently-listed altcoins on CoinMarketCap have faded into oblivion.  So I agree that a tulip-bulb mania style bubble inflating and popping isn't in the long-term interest of the FoxCoin community.  I don't want that at all.

That being said, you've got a chicken-and-egg problem here that is made much worse by taking a position that anyone interested in profit is rather unwelcome and will be "actively opposed".

Here's how I see it:  For FoxCoin to have a long future, it needs a solid base of people devoting their resources to mining it, rather than to mining any of the other 150+ altcoins that are out there.  It also needs to have an established base of people who are interested in having the coin itself in their possession. How does FoxCoin get to that point?

There's been quite an effort to get the coin listed on various exchanges... why?  You've just slammed someone in your community over selling the coin early and wanting to learn from that experience by positioning themselves better in the future to help minimize regret.  I don't know of anyone who is interested in trading altcoins with a goal of of being unprofitable, yet you seem to be treating the notion of trying to come out on the positive side of trading as some kind of badge of shame.

Why seek to get the coin listed on exchanges if you don't want anyone to exchange the coin? Every time someone sells a FoxCoin, someone else is buying a FoxCoin. I would think that should be seen as a good thing, as it shows a spreading interest in the future of the coin itself. 

When a coin is in the early stages, as FoxCoin is, with a wide variety of other coins competing for mining resources, it seems to me that the number-one thing that the coin needs is to attract attention and interest... miners will generally need a good reason to specifically mine FoxCoin as opposed to other coins.  If you take the position that no one who would rather have FoxCoin be worth more (i.e. interested in "profit") is welcome in your community, it seems like you're making an active effort to drive miners AWAY rather than attract them.

For a coin to be attractive to mine, there seem to be two primary drivers: I can spend these mined coins today on services or goods in such a way that my net cost is lower than using fiat currency (which is another way of saying that mining the coins is a net profitable transaction because it lowers my costs), or I can hold the coins until later, in the hopes that the value will grow over time and then I can spend them, again creating a scenario where the action is in my best interest precisely because it represents a net profit.  Adam Smith's "Invisible Hand" is not evil, but an enlightened self-interest in profit is crucial to understanding why it works.

For someone to spend their FoxCoins on goods or services, merchants have to be interested in accepting it.  Is the merchant unwelcome if they expect that accepting the coin will lead them to a net profit?  Is a potential customer of that merchant unwelcome to mine FoxCoin if they think doing so allows them to make a more profitable transaction?

I don't see much hope for attracting merchants with an attitude like that, or attracting interest in mining the coin, either.

I've pointed out before that I think the key to making FoxCoin successful is establishing the USPs that will make people want to mine it (and hopefully, to keep mining it).  I'd like to help in that regard, but I'm disinclined to do so if you're interested in trying to treat me as an enemy.  I'm not.

I'm a wee little miner in the grand scheme.  My total mining power hasn't increased in ages, and I'm under 300kh today.  I've never bought a crypto-currency, nor have I even traded one crypto-currency for another one.  I've never bought dedicated hardware for the purpose of mining either, I've always mined on existing hardware I already had.

I have mined and spent coins, but doing so costs me money in direct electricity costs, and marginally for cooling in the summer from running an extra PC that otherwise would not need to be on.  It would be irrational of me to do so if it represented a net financial loss to me... that's just a waste.  I mine because I get a positive marginal utility from it, or in other words, because it is a net profitable transaction to do so.

I would submit that if you think anyone who is interested in profit is "stifling your progress to the goal", then the real person who is stifling progress is probably you.  I think you can ill-afford to alienate almost everyone else who is involved in crypto-currencies or even involved in any form of capitalism itself, and whether they know it or not, all of those folks are interested in profit.

If you want to be innovative, and add distinctiveness to the coin, I encourage you to do so without reservation.  No one else but you seems to be stopping you.  Develop the features and implement them.

I have quite a few ideas for suggestions, innovations and features which (I believe) could help FoxCoin become a true long term stand-out in the world of altcoins... but I am quite unwilling to help out if my expected reward for doing so is to have you or others metaphorically spit in my face for having the sheer gall of wanting to end up profiting from my contributions.

In the end, it's up to you, AnonyFox.  Perhaps you should re-examine your premises and determine what is truly most important to you in this endeavor, and what serves to further that goal.
WorldCoinIndex

Activity: 229
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 07:25:21 PM

Got u guys listed!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=384546.0

BTC:1JVzATpuSvyz889mquf6Y7atUnAYFFUGyg LTC:La7fvvNNN7tBAhD91Emu8Xo77uXE5wUYha
http://worldcoinindex.com/coinrequest
Crypto currency price index
farvali

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 04:51:50 PM

Thank you! Very nice!  Smiley

FOX: x3PXgfQ9S5oJ85Q5xujWCq6VnAhTQ8Jptg
http://vk.com/foxcoinrus
farvali

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 11:05:51 AM

Please update the OP with information that FoxCoin has been added to Worldcoinindex and Coinmarketcap. Isn't that important  Huh

mamleader

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:47:43 AM

difficulty is now going down good thing for miners make more coin at current diff :-) .. http://www.foxcoin.info should get a lot of traffic as it is got impressions and clicks through Google adwords .. the site needs some work .. why we have login link in the site ?.. new style maybe good start for now .
farvali

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 12:20:24 PM

difficulty is now going down good thing for miners make more coin at current diff :-)
oh yeah, feel so good! mining tons of foxes now  Wink

TorVek

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:07:08 PM

difficulty is now going down good thing for miners make more coin at current diff :-)
oh yeah, feel so good! mining tons of foxes now  Wink

The corollary to that low difficulty is that the total network hash rate is back down to a low rate, which shows that not many people are interested in applying hashing power to the coin.  That's the whole point of the Kimoto Gravity Well: to quickly adjust difficulty to match up with the total network hashing power, which acts as a counter-force to those who engage in pool hopping.

Those of us who stick with the coin when others lose interest gain some benefits, but without a solid base of well-distributed hashing power, the coin will remain at risk of a 51% attack, and with a very low total network hash rate (as we see with these very small difficulties), that risk amplifies substantially.

We can't have our cake and eat it too... to be successful long-term, the coin needs enough interest from the crypto-currency community of miners to get them to devote some significant amount of hashing power.  That's why I was happy to see that (brief) spike up to the 250 Mhash range, since it indicated renewed interest.  That has dropped now to less than 10% of that value, and I've seen it as low as 5% of that.

Despite AnonyFox's complaints about "price hype", we have problems to solve if the coin is going to avoid collapse from multiple 51% attacks... and that calls for getting a LOT more people to pay attention and mine it, and having a rising trading value for the coin is one of the historically most successful means of attracting attention.  Sure a lot of it will fall away eventually when they see that the Kimoto Gravity Well makes it less exploitable from a difficulty-manipulation standpoint, but some of them would be likely to stick around.

I think we need the big surge in interest if only to attract the small subset of those who will stick around in the long-term, establish a strong mining base to make the coin secure, and then move on to the next tier: adding USPs and distinctiveness to get word-of-mouth going from OUTSIDE the current crypto-currency community, and get users who have never mined anything before to get their feet wet via in-wallet mining of FoxCoin.  Just my two Fox, mind you.
Forexperiments

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 09:52:29 PM

There's a foxcoin tipbot on reddit?

Magliette ed adesivi Bitcoin e criptovalute, spedizione gratuita in Italia Grin
kov

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 03:23:26 AM

Fox pals.

deathmul

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:42:11 AM

Maybe it's time to migrate with fox to Mintpal?

farvali

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 09:35:49 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 10:00:20 AM by farvali

For sure it is! But how can we get in there? Voting?

RoyalCobra

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:53:03 PM

Slow pump incoming on cryptorush, be ready.
rastabit

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:20:21 PM

I'm new with Fox...wich is the .conf and the command for solo mining with wallet?
 Huh

DIGIT  DIG: dThKSCBgQJ36gdkMYqoMCBiGyC8hWgcJjL  DIG In!

Coffeecoin- 100% FREE Distribution:dThKSCBgQJ36gdkMYqoMCBiGyC8hWgcJjL
AnonyFox (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:10:36 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 09:41:51 AM by AnonyFox

So this looks like it could be pushed into taking off surprisingly fast.   Smiley

I think the goal of having FoxCoin be an innovative alternative currency with multiple uses (i.e. widely accepted) is one that I very strongly support.  The question is how do we get to that point?  Personally, I don't think it helps the potential future of the coin to act as if the word "profit" is somehow a dirty word... and demonization of profit is (IMO) far more likely to strangle FoxCoin in its crib than it is to help it grow.
You definitely have a point here, profit is a much better tool to attract interest.

I realize that FoxCoin is designed specifically to combat the flash-in-the-pan syndrome that seems to afflict so many of the newer altcoins, and I think that's a good thing.  I'd like to see FoxCoin continuing on long after the majority of the currently-listed altcoins on CoinMarketCap have faded into oblivion.  So I agree that a tulip-bulb mania style bubble inflating and popping isn't in the long-term interest of the FoxCoin community.  I don't want that at all.
I'm really glad we're on the same (similar) page Smiley

That being said, you've got a chicken-and-egg problem here that is made much worse by taking a position that anyone interested in profit is rather unwelcome and will be "actively opposed".
Hmm.. Perhaps I was unclear. Read the bold statement below.

Here's how I see it:  For FoxCoin to have a long future, it needs a solid base of people devoting their resources to mining it, rather than to mining any of the other 150+ altcoins that are out there.  It also needs to have an established base of people who are interested in having the coin itself in their possession. How does FoxCoin get to that point?
Very true. Obviously the community would have to reach a point where a significant portion of people that believe in FoxCoin's purpose. How do we get there? Well that is uncertain.

There's been quite an effort to get the coin listed on various exchanges... why?  You've just slammed someone in your community over selling the coin early and wanting to learn from that experience by positioning themselves better in the future to help minimize regret.  I don't know of anyone who is interested in trading altcoins with a goal of of being unprofitable, yet you seem to be treating the notion of trying to come out on the positive side of trading as some kind of badge of shame.
My bold statement applies to this.

Why seek to get the coin listed on exchanges if you don't want anyone to exchange the coin? Every time someone sells a FoxCoin, someone else is buying a FoxCoin. I would think that should be seen as a good thing, as it shows a spreading interest in the future of the coin itself.  
So people can buy FoxCoins. My bold statement below also has some relevance here. I guess this is a gray area that I didn't explain in detail.

When a coin is in the early stages, as FoxCoin is, with a wide variety of other coins competing for mining resources, it seems to me that the number-one thing that the coin needs is to attract attention and interest... miners will generally need a good reason to specifically mine FoxCoin as opposed to other coins.  If you take the position that no one who would rather have FoxCoin be worth more (i.e. interested in "profit") is welcome in your community, it seems like you're making an active effort to drive miners AWAY rather than attract them.
Again, my bold statement applies here.

For a coin to be attractive to mine, there seem to be two primary drivers: I can spend these mined coins today on services or goods in such a way that my net cost is lower than using fiat currency (which is another way of saying that mining the coins is a net profitable transaction because it lowers my costs), or I can hold the coins until later, in the hopes that the value will grow over time and then I can spend them, again creating a scenario where the action is in my best interest precisely because it represents a net profit.  Adam Smith's "Invisible Hand" is not evil, but an enlightened self-interest in profit is crucial to understanding why it works.
Well I do believe there is a third driver for using FoxCoin - and for that matter crypto in general. While profit is definitely in mind with many people, some seek crypto because they find it intrinsically better then other centralized fiat currencies, and thus adjust their currency portfolio to reflect that philosophy.

For someone to spend their FoxCoins on goods or services, merchants have to be interested in accepting it.  Is the merchant unwelcome if they expect that accepting the coin will lead them to a net profit?  Is a potential customer of that merchant unwelcome to mine FoxCoin if they think doing so allows them to make a more profitable transaction?

I don't see much hope for attracting merchants with an attitude like that, or attracting interest in mining the coin, either.
My bold statement again applies.

I've pointed out before that I think the key to making FoxCoin successful is establishing the USPs that will make people want to mine it (and hopefully, to keep mining it).  I'd like to help in that regard, but I'm disinclined to do so if you're interested in trying to treat me as an enemy.  I'm not.

I'm a wee little miner in the grand scheme.  My total mining power hasn't increased in ages, and I'm under 300kh today.  I've never bought a crypto-currency, nor have I even traded one crypto-currency for another one.  I've never bought dedicated hardware for the purpose of mining either, I've always mined on existing hardware I already had.
I'd love to hear your suggestions.

I have mined and spent coins, but doing so costs me money in direct electricity costs, and marginally for cooling in the summer from running an extra PC that otherwise would not need to be on.  It would be irrational of me to do so if it represented a net financial loss to me... that's just a waste.  I mine because I get a positive marginal utility from it, or in other words, because it is a net profitable transaction to do so.
Bold statement again applies.

I would submit that if you think anyone who is interested in profit is "stifling your progress to the goal", then the real person who is stifling progress is probably you.  I think you can ill-afford to alienate almost everyone else who is involved in crypto-currencies or even involved in any form of capitalism itself, and whether they know it or not, all of those folks are interested in profit.

If you want to be innovative, and add distinctiveness to the coin, I encourage you to do so without reservation.  No one else but you seems to be stopping you.  Develop the features and implement them.

I have quite a few ideas for suggestions, innovations and features which (I believe) could help FoxCoin become a true long term stand-out in the world of altcoins... but I am quite unwilling to help out if my expected reward for doing so is to have you or others metaphorically spit in my face for having the sheer gall of wanting to end up profiting from my contributions.

In the end, it's up to you, AnonyFox.  Perhaps you should re-examine your premises and determine what is truly most important to you in this endeavor, and what serves to further that goal.
My bold statement applies to this aswell. Again I'd enjoy hearing your suggestions.

Perhaps I was unclear - I am in no way opposed to people using FoxCoins as a currency to present themselves with a net profit over fiat, as I implied above. What I meant to say was (and was unclear about) is that I am opposed to people who mine/trade/whatever foxcoin for the sole purpose of converting it to BTC/fiat and have no interest in the future of FoxCoin whatsoever. What I mean by this includes, but is not restricted to people who: Autosell FoxCoins to exchanges for BTC (and beyond that, possibly fiat), people who mine in profit-targeting multipools, pump and dumpers, or anyone with the intent on using FoxCoin to get their maximum fiat/BTC buck and leave.

To reiterate my statement above the way it was intended:

I'd like to point out that FoxCoin was not designed for profit
Meaning FoxCoin's sole intention is not to provide me and others with a method to obtain BTC/fiat.

and we do not support profitdiggers
Meaning people who jump to the most profitable thing to mine and convert their earnings in to BTC/fiat when it isn't necessary.

, pump and dumpers, etc. While there is very little effectively nothing we can do to stop the practice we directly oppose anybody digging FoxCoin just for profit.
Profit meaning simply converting dug up FoxCoins into BTC/fiat.

Just that.

For sure it is! But how can we get in there? Voting?

That would be a logical conclusion.

I'm new with Fox...wich is the .conf and the command for solo mining with wallet?
 Huh

The digging feature is built in! Simply go to the 'dig site' page and enter in the appropriate details for your GPU/CPU. Be sure to email/message any issues you may have.

Slow pump incoming on cryptorush, be ready.

Greaaaat....

I'd like to make an important announcement! An important update for FoxCoin is on the horizon!

Update 1.6.0:
- Inbuilt acre explorer, including transaction decoding
- Digging yield calculator
- Network page
- Addnode RPC command, as well as several others
- Network health statistics area
- General statistics page improvments
- Backend changes

This update will be MANDATORY!

Have some screenshots!

Acre Explorer:

Transaction explorer:

Statistics Page:

Digging Calculator:
RoyalCobra

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:12:44 AM

Price is very low now, think that this is good time to BUY.
mamleader

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:37:54 PM

acre explorer and digging calculator looking great and solid nice work Smiley
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 09:42:03 PM

GIT hacked? https://github.com/CoinFox/FoxCoin/issues/6

1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni  Bitcoin stuff on my OneDrive
My RPC CoinControl for any coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929954
Some stuff on https://github.com/Rav3nPL/
AnonyFox (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:56:32 PM

acre explorer and digging calculator looking great and solid nice work Smiley

Thanks!

Have a screenshot of the network screen:

Replied to to your issue on github.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: